latest electoral map projections

hilbert

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 06:15 am
See this website for the projected electoral vote based on polls.

http://core.talkingpointsmemo.com/election/scoreboard

Ragman

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 07:28 am
@hilbert,
IMHO, it's far too soon for such a poll to have any meaning. I have issues with voting polls, in general. Unlike the popular election, Electoral College vote is mighty hard to grasp until citizen voters cast their lot. All that matters with Electoral College is the final result - not the fickle polling. Especially with this alleged closeness of the popular voting. Can't count chickens before they hatch.

Even most of the voter polls is/are pretty meaningless (except to guide campaign workers and strategists) ... except they can be somewhat useful and meaningful in the last week or two of the election.

However, in looking at the link, if I were Obama's campaign manager, I'd be concentrating on PA, Texas, Deep South, FL if I were Obama.

All that being said, whether it's Obama or Romney that wins...we are still going to hamstrung by spineless legislators who have no accountability and are eltting the country slip away. Legislation needs to be put in place for enticing corporations to return to US and employ our able-bodied skilled work force and recharge our economy. Romney has already proved he's inclined to send workers off shore to benefit his pocket book.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 03:55 pm
Good accurate post. Its way too early.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 03:59 pm
@hilbert,
That shows Ohio and Colorado moving into Obama's column pretty convincingly. I would wait until we see more polls to make sure it just isn't an aberration in one week's polling.
parados

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 04:02 pm
@parados,
Florida is still the state that Romney has to win to have a path to victory. Obama has a slight lead but it's statistically insignificant.
Ragman

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 06:06 pm
@parados,
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but this lovely state of FL has infamous voters who've elected Rick Scott as Governor, mind you! It doesn't begin and end there, either.
parados

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 06:39 pm
@Ragman,
Is that the same Rick Scott that has a current approval rating in the 30s?
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 06:39 pm
@Ragman,
This is a fun site to fool around with. Be warned, though -- you can (and will) waste a LOT of time Smile

http://electoralmap.net/2012/myPrediction.php
Ragman

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 06:41 pm
@Irishk,
Oooh! Such fun, thanks!
Irishk

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 06:42 pm
@Ragman,
You're welcome! Smile
0 Replies