is this mole cancerous?

midb

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 08:59 am
Are there any doctors or others who have an opinion about this mole

Ragman

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 09:13 am
@midb,
Why not try your own doctor? I don't mean to be rude but how could expect anyone to give you a worthwhile answer? Firstly, there are no doctors here.
Secondly, any ethical doctor on any forum would NEVER advise you sight unseen.

If you have such a serious concern such a potential skin cancer, make an appointment with a doctor.
midb

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 09:16 am
@Ragman,
how do I add a picture?
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 09:56 am
@midb,
Even if you added a picture, I still agree with Ragman. Even a doctor, with years of experience, and an educated guess, would not definitely say that a mole is benign or cancerous until he has had a biopsy done.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:59 am
@midb,
Quote:
C. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. All the content of the service, including all postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice because of something you've received from or read in the able2know service.

http://able2know.org/about/tos/
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 04:40 pm
@midb,
Look up the websites of your local skin cancer centers and ask them when they will next have free skin cancer screening clinics.

That's what I did after moving to NM and found that I had several basal cell skin cancers. The screening didn't cost me anything and was well worth the waiting time.

Until you find someone local who can check it out, here's a link to the Skin Cancer Foundation's Annual Bus Tour schedule. They travel all over the country doing free screenings:

http://www.skincancer.org/events/tour

The sooner you get it looked at, the less anxiety you will generate about it.

0 Replies