Can husband prevent you from attending kids activities

Angel24

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 11:21 am
I just asked my husband for a divorce yesterday . We have an extremely un healthy marriage . He is a great dad but terrible husband .emotionally abusive and belligerent .he coaches a little league team and said I can not go around his team (which my kids are on) or else he would humiliate me until I leave and he said he would also have the commissioner throw me out. H is very hateful. What would be good ideas to handle this ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,254 • Replies: 3

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 11:29 am
@Angel24,
Honestly, I'd just let him "win" this one.

He probably can't stop you from going and he probably can't get you thrown out of the game but he surely could make things miserable for your kids if they have to witness their parents fighting in front of their friends.

I know you want to go and see them play but there will be other opportunities for that.

And please don't be all "I can't go because your dad's a dick" but just tell your kids it's probably best that you not be there while everyone is so upset but that you'll expect a play by play when they get home.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 11:30 am
@Angel24,
Can you have a family member or friend attend the games with you?

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have them there to support you AND to be witnesses to any abusive behaviour on his part.

As long as you're cool and quiet when you attend your children's games, he'll have a hard time giving the commissioner a good reason to throw you out.

Sounds like he's trying to find an easy way to avoid you and threaten you at the same time.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 11:32 am
You just told him you want a divorce yesterday, why not give him some space before showing up at a bunch of public events? Take the high road.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies