parados

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 12:08 pm
@McGentrix,
Let me get this straight McG. You believe that a President and CEO of a company has no say in how the company is run? In fact you can't hold that person responsible for anything the company did?

Personal responsibility - It only applies to the little people.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 12:12 pm
@parados,
Yeah, me and quite a few others that know far more then you ever will.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 12:39 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't think you know a single iota more about how corporate governance works than Parados does. Or any other topic, really.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:05 pm
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that the triumvirate of issues - the Bain years, the refusal to release more tax records, and the offshore investments and accounts, will all combine into quite a hard obstacle for Romney to avoid.

It might not be as daunting a prospect for him had he himself not made his business acumen the calling card of his campaign. But when someone says the way that he handles money is the reason he should be entrusted to manage the economy, he should expect that all of his business dealings will be scrutinized.

aspvenom

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:32 pm
@snood,
Which means easy win for Obama.

I've heard some rumors that GOP has lost so much hope that now they're looking at the 2016 campaign.
revelette

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:56 pm
@aspvenom,
I wouldn't count on it and I hope Obama does't either. None of this really don't make any difference to hard core republicans who just want Obama out of his office and a president they can count on to sign their bills.
snood

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 02:41 pm
@revelette,
Right - that's the damnable crazy thing about our presidential politics today. The respective traits, talents, characters and even experience and record of the two candidates have very little to do with who will win. It all comes down to which line of advertising the 6% or so of swing, or "independent" voters buy into. The two camps - the democratic and the republican parties, are already sold.
JTT

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 04:17 pm
@snood,
Quote:
The two camps - the democratic and the republican parties, are already sold.

Odd, ain't it, Snood, that people should be so enamored with My war criminal candidate.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 04:20 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Yeah, me and quite a few others that know far more then you ever will.

And now remind us again how you don't hold Obama responsible for anything just like you say Romney isn't responsible.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 08:41 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that the triumvirate of issues - the Bain years, the refusal to release more tax records, and the offshore investments and accounts, will all combine into quite a hard obstacle for Romney to avoid.

It might not be as daunting a prospect for him had he himself not made his business acumen the calling card of his campaign. But when someone says the way that he handles money is the reason he should be entrusted to manage the economy, he should expect that all of his business dealings will be scrutinized.

Well, Not much to the bain years beyond showing how to run a successful business and make a lot of money. Post above discounts all the current drama the Dems are pandering. He has released all the tx records he is required to. Please don't tell me guys are going to become the new birthers demanding Romneys records. Remember defending Obama and his birth certificate? Surely you do. Finally, his off shore accounts? I think that in the hand book you get after making you 50th million dollrs there is a merit badge in off shore accounts. He's rich. Kerry was rich. Wierd how the Dems didn't care that Kerry was rich... and a Democrat no less! Shouldn't Kerry have donated all his riches to some poor people or something? At least Romney being successful, er I mean prosperous, oops, I mean rich fits with his conservative leanings.

So, Unless Obama actually comes up with something that people will want to actually vote for him, he may lose. He already ran the "I am not Bush" campaign. Is this campaign going to merely be "I'm not Romney"?
JTT

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 08:52 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Is this campaign going to merely be "I'm not Romney"?

I'm sure that Obama will embellish it a bit, say,

I'm not the flip floppin', lying son of a bitch, two faced, ignorant, ... Romney.

But that doesn't mean Romney can't win. The US electorate is renowned for embracing stupidity, ignorant, amoral assholes to be their president.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:08 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Right - that's the damnable crazy thing about our presidential politics today. The respective traits, talents, characters and even experience and record of the two candidates have very little to do with who will win. It all comes down to which line of advertising the 6% or so of swing, or "independent" voters buy into. The two camps - the democratic and the republican parties, are already sold.

I don't know if 6% is right, but I think your theory is. It is unfortunate that in this age of TV and internet the spin doctors have all the power, and the money it takes to buy them. Could be a bad sign for this democratic experiment. Who really has the power, the people or the people who influence the people?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:15 pm
@aspvenom,
Where did you hear those rumors? Media Matters?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 05:20 am
@aspvenom,
aspvenom wrote:
I've heard some rumors that GOP has lost so much hope that now they're looking at the 2016 campaign.

I've seen some polls on Polling Report that this would be way premature. About half of them still have Obama and Romney in a statistical tie. The others have Obama in the lead, but none by a margin that's impossible to catch up with.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 05:28 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
He has released all the tx records he is required to. Please don't tell me guys are going to become the new birthers demanding Romneys records. Remember defending Obama and his birth certificate? Surely you do.

Let's look at the differences.
Every Presidential candidate since the 70s has released 10 years or more of tax records. Romney will only release 1 year and has let the press view but not make copies of 1 more year. So... Romney is the one that hasn't met the standard of any previous Presidential candidate.

Obama is the ONLY Presidential candidate that released his birth certificate and on numerous occasions. Including having state officials verify that it was the correct one.

One can hardly compare a candidate that is substantially MORE forthcoming to one that is substantially LESS and claim that they are the same thing.

Kerry may have been rich, but he also released 20 years of his tax returns
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/18/mitt-romney-john-kerry-tax-returns_n_1435604.html
snood

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 10:06 am
What do you say, McG? See the difference?
revelette

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 10:11 am
@snood,
doubt it
snood

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 10:34 am
@revelette,
Yeh, I know. Keep hope alive! Smile
JTT

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 12:22 pm
@snood,
A fundamental inability to see and face the facts - that's certainly not limited to the Republican/conservative side now is it, Snood, Rev?

I too, keep hope alive, Snoodly.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 12:22 pm
@snood,
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/563972_10151910520645063_413737589_n.jpg
0 Replies