Those Of You Crying About Having A Tax Hike To Pay For "Obamacare"

parados

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 02:42 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
4. Elimination of the outmoded WW-II notion of triage in favor of a system which took some rational account of who pays for the system and who doesn't. The horror stories I keep reading about the middle-class guy with an injured child having to fill out forms for three hours while an endless procession of illegal immigrants just walks in and are seen, would end, as would any possibility of that child waiting three hours for treatment while people were being seen for heroin overdoses or other lifestyle issues.

ROFLMAO...
Those "horror stories" will be with us always.
I was told by someone once that 90% of the people that go to the ER at my local hospital are illegals that are getting free care. People believe the horror stories even if they are outlandish and completely untrue. The same person also told me that 75% of the students in the local school were illegals. He believed both statistics because he wanted to. They were so far off they couldn't possibly be true.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 03:06 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Hopefully the hike in tax helps us keep away from death a little longer.

As they say, nothing is more certain than death and taxes.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2012 03:45 pm
@aspvenom,
Death and taxes are probably the least of what somebody with the blue balls would worry about...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTswROJCYT7XMUsKv8qGQUtrORkrzHb7C25ey1E5tclxuG4tGvj

revelette

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 11:27 am
Quote:
The Obama Administration was not alone in benefiting from today’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling that upheld the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. Policyholders already enjoying the benefits of the Affordable Care Act will be getting rebate checks, as soon as August.

“An estimated $1.3 billion will be doled out to individuals and small businesses under a clause in the Affordable Care Act,” according to Business Insider.

The Obamacare rebate checks are part of a provision in the health care law that requires insurance companies to use 80 percent of collected premiums on medical services. If they don’t, they have to send rebates to policyholders for the difference.

In other words, the profits of private insurance companies are limited by Obamacare, which is why Republicans beholden to insurance and drug company lobbyists have generated so much negative spin against the health insurance law.

But even Republicans like parts of Obamacare.

In a recent poll, 80 percent of Republicans favor insurance exchanges where individuals can buy health insurance at group rates. And more than 50 percent like sliding scale subsidies, allowing children up to 26 years old to be insured under their parents policies, and the requirement of businesses with more than 50 employees to provide health insurance coverage.

Furthermore, “Seventy eight percent of Republicans support banning insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions; 86 percent of Republicans favor banning insurance companies from cancelling policies because a person becomes ill,” according to the Washington Post.

Contrary to some Republican spin, Obamacare does nothing to change the current insurance policies of existing consumers.

There has been a plethora of Obamacare misinformation generated by Republicans since debate on the law began in 2009. Republican scare tactics of "Death Panels" in Obamacare proved to be completely false.

Furthermore, Obamacare will actually reduce health care costs and lower the federal deficit by $50 billion more than original CBO estimates.

Of Obamacare, Separating facts from myths said:“While there will be tax implications, most of the biggest changes apply to medical manufacturers, insurers and pharmaceutical companies. In fact, some Americans may see no changes at all. Tax changes that could affect average individuals include …
• A 10% sales tax on indoor tanning (yes, really)
•A 0.9% increase on the Medicare tax rate
•A 3.8% tax on investment income for individuals earning more than $200,000 and households earning more than $250,000
•Taxes on high-end or “Cadillac” health care plans (this excise tax would not begin until 2018 and only apply to insurers of plans that exceed $10,200 annually for individual coverage, or $27,500 annually for family coverage)”

Another favored Republican talking point to mislead the public on Obamacare claims that it pays for abortions. That is false. There is no provision in the Affordable Care Act that changes insurance coverage for abortions.

The Obama Administration has been accused of doing a poor job of "selling" the benefits of the Affordable Care Act to the public, and that appears to be true. Most people don’t even know what’s in the bill, but since they have been told by Republicans that it’s bad, they believe it – even though the GOP sound bites prove to be completely false.

The Affordable Care Act is not a perfect law, but it is a first step in reining-in out of control health care costs, and gives millions of Americans new access to more affordable health insurance.

