NC STUDENT WHO VIDEOTAPED PRO-OBAMA SCREAMING TEACHER FACES HARASSMENT

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 06:49 am
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/24/NC-student-interview-harassment

Quote:

Remember one month ago, when a high-school junior in the Rowan-Salisbury school district in North Carolina videotaped his teacher yelling at another student that he was being disrespectful for criticizing Barack Obama and that his behavior was a criminal offense?
The young man who did the videotaping had a hellish time finishing the school year. In an interview with Breitbart News, the young man’s sister described the ensuing weeks after the videotape. She said that some of the other students have said they are out to get the young man; the teacher, Tanya Dixon-Neely, has relatives who are students in the school. The young man’s family, fearing for his safety, requested for the young man to finish the last three weeks of school at home, but the school refused. Instead, the school offered for the young man to come to school after the other students were already in class, be secluded from other students during the school day and leave before school ended.
According to the videotaper’s sister, not only did the school authorities reject the appeal for home-schooling, they gave him a suspension on his school record for videotaping in the classroom -- the first suspension ever issued for such an action, despite the fact that other students have also videotaped on school grounds.
The young man’s sister stated that assistant principal Antoine Brisbon said to her brother, “That was a very stupid thing you did. You have damaged the school. Our staff is taking a beating because our phones are nonstop. This is all over the country.” She also said that after the video was released, Tanya Dixon-Neely started making indirect remarks at the young man accusing him of stabbing her in the back. The family tried to find another school for the young man, but the sister said the schools that are close enough are worse.
Meanwhile, Dixon-Neely received a ten-day suspension, but she will be back in the fall. Since the young man will be returning as a senior, he may have her as a teacher. Even if he does not, he will be reentering a poisonous atmosphere without support from the school.
Just what does it take for a teacher to be fired these days?...

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 08:36 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/24/NC-student-interview-harassment

Quote:

Just what does it take for a teacher to be fired these days?...

Well, you can make a videotape and selectively edit it to make the subject look like a racist. That has worked for Breitbart before.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 09:43 am
@joefromchicago,
Its ok to record teachers in class but wrong to record some cop beating the hell out of a citizen. Whats wrong with this picture. I will say the teacher should have used more restraint. But you are right about editing these things. I am beginning to believe we cant even believe our eyes when we are present at one of these events.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 09:46 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
She said that some of the other students have said they are out to get the young man

He should watch his back - I'd have been one of the ones for him to look out for, the little shithead.

Cycloptichorn
DrewDad

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 09:48 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Who'd have thought that families would stick together in North Carolina? It's almost like he started a feud or something....
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 09:50 am
@Cycloptichorn,
why?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 09:55 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

why?

Well, if you watch your back, you see who's gunning for ya - that's why.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:00 am
@gungasnake,
North Carolina is a Right to Work State--Unions, including Teachers Unions, are weakened as a result. Moreover, in January of this year the Republican Dominated Senate further weaken Teachers Unions in paticular.

As for the teacher (Tanya Dixon-Neely) after her 10 day unpaid suspension, her performance was reviewed by the local School Board (she had been previously been rated as superior twice) was repremanded and assigned to complete a monitored growth plan that places her on a short list within the district.

As for the tape that was presented by Hunter Rodgers as aired by the Right Wing Propaganda Media (Fox/Brietbart/Drudge) there is some question of editing the video tape to maximize Ms Dixon-Neely admittidly over the top response to Rodgers Obama/Romney statements (Nothing unusual for Fox as they have been caught several times with Roger Ailes showing his shorts ).

As for Hunter Rodgers present predicament, even when I read your cut and pasted Brietbart item I see that Mr Rodgers has been proffered the opportunity to complete his last year of high school at another facility. If Mr Rodgers paranoia is real, I'm sure Rowan-Salisbury School System will accomidate his wishes and/or assure his senior schedule doesn't involve Dixon-Neely.

Rap
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:56 am
The whole NC pubic school system seems to have a basic aversion to daylight, sort of like Count Dracula or something....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 02:56 pm
@joefromchicago,
This is funny. Complaining about the tape being edited. I guess you were upset about NBC's attempt to edit the 911 tapes in the Zimmerman case.

Pot meet kettle.
djjd62

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 03:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'd have been one of the ones for him to look out for, the little shithead.

Cycloptichorn

i meant why this remark, so he taped a teacher acting like a dick, big deal
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 03:25 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'd have been one of the ones for him to look out for, the little shithead.

Cycloptichorn

i meant why this remark, so he taped a teacher acting like a dick, big deal

It's usually been my experience that these kids are the biggest dicks of all, themselves.

Cycloptichorn
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 03:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
This is funny. Complaining about the tape being edited. I guess you were upset about NBC's attempt to edit the 911 tapes in the Zimmerman case.

I'm not complaining about anything and I'm not upset about anything. Other than that, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Baldimo wrote:
Pot meet kettle.

Leave your relatives out of this.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 03:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
sure, but the teacher sounded pretty stupid, edited or not

what amazed me the most is by the end of the audio i heard, back when it first came out, the teacher and student sort of worked everything out by the end, it's the media (again) that really blew this all out of proportion
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 03:44 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
I guess you were upset about NBC's attempt to edit the 911 tapes in the Zimmerman case.

I was. (and I am)

If you're going to call yourself a journalist, then report the truth.

Anything else, and you're an entertainer.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 04:00 pm
@DrewDad,
I give you props then.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 04:24 pm
Anybody who hasn't heard this one might want to:

I'd have a problem sending a kid to a school where one of the other kids sounded like that, much less a teacher...
0 Replies