America like in the Movies?

German

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:35 am
Hello, so im from germany and i really love the films on comedy central like family guy or american dad. so is this the truth what is show in this movies. is this how you cities looks like? a straight street with 10000 of houses? And every house look nearly same? and then all in all your stores are so different and the schools with the football and the higschools (i never understand the differene between american schools) and you wear this clothes and all cool kids are in the football team an u have this uhm iron lockers where you store ur school material. and the chairs have their table on it. And then there are on every corner is a McDonalds or burger King and i really want to know. does the cluckingBell from gta San Andreas really exist? I just know the tacoBell. And then the fat guys in there electronic wheelchairs. So is this really how it looks in america? im really exited. and sorry for the bad americanisch. U can also ask me a few things what u ever wanted to know about germany Wink

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:47 am
@German,
Ooh, I have a question about Germany.

Would it be cheaper to buy good (new) Lederhosen from a reputable Ye Olde Hosen sboppe, or should I purchase it from Walter's Lithuanian friend, as he suggests?
German

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:53 am
@Lordyaswas,
this doesn't really matter as long as its german quality u can't make any wrong desicion
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:56 am
@German,
That's what Walter said as well.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 02:20 pm
At every intersection, there is a McDonalds on one corner, a Burger King on the opposite corner, a Taco Bell on the corner in between and a Chic-fil-A opposite that. They all have many security cameras, and if you walk past the corner on more than two occasions without visiting any of those restaurants, the security control center alerts a special team of Jehovah's Witnesses who will then follow you around trying to get you to talk about Jesus, and pressing copies of Watchtower magazine on you. The streets in between are usually littered with crack houses and the tenements of those who turn adolescent girls into prostitutes, manufacture methamphetamine or sell illegal firearms. These houses are usually guarded by savage bulldogs or black gangsters. That is why most of us drive everywhere we go. Thankfully, all of those restaurants have drive-throughs.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 02:38 pm
@Setanta,
Set, isn't it also true that all the police cars have their sirens switched on when the engine is running, and that donut shops are always filled with cops?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 02:50 pm
Yes . . . this was first revealed to the rest of the world by the musical group The Bangles, in 1986 . . .

If you want to find all the cops
They're hanging out in the donut shop
They sing and dance (Oh whey oh)
They spin the clubs and cruise down the block.

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 03:01 pm
@Setanta,
Love that song. Also Manic Monday.

They (Bangles) are the US equivalent of our Bananarama.

]
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 03:11 pm
@Setanta,
Except Chicago. Firearms are almost completely outlawed, but visitors are expect to show up with their own submachine guns. Thompson is the brand of choice.
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 03:12 pm
@roger,
They have a big submachine gun party every February 14th, too.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 03:24 pm
Here are Unit 4 plus 2, trying to recreate the typical New York backdrop for their 60's hit, Concrete and Clay.

Good job, boys. No sirens though. It's also incredible how your drummer can make his tambourine sound like a full drum set. Most impressive.

0 Replies

German

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 08:42 am
@Setanta,
uhm well in germany we don't have these sort of partys. On german partys teenager meet together like me and my friend (16) and the we drink alkohol like vodka beer rum till the morning. Well in german u can drink beer with 16 jears and hard things 50% with 18. But when u carry a gun with you you'll be under arrest in 5 seconds. So every country have their advantages and disadvantages i think. No cop in germany cares when u walk down the street while drinking some vodka.
Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 10:58 am
@German,
I so happy for you . . . it must be wonderful to live in such a superior country!

And you get to drive really fast, too, huh?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 10:58 am
@German,
I so happy for you . . . it must be wonderful to live in such a superior country!

contrex

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 11:26 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

And, like Henning Vehn says, get to be mean to Muslims because there aren't any Jews left.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 02:38 am
@German,
German wrote:

Hello, so im from germany and i really love the films on comedy central like family guy or american dad. so is this the truth what is show in this movies.

Yes, America is completely animated, the change normally occurs mid Atlantic, so make sure you employ a reputable cartoonist.
Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 02:40 am
@izzythepush,
Sound advice . . . what with the "partying" all night on beer and vodka, he'll need to keep his wits about him . . .
German

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:51 am
@Setanta,
hey im not always drunk.
0 Replies

German

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:53 am
@Setanta,
no speedlimit on german highways
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:41 am
@German,
German wrote:

Hello, so im from germany and i really love the films on comedy central like family guy or american dad. so is this the truth what is show in this movies.

Well, first of all, those aren't movies. They're TV shows. And no, nothing in America is like Family Guy or American Dad. That's the joke.

German wrote:
is this how you cities looks like? a straight street with 10000 of houses? And every house look nearly same?

The streets in American cities are, on the whole, much straighter than streets in German cities. That's why we won the war.

German wrote:
and then all in all your stores are so different and the schools with the football and the higschools (i never understand the differene between american schools) and you wear this clothes and all cool kids are in the football team an u have this uhm iron lockers where you store ur school material. and the chairs have their table on it.

Yes.

German wrote:
And then there are on every corner is a McDonalds or burger King and i really want to know.

No. On every corner there's a Walgreen's or CVS or Duane Reade pharmacy.

German wrote:
does the cluckingBell from gta San Andreas really exist? I just know the tacoBell.

I think all of the business references in the GTA series are fake. In general, you shouldn't judge the US by the depictions found in violent video games. The US is only about half as violent in real life as it is in GTA.

German wrote:
And then the fat guys in there electronic wheelchairs. So is this really how it looks in america?

Maybe. It's not easy to see the US when the view is blocked by all those fat guys in electronic wheelchairs.