ProdigiousPlatypus

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
When, exactly, do you propose such a time will occur? There's been hostility toward government since the dawn of time. Not to mention, rioting will not yield results.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 01:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
I would love for you to name 10 that would be better and would be able to make the GOP get in line and actually do something.

I won't even expect you to name close to the million you claim.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 03:30 pm
@parados,
The republicans continue to complain about the deficit that GW Bush started with the Great Recession. Now that tax revenue is down, they complain that Obama is increasing the deficit.

They want it both ways without providing any solutions; just complaints.

http://i49.tinypic.com/dlib06.png
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 04:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The difference is that when bush added to it some of the best and the brightest economists testified that the debt was not a problem. No one believes that now, which makes obama's sin worse.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 04:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
It wasn't only during GW Bush's tenure. Look at what the CBO said from way, way, back - several decades.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 04:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
It wasn't only during GW Bush's tenure. Look at what the CBO said from way, way, back - several decades.

Another thing you seem to miss; GW Bush gave tax cuts without paying for his two wars and his drugs benefit, or the "current" expenses, and the Great Recession happened under his watch.

It doesn't take a economic genius to figure it out when tax revenue doesn't match spending.

Don't be such a dope. You'll be able to see all the problems only if you open your eyes to the facts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 05:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From Yahoo.
Quote:
Analysis: Candidates' deficit plans don't add up
By ANDREW TAYLOR | Associated Press – 8 hrs ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Here's the rap on the presidential candidates' plans for cutting federal deficits: Mitt Romney's is too bold and the numbers don't add up, while President Barack Obama's is too timid and his numbers don't add up, either.
As the government closes the books Sunday with a $1.1 trillion deficit for the year, which required borrowing 32 cents for every dollar it spent, budget analysts have little confidence in either man's plan to address the accumulating debt, now at about $16 trillion.
The Republican nominee promises to balance the budget in eight years to 10 years, but he also offers a mix of budgetary contradictions: higher Pentagon spending, restoring cuts that Democrats made in Medicare and an absolute refusal to consider tax increases.
To fulfill his promise, Romney would require cuts to other programs so deep — under one calculation requiring cutting many areas of the domestic budget by one-third within four years — that they could never get through Congress.
In other words, it wouldn't work.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 06:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
How many time do we have to go through this? Two unfunded wars, tax cuts are not Obama's fault. The dysfunction in DC is the problem. Thank the tea party. I don't agree with everything Obama's done, but I don't blame him for our problems.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 06:22 pm
I think our problems started when Lee Atwater figured out the way to get elected is to make it difficult for the incumbent and make it hard for them to succeed. Now when a party gets elected the other party spends four years fighting everything, regardless of the good of the country. We'll go down fighting with each other. There is no we, it's us and them.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:58 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Would you do me a favor and just put hawkass on ignore, trust me it works, makes the forum seem like such a fabulous place Cool

Consider them the A2K version of the Morgan and Anthony show. Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 12:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
From NYT FiveThirtyEight.

Quote:
We’re getting to the point in the campaign where a day on which the polls are in line with expectations is a winning one for Mr. Obama, since Mr. Romney trails in the race and now has just five full weeks to make the deficit up. Mr. Obama’s forecast rose slightly, to an 83.8 percent chance of winning the Electoral College, from 82.7 percent on Friday.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 12:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

parados wrote:

I guess I wouldn't fire management if the only candidate to replace them is worse.

the assertion was that we should feel good about Obama sitting in the chair, that we should feel proud of him.

****. THAT!

We should be mad as hell, and we should be ashamed of ourselves for letting things get so bad that the last three choices we have had are McCain, Obama and Romney, none of the three of them are good enough to warrant even serious consideration for the job. these guys are the best that America has to offer? No way, they are not even part of the best million we have.

I demand better

Who pray tell would you want as president? Lyndon LaRouche?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 12:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
if I remember correctly, he was a Palin supporter...
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 12:55 pm
@Rockhead,
I remember that too. Thought I was misremembering when I challenged him in another thread that he was merely a Tea Partier. Hawkeye disavowed ever being a Tea Party zombie. Which made me question my memory of his love/lust for Palin.

Hawkeye claims to be a radical liberal but I call bull on that because NONE of his stated views can ever be considered liberal.

Hawkeye? Can you state any of these radical liberal views you claim to own?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 12:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
ask to see his zen while you're at it...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 01:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
You have hawk labeled correctly! He's no liberal by any stretch of anybody's imagination except his own - which is off by about 1000 degrees. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 07:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This is too funny! From Yahoo news.

Quote:
Chris Christie: Wednesday night's debate is 'the restart of this campaign']
"Governor Romney has a vision for the direction of this country," Christie said. "He's not an accountant. He's not going to go line by line, as much as you'd like him to do, through the budget."
Christie then pivoted to President Obama. "Let's hold the president to the same standard and criticize him as well," Christie said. "How's he going to create a million new manufacturing jobs? He hasn't told anybody the specifics of that. How's he going to reduce $4 trillion in debt? We're still waiting to hear what he thinks about Simpson-Bowles, which he commissioned. I mean, he's been the president, and hasn't given us specifics. So let's be fair here."

Funny! Romney-Ryan is promising to increase tax cuts by 20% above Bush's, but can't tell us how he's going to pay for it. Line by line? Who's asking for that? Just general info on how he's planning to pay for this tax cut will be enough for us to determine whether his plan is a good one or not.

Christie also asked how Obama is going to "create a million new manufacturing jobs?" The better question is how is Romney going to create 12-million jobs in four years?

Somebody needs to tell Christie that the GOP congress has stopped every legislation put forward by Obama to create jobs. Also, the lack of jobs is the result of the Great Recession that GW Bush created, and most Americans blame our current economy on Bush, not Obama.

No wonder they're losing this election; they're on self-destruct by their foolishness on almost every front including voter suppression. Voter fraud was found in Florida, by the republicans on republicans.

That one belongs on the laffer curve - if it wasn't so serious.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 08:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
Notice the almost doubling from Reagan defense spending.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 10:22 am
@IRFRANK,
Bad news for Romney-Ryan.

From Yahoo News.
Quote:
Even before debates, electoral map appears largely written in stone
By David Rothschild, Yahoo! News | The Signal – 2 hrs 10 mins ago
Email

Many see potential for Wednesday's presidential debate to be a deciding moment in the 2012 election. From the Signal's perch here on Forecasting Mountain, we don't see a whole lot left to be decided.
Since we posted our first forecast of the state-by-state presidential election on Feb. 16, 2012, six months before the Republican Party even had an official nominee, only three states have flipped camps at any point in time. Virginia pointed toward the Republican nominee for several months during the summer, while both Florida and North Carolina have recently shifted to President Barack Obama's column. Almost all of the other 47 states have moved further in whichever direction they were leaning in February as the game clock has ticked down from more than 250 days to fewer than 40 until the election.

In February, we predicted that Obama would win re-election with 303 electoral votes. That estimate fell to 290 when Virginia flipped to the Republican column, and now stands at 347 with the restoration of Virginia and the addition of Florida and North Carolina.
JPB

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 10:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
intrade shows 332 with NC kinda pink

http://electoralmap.net/2012/intrade.php