While many people do not understand all the provisions of Obamacare, they do understand money, which they will be getting in the form of an Obamacare rebate check in about six weeks.

source
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2012 02:31 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Death and taxes are probably the least of what somebody with the blue balls would worry about...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTswROJCYT7XMUsKv8qGQUtrORkrzHb7C25ey1E5tclxuG4tGvj

That's all ya got isn't it?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 07:57 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
A "little extra?" Good luck with that.

You know, I doubt anyone who opposes ObamaCare gives even a little turd for what you do and don't sympathize with.

Have a nice day.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 07:59 pm
@RABEL222,
What a riot!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 08:00 pm
@McGentrix,
So true
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 08:04 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

It's always funny when people who don't make a lot of money and therefore don't actually pay a lot of taxes already say they don't mind paying a little bit more.

What's funnier is people that assume they pay more taxes than anyone else that volunteers they would pay more.

The problem I have McG is people like you that don't want to pay your share but instead want others to pay more than you do.

Do you even bother to try and tether your arguments in reality?

McG has argued he wants people to pay more in taxes than he does?

When?

I won't speak for him, but I can tell you I would be happy if the huge number of people who pay nothing only paid 25% of what I paid.

And please don't go off on a rant about cigarette and gas taxes.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 08:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
damn freeloading poor people...

Rolling Eyes
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 08:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Will someone please close the door, the gnats keep getting in.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 08:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
ya know, I can see where you get your model.

the rich have successfully managed to shift their tax burden to the economic classes under them.

why shouldn't you republican middle classers try to further shift the burden to the poor.
BILL USCHER

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 08:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
there is nothing extra and no tax. those of you who have medical insurance pay no tax. Those who don't because medical insurance is expensive the government or insurance companies will help. So you will not pay a tax.
Whats the problem
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 09:06 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I love it how no one realizes that the government was the cause behind why medical costs are so high and then think that government is required to solve the problem with more government. It amazes me that people think this is a good solution. Why can't people see that this is just more collusion? The only winners with this system are government and big insurrance companies.

The actual consumers don't win with this system at all. It will not be the amazing system that people are sold it to be. It will not make medical treatments cheaper, it will only force insurrance companies into over charging for policies. Society will become more poor because they will be spending when they don't need it and hospitals will be crouded with people who don't need treatments yet want to waste resources.

It really does show that the education system has failed to produce people who can rationally see through political schemes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 09:19 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Willard wants to be president; he's the guy who destroyed jobs, established health care in MA, and he still doesn't understand how our government works.

Where's Sarah Palin? She'd make a good VP. Two dummies heading our country should make the winter of my life pretty interesting.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 09:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Hey, dummie! I'm retired, and I'm willing to pay more taxes for "all" Americans will have health care. We're the last of the so-called "advanced" country (the richest to boot) without universal health care with the largest military on the planet.

Your head is all fuc.... up!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 09:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I won't speak for him, but I can tell you I would be happy if the huge number of people who pay nothing only paid 25% of what I paid.

And which huge number of people would that be? All the retired people? Or are you referring to the working people that pay FICA?

Perhaps you should find out about who actually pays which taxes Finn.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 09:29 pm
@parados,
Finn et al are so ignorant, they don't even understand how our tax system works!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 09:30 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
It will not make medical treatments cheaper, it will only force insurrance companies into over charging for policies

Actually, they can't overcharge based on the law. They must spend 80% of the policy payments on actual health care.

Quote:

It really does show that the education system has failed to produce people who can rationally see through political schemes.
Yes, your post does show that.
Krumple

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 10:34 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Actually, they can't overcharge based on the law. They must spend 80% of the policy payments on actual health care.

Yeah which is why the companies that charge for servicing medical equipment will raise their rates. Since it doesn't come directly out of the consumers pockets they won't care. It will just be a hike in prices for medical services and equipment or supplies. This will flood over into the insurrance policies. It is their involvement that causes this problem to arise and it always happens.