Brandon9000

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 10:11 am
@DrewDad,
Of course. Obviously, no one could vote for Romney on principle. One could vote for Obama on principle, but those voting for the Republican obviously must have base motives.
JTT

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 10:12 am
@roger,
Quote:
Remembering the schools that popped up after the Vietnam era, I would have been expecting things like "Mr. Jack's Two Year College of Basket Weaving".

Is that where you and Merry took your extensive training in English grammar, Rog?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 10:21 am
@Brandon9000,
Please, state your principles.

The clearest principle announced so far is "he's not Obama."
roger

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 10:28 am
@DrewDad,
You say that like it's something bad.
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 10:49 am
When republicans work to strip families clean of healthcare and college for their kids...Obama presses on...

We put up with 8 years of these dirty republicans, that was long enough...!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg594/scaled.php?server=594&filename=30465384.jpg&res=landing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 11:08 am
@roger,
Hey, if that's your opinion, that's your opinion and I won't try to argue you out of it.

But it certainly saves time and energy when folks are honest about their motivations. If someone says "I like Romney because x," and I know that x is not true, I might say something.

If they say "I'm voting Romney because he's not Obama" then we'll both be happier if I don't waste my breath.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 12:06 pm
Cons - He's an empty suit. There is no way to discern his true position on anything.

Pros - I can't think of any because he's an empty suit. He seems like a nice enough guy but I don't want an empty suit sitting in the oval office.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 12:39 pm
@JPB,
Cons - He's an empty suit. There is no way to discern his true position on anything.
Them's his good points too.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 12:58 pm
@roger,
Quote:
You say that like it's something bad.

Talk about being caught between a rock and another morally vacuous place, eh, Rog?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 09:37 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Pros - I can't think of any because he's an empty suit. He seems like a nice enough guy but I don't want an empty suit sitting in the oval office.

An empty suit? That's it? Preposterous I say.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 09:40 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

You always seemed to love Bush. Obama has gone along with a lot of those policies, so I don't really get the bit about "trying to create an America I don't want."

I also don't get the bit about "vote for someone who basically agrees with [me]." Romney has changed his position so many times, I don't think anyone can say for certain what it is that he agrees or disagrees with. From what I can tell, he just agrees with whomever he's speaking to at the moment.

You were and probably are a pretty firm Bush hater. Now, 3+ years on, Obama has kept many of Bush's policies and extended many more further then Bush. Does your support of Obama waiver due to his Bushlike administration? Or, do you just vote for Obama in November because you basically agree with him.

I don't see how you could with him keeping Gitmo open and all.
JTT

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 09:45 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:

Seemingly, it's not at all difficult for Americans to attach themselves to any old piece of scum for president. Y'all have been doing it for over a century.

Committed genocide against Native Americans - no big deal.

Slaughtered Filipinos instead of liberating them as promised - all in a day's work.

The list, McG, is pretty damn long.
0 Replies

space007

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 04:06 am
@mysteryman,
And Obama has that intension.?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 06:41 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
You were and probably are a pretty firm Bush hater. Now, 3+ years on, Obama has kept many of Bush's policies and extended many more further then Bush. Does your support of Obama waiver due to his Bushlike administration? Or, do you just vote for Obama in November because you basically agree with him.

I think Grover Norquist's speech about how they "just need someone who can hold a pen" pretty much sums up why I don't want a Republican in the White House.

And the biggest problem I had with Bush revolved around the Iraq invasion.

JPB

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 06:43 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

JPB wrote:

An empty suit? That's it? Preposterous I say.

Well, as an independent swing-voter, it's all I'd need to vote for Obama if I lived in a swing state. You don't need to convince Republicans that he's the best choice -- that's what the primary process was for. You won't convince Dems that he's the best choice -- you can only hope they'll stay home in the swing states. You need to convince independent voters in swing states that he's the right choice. I'm an R-leaning indie voter who has voted for more Republican candidates than Democrats and I won't vote for an empty suit.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 06:43 am
@DrewDad,
Yep re Grover Norquist

My second biggest problem with Bush was signing a non-funded part D Medicare bill.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 09:52 am
@DrewDad,
2 unfunded wars and an unfunded drug mandate on the back of social security. Yes, I hate, hated Bush.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 09:54 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Yep re Grover Norquist

My second biggest problem with Bush was signing a non-funded part D Medicare bill.

The biggest problem with Bush was him forgetting Bin Laden and saying that catching the guy 'didn't matter.'

Cycloptichorn
Foofie

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:19 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

JPB wrote:

Yep re Grover Norquist

The biggest problem with Bush was him forgetting Bin Laden and saying that catching the guy 'didn't matter.'

Cycloptichorn

Pray tell, why did it matter?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:49 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

JPB wrote:

Yep re Grover Norquist

Cycloptichorn

Pray tell, why did it matter?

You should ask Bush that question - he made it our highest priority when launching the war in Afghanistan and repeatedly claimed we would 'stop at nothing' to get the guy.

Sure changed his story quick when the whole Iraq thing got wound up, though, dinne?

Cycloptichorn