Its Independence Day!! And Im about to get really obnoxious about it! LOL

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:04 am
@izzythepush,
Not to mention The Specials. This could be about our unequal extradition treaty.

Why must you record my phone calls?
Are you planning a bootleg LP?
Said you've been threatened by gangsters
Now it's you, that's threatening me

Can't fight corruption with con tricks
They use the law to commit crime
And I dread, dread to think what the future will bring
When we're living in gangster time

Don't call me scar face

Can't interrupt while I'm talking
Or they'll confiscate all your guitars
and catch 22 says if I sing the truth
they won't make me an overnight star

Don't offer us legal protection
They use the law to commit crime
I dread to think what the future will bring
When we're living in gangster time
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:09 am
@izzythepush,
I think a country whose education system can produce a girl who only realises that milk is produced by cows udders when she reaches the age of 14, is quite shocking. If you weren't so keen on preaching, you might consider it shocking too, because it really is.
Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:14 am
@izzythepush,
If you're looking for things to be shocked about, i'm sure you'll find them. You're just a nasty, waspish, hating little man, and nothing about your polemic surprises me. I haven't preached about anything, but then, i'm used to you making **** up when you have no argument.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:19 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
What a disgusting display. Miss Olga, you don't love Australia, warts and all?

No, I don't.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:20 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
Of course I love my country

which is it then?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:22 am
@Setanta,
Oh for fucks sake, can't you come up with your own adjectives? I called you waspish remember? I don't go round looking for things to be shocked about, I find shocking things shocking, and were you to take an objective approach to things, you would too.

As we're pinching each others lines, or in your case cliches, I'll sign off with.

Sure, Bubba, whatever you say....

clown

idiot

hi-lar-i-ous.

Maybe it's time you tried to expand your limited vocabulary. Just a thought.

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:24 am
@ehBeth,
Confused

I think I have already stated my position.
Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:24 am
@izzythepush,
That's right, i'm paying you in your own coin. I really don't care if you sign off or not.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:25 am
Really, Beth, how crass of you to point out the constradictions in Miss Olga's replies.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:28 am
@msolga,
that little emoticon certainly seems to express your confusion

you seem to have become so caught up in the regular argument routine that you ended up disagreeing with yourself - in order to score a point with Set

was it worth it?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:30 am
@Setanta,
I would be very interested if you would clearly point out the "contradictions " in my posts on this thread, Setanta.
Please go right ahead!
Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:32 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

I would be very interested if you would clearly point out the "contradictions " in my posts on this thread, Setanta.
Please go right ahead!

ehBeth wrote:

msolga wrote:

Quote:
What a disgusting display. Miss Olga, you don't love Australia, warts and all?

No, I don't.

ehBeth wrote:

msolga wrote:
Of course I love my country

which is it then?
snood

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:36 am
Izzy and msolga,
The points you are making are not difficult to understand, and I think any reasonable (and honest) person can see that.

It is never okay to insert comments about the "warts" (some call slavery the "original sin" of the US) of the country, right in the middle of someone's flag-waving. Expecially not during the 4th of July "Independence Day" annual fervor. Especially not on a cutesy thread (self-described by its launcher as "obnoxious" - which I guess should have inoculated it from any contention or sobriety).

So, we should've known better, and if we're going to make these kinds of comments on the 4th of July, in a harmless and cute thread like this, maybe we should go back to Africa or the Phillipines or Ireland or wherever the hell we're from.

Or not.

I'm glad y'all said something. And screw the rest of these clowns.
msolga

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:48 am
@Setanta,
Please point out the contradictions in my posts, Setanta/ehBeth

You don't seem to "get" that it is possible to love the country one lives in, but still have problems with some of its government's policies?
I would have thought that was what participatory democracy was all about. Having your say.
Yes?

What's the issue here with you & ehBeth?
I don't get it.
Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:53 am
@msolga,
If you sersiourly can't see that, you're hopeless. I'll waste no more time on you, especially as, over the years, i've grown tired of your snotty attitude.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 06:55 am
Yes, let us ignore the hundreds of thousands who died to end slavery, and cherish a grudge 135 years after slavery was outlawed in this country. By all means, let's play the bully and beat up on an adolescent who just wanted to enjoy herself, but forgot to check in with the political rectitude gestapo first.
msolga

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:03 am
@Setanta,
That has nothing, absolutely nothing, to what the intention of what this thread was actually about.

Who would not admire & venerate those who put their lives on the line to end slavery?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:06 am
@msolga,
I understand you perfectly Felix.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:07 am
@msolga,
Neither Gracie nor i brought the subject up. There is another member who keeps beating that drum. I do need to make a correction, though. Slavery did not end in the United States 135 years ago. The Thirteenth amendment was ratified in December, 1867. That was more than 144 years ago. That's a long time to cherish a grudge.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:08 am
@snood,
I agree with everything you said apart from posting on the 4th of July. I don't think any of us did, we all waited until the day after at least, and only then because it had all become rather nauseating
0 Replies