Feds tell Border Patrol to run, hide from gunmen

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:43 am
http://times247.com/articles/feds-tell-border-patrol-to-run-hide-from-gunmen

Quote:

Border Patrol agents in Arizona are blasting their bosses for telling them, along with all other Department of Homeland Security employees, to run and hide if they encounter an "active shooter."

It's one thing to tell civilian employees to cower under a desk if a gunman starts spraying fire in a confined area, say members of Tucson Local 2544/National Border Patrol Council, but to give armed law enforcement professionals the same advice is downright insulting.....

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/feds-tell-border-patrol-to-run-hide-from-gunmen#ixzz1zfXAo1L7

Anybody have any sort of a picture of Ike making a speech like that to the GIs before they hit the beaches on D-Day??

Quote:

"Now, boys, I want you to go over there and establish a presence and conduct yourselves in a dignified manner, but if you see any Germans over there your orders are to run and hide, I mean, those Germans are BAD people, some of them even carry firearms around on them......"

I'm not having an easy time picturing that myself.

jcboy

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:50 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Anybody have any sort of a picture of Ike making a speech like that to the GIs before they hit the beaches on D-Day??

Yeah because hitting the beaches of Normandy and protecting the Arizona borders are so similar. Cool Laughing

RABEL222

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:55 am
Why dont you go down there and show them how to fix bayonets and charge them stupid ass. Of course you get down and return fire. More fox news bs.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:55 am
@jcboy,
Not all that similar. The D-Day Invasion, when you come down to it, was an invasion of a foreign country. Like the other border states, Arizona is part of the continental United States.
roger

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 09:56 am
@gungasnake,
Bill Jordan would croak, if he were still alive.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 10:01 am
@roger,
You mean trying to picture Ike telling the boys how bad the Germans were like Sam the Sham talking about the bad wolf??

0 Replies