Eva

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 06:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That place looks wonderful, c.i.!

(I cheated and googled it.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 08:09 pm
@Eva,
If you're driving, here's info on the parking garage. Also, restaurants validate the parking ticket.

Quote:
PARKING

Enter parking garage on Beach Street between Larkin & Polk Streets.

Garage hours:
6:00 am – 2:00am, 7 days a week.

Rates:
$2.25 every 20 minutes $32 maximum (for up to 24 hours)

Parking validation with a purchase at stores and restaurants.
Eva

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 08:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you! That's a BIG help! Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 11:43 pm
c.i. and his lovely wife met me and Hubby for lunch today, and we had a very nice time. The restaurant had the most amazing views of the Bay, and we were lucky...no fog today! The sky was a perfect clear blue, and the water sparkled. The food was delicious. Hubby was finally able to order cioppino, and although their version was a bit unusual, he didn't leave one drop in the bowl. I believe we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Although the setting, weather and food were perfect, it was the conversation that meant the most. It was so good to see c.i. again -- we met at the a2k meet in Chicago a few years ago. And I felt especially lucky to meet mrs. c.i. this time. She is petite and soft-spoken, and very gracious. Wonderful smile!

The service at the restaurant was slow, but that suited us just fine...it gave Hubby and me more time to spend with these lovely people.

Thank you, c.i., for arranging everything. We really appreciated it. Please know that if you ever tire of exotic destinations such as China, the Amalfi Coast, or Havana, Cuba, you are always welcome to come to Tulsa, Oklahoma (Ha!) and we promise to treat you like royalty. Just look for us at the airport in the white a2k ball caps you gave us. (What a great souvenir to remind us of you and our time in San Francisco! Thank you again!)
the prince

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:22 am
@Eva,
Did C.I. Flirt with you on my behalf?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:58 am
@Eva,
Eva, It was totally our pleasure to meet again, and to finally meet your Hubby.
We were very lucky with the nice weather, and the views from the restaurant is quite spectacular!

Glad you and Hubby enjoyed it; my wife and I also enjoyed it.

Please keep in touch.

BTW, I booked a 10-day cruise for October that begins in Athens, and ends up in Istanbul, but we get to spend a few days in Israel. I've been there before, but that was in 2006. We'll be visiting Jerusalem and Haifa - both worth a second visit.

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 01:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What happened to georgeob1, Cyclo and Lash? None had time to meet Eva?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 03:07 pm
@CalamityJane,
George never responded to my emails, I wrote to Cyclo twice, and he finally said he couldn't make it, and Lash never responded to my PM's.

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:05 am
@the prince,
(lol!) With my husband and his wife sitting there?! He is too smart for that, and besides, he is the perfect gentleman.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
Istanbul and Israel are on my Top Ten List of places I still want to visit ... And after two weeks in Italy?! I would think I had died and gone to heaven!!!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

George never responded to my emails, I wrote to Cyclo twice, and he finally said he couldn't make it, and Lash never responded to my PM's.

You seem to have been kicked out of the A2K Kool Kid Klub CI. What, did no one tell you?

Your hat handing out duties will need to be handed off to someone who is a member in good standing. Perhaps Morgan will take the job.
Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:13 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

What happened to georgeob1, Cyclo and Lash? None had time to meet Eva?

It was too bad they couldn't make it, but we had a very good time anyway.

One of these days I hope to meet them ... and you!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:20 am
@hawkeye10,
Funny coming from a clown like you! Some a2kers use pretty descriptive adjectives for your posts. That tells me plenty enough.
Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
Whatever it was he said, c.i., just Ignore him ... like I do. Cool
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:44 am
@Eva,
Sorry to have missed you all. I just got back late today fron a long-planned 5 day weekend with my sons at an exceptional place on the Russian River.

(Tried also to reply to CI's e-mail but the address bounced.)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 08:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yeah, I had committed to help a friend move apartments on Saturday, sorry I couldn't make it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:09 pm
I choose not to take it personally that I had heard of none of this.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:20 pm
Actually, in mid January, Jane and I passed through San Francisco and as we had a couple of Texans with us who'd never seen the city (or the coast) we did the passage slowly. Drove up to the redwoods (where George meets with odd people in that strange tree-worship thing they do) and that drive provides a vista of the city that's really quite awe-inspiring. I do love California very much. Stopped at Carmel which I'd not seen before and totally fell in love with the place.

In any case, what with this election getting closer and what with everything that has happened over the last four years, I thought I'd pop in here and see what sorts of discussions might be taking place. Not a whole lot, my brief glance suggests.

But I did want to say hi to george, one of my favorite a2k folk, ask how he's doing and get some notion of how he is thinking about his party now.

To all other old friends, hello.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:35 pm
@blatham,
You shoulda at least let us minions know you were passing by; coulda had coffee or somethin. Maybe, next time, heh?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:45 pm
Ah, to be with Eva in the Bay Area. We would have had fun.. oh, and food.

On Carmel, I liked it (charming) when I was a teen. Turned against it (cutesyville) as a grown up. Turned back to liking it in the nineties, it is what it is.

California varies. It's my home.

Which reminds me, I just finished T. Coraghessan Boyle's Tortilla Curtain, which hones in on Topanga Canyon (LA area) in the 90's. Glad I finally read it.
His Topanga is not mine of memory, but his is more recent.

<Hi, Bernie>
0 Replies