Zero Interest in Sex

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 05:53 pm
I'm only nineteen years old, I've been with my boyfriend for almost four years now. For the past few months I've had NO interest in sex. It's not him, I just don't want sex at all. I use to want it every single day, sometimes more. What's wrong? And how do I fix it?

Ragman

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 06:11 pm
@ElleAbri,
Are you stressed out about something that is going in your life or around you?
Are you distracted by something? Any money or job troubles?

Have you asked him if he can give you more foreplay? Could that be the issue for you? Is he trying to hurry the intimacy process or displaying frustration to you?

Has this ever happened to you before?
ElleAbri

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 06:16 pm
@Ragman,
I'm not anymore stressed than before, and nothing much has changed.

Money problems aren't serious, nor is job problems.

He's tried lots of things to get me "in the mood". Nothing has worked. What do you mean by "hurry the intimacy process"?
Yeah, he's frustrated that I'm not wanting sex anymore. Part of it is him hurt, it seems like I don't want HIM anymore. But it's sex, I still love him just the same.

No, this has never happened.
Ragman

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 07:02 pm
@ElleAbri,
Quote:
What do you mean by "hurry the intimacy process"?

What do you think that means?

To me that would mean trying to get to having intercourse before you're properly stimulated.

Perhaps he also has a climax before you have your climax.

Do you have a climax typically?

Based on what you've written, if it were me in that situation, I'd make a doctor's appointment. I'm no expert but I'd suggest that you get a physical with blood tests to determine whether or not my hormone level was in the correct range. That would be a good starting point.

Rule that out first and then go from there.

From there, perhaps a psychologist to figure out what might be affecting you emotionally.

ElleAbri

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:40 pm
@Ragman,
No, I've always climaxed from sex, and he won't until I do.

I've wanted to talk to a psychologist, but I really don't have the money for that right now :/
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:02 pm
@ElleAbri,
If you consider this problem important enough perhaps you can find a way.
There are many counselors that may work with you on affordabilty using a sliding scale if expenses are the problem. If your relationship and sexuality is a priority, then a bit of research might turn up for you some important help.

As I wrote before, I would get a physical and see if there's an underlying health issue...first.
0 Replies

hilbert

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 08:20 am
@ElleAbri,
Are you taking anti-depressants? This article says they will kill your sex drive.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/05/05/sex-on-antidepressants/
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 09:34 am
@ElleAbri,
Are you taking contraceptives? The pill? If yes, perhaps you need to change
the dosage or product. It seems there is a hormonal imbalance that is causing you to lose interest in sex, especially since you liked it at one point.

Go to Planned Parenthood or another gynecologist of your choice, they can help you.
0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 03:25 am
@hilbert,
good point Hilbert I started taking Adderall-Xr at like 21 and I couldn't get a boner so I stopped taking pills all together eff that. Pills are evil and a lot of them have side effects. If you have any prescriptions read the papers that come along with em for side effects. If they do have a tendency to have sexual side effects I would find a pill that doesn't or stop taking it entirely.
0 Replies

Insomnium

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 08:32 am
@ElleAbri,

Read Question
Reply to All

Zero Interest in Sex
Forums: Sex, Relationships
Tag this Topic • Get Email Updates • Email this Topic • Print this Page
View Profile ElleAbri

Reply report Sun 8 Jul, 2012 05:53 pm
I'm only nineteen years old, I've been with my boyfriend for almost four years now. For the past few months I've had NO interest in sex. It's not him, I just don't want sex at all. I use to want it every single day, sometimes more. What's wrong? And how do I fix it?

Stumble It Stumble It!

Post to Twitter Tweet This

Bookmark on Delicious Bookmark on Delicious

Share on Facebook Share on Facebook

Share on MySpace! Share on MySpace

Topic Stats
Top Replies
Link to this Topic

Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,453 • Replies: 8

Previous • Post: # 5,038,398 • Next
View Profile Ragman

Reply report Sun 8 Jul, 2012 06:11 pm
@ElleAbri,
Are you stressed out about something that is going in your life or around you?
Are you distracted by something? Any money or job troubles?

Have you asked him if he can give you more foreplay? Could that be the issue for you? Is he trying to hurry the intimacy process or displaying frustration to you?

Has this ever happened to you before?
Signature How old are you anyway, you perseverate and never come up for air.
1 Reply

Previous • Post: # 5,038,400 • Next
View Profile ElleAbri

Reply report Sun 8 Jul, 2012 06:16 pm
@Ragman,
I'm not anymore stressed than before, and nothing much has changed.

Money problems aren't serious, nor is job problems.

He's tried lots of things to get me "in the mood". Nothing has worked. What do you mean by "hurry the intimacy process"?
Yeah, he's frustrated that I'm not wanting sex anymore. Part of it is him hurt, it seems like I don't want HIM anymore. But it's sex, I still love him just the same.

No, this has never happened.
1 Reply

Previous • Post: # 5,038,462 • Next
View Profile Ragman

Reply report Sun 8 Jul, 2012 07:02 pm
@ElleAbri,
Quote:

What do you mean by "hurry the intimacy process"?

What do you think that means?

To me that would mean trying to get to having intercourse before you're properly stimulated.

Perhaps he also has a climax before you have your climax.

Do you have a climax typically?

Based on what you've written, if it were me in that situation, I'd make a doctor's appointment. I'm no expert but I'd suggest that you get a physical with blood tests to determine whether or not my hormone level was in the correct range. That would be a good starting point.

Rule that out first and then go from there.

From there, perhaps a psychologist to figure out what might be affecting you emotionally.

1 Reply

Previous • Post: # 5,039,120 • Next
View Profile ElleAbri

Reply report Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:40 pm
@Ragman,
No, I've always climaxed from sex, and he won't until I do.

I've wanted to talk to a psychologist, but I really don't have the money for that right now :/
1 Reply

Previous • Post: # 5,039,142 • Next
View Profile Ragman

Reply report Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:02 pm
@ElleAbri,
If you consider this problem important enough perhaps you can find a way.
There are many counselors that may work with you on affordabilty using a sliding scale if expenses are the problem. If your relationship and sexuality is a priority, then a bit of research might turn up for you some important help.

As I wrote before, I would get a physical and see if there's an underlying health issue...first.
0 Replies

Previous • Post: # 5,040,870 • Next
View Profile hilbert

Reply report Wed 11 Jul, 2012 08:20 am
@ElleAbri,
Are you taking anti-depressants? This article says they will kill your sex drive.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/05/05/sex-on-antidepressants/
0 Replies

njpchevorlet

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 01:25 pm
@ElleAbri,
Sounds like you have just worn out the spark that you once had, sexually speaking, this oftens happens with people that have been together a while, there is nothing wrong with you. Usually a simple fix is to step it up a bit in the kinky isle, role play fanticies are usually the best first step.
0 Replies