Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 03:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Hah!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 03:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Us peons would just as soon them society matrons kept to themselves, anywho...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 03:35 pm
Could be her MS.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:35 pm
All the Obama campaign has are attacks on their opponent, and if they can't find a valid reason for an attack, they'll manufacture them: As with the outsourcing attacks which even the Washington Post called bunk.

Simultaneously they are attacking him on tax returns. They have absolutely no evidence that these returns will reveal anything shady or illegal, but they will keep demanding them in the hopes that his refusal to take the bait will be seen as suspicious to voters.

If he relents and releases more than two years they will go over them with a fine tooth comb looking for anything that can be the source of innuendo, like Swiss bank accounts.

If there ever was audacious hope connected to Obama, it has long changed to the audacity of political attacks...Chicago Style.

Sleazy political attacks have long been a tried and true tactic of American elections, and righteous outrage reliably flows from whomever's ox is, at the moment, being gored.

Hypocrisy abounds in the reactions of both sides to these attacks, but what I find amazing is how so many people who profess to be political sophisticates are either actually quite stupid, or robotic in their dedication to the party line, and are unwavering in their justification of a particular line of attack.

If you're OK with a no holds barred election, fine, but don't insult our intelligence or reveal the lack of your own by arguing the current attacks are righteous.

If I were Romney, I would tell Obama that I will provide one year of tax returns for every year of college records he reveals.

It's only because the MSM is in the tank for Obama that his past is off limits while he tries to make political hay about his opponent's.

It's only July and the Obama Campaign has become synonymous with attacks. This won't change going forward and it is going to sink under the weight of the bullshit it is slinging, and his presidency has no accomplishments with which to lift it above such negativity.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's sound politics to keep up the pressure, though.

Romney's in a tough spot with the tax returns. He's stuck with having taken an unpopular position. If he sticks to his guns, then he looks like he has something to hide. If he caves, then he looks weak.

And people are left scratching their heads wondering, "if he's so smart, then how did he end up in this position?"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And you're resorting to calling this dirty politics, after Romney's entire campaign is based on, "hey, at least I'm not Obama?"
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

If I were Romney, I would tell Obama that I will provide one year of tax returns for every year of college records he reveals.

And then Obama will respond by saying, "This isn't a negotiation. It's not me you need to release the records to prove you're not a douchebag with your fortune - it's the American people. They have a right to know the lengths you've gone to in order to pay the lowest possible taxes, and to decide for themselves whether that's the type of behavior they want in a leader of the nation.

As for my college records, I do not believe the American voter finds them relevant to my job as president, and this is nothing more than a callous attempt by my opponent to distract from his own record of secrecy and hidden finances."

Boom, Romney would be fucked, your advice sucks as usual.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:48 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

And you're resorting to calling this dirty politics, after Romney's entire campaign is based on, "hey, at least I'm not Obama?"

They don't even see the irony.

Cycloptichorn
DrewDad

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
robotic in their dedication to the party line, and are unwavering in their justification of a particular line of attack.

Goodness. Is "robot" the watchword in the right-wing blogs this week?

I suppose it's only to be expected, since you're all desperately propping up the Romneybot.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
All's fair in war and politics... as long as you're not on the defensive.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:00 pm
@DrewDad,
Well for a moment there, it looked like you were prepared to climb down from your partisan charger.

In any case, it's "dirty" politics to say "At least I'm not Obama?"

Really?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Old Faithful --- Thanks for not disappointing.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Old Faithful --- Thanks for not disappointing.

Do you honestly see yourself as any different? Laughing

I was being honest, though - your recommendation would not help Romney. At this point, he has nothing but bad options left re: his tax returns.

Cycloptichorn
JPB

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:07 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
If he is elected, it might be prudent of him to then release his returns. Until then though, I see no reason to do more then required on this topic.

I think it's going to stay a large story until after the convention and then he'll end up releasing them. Before then there are too many folks with suspended campaigns who may be looking for ammo for a brokered convention. He's still the "presumptive nominee" and I'm guessing there's stuff in there that would fuel the fires for a brokered convention.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Yup.

If he doesn't release them, then he looks scared.

If he does release them, at this point, then he looks weak.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Lots of animus on the "you people" comment flying around FB.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:16 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Lots of animus on the "you people" comment flying around FB.

She does come off as somewhat entitled.

I think I've thought more positively about her simply in comparison to Callista Gingrich, haha

Cycloptichorn

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 06:20 pm
So it's come down to talking trash about his wife?

I think it's time for me to just back out of here now and go back to just participating in the sports threads again.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 06:26 pm
@McGentrix,
ummmm.

I seem to remember a lot of mudslinging at michelle obama from the conservative side of the wallow.

how is this any different...?

and she spoke in public, I think that should be fair game for comment.

but you take your ball and go home if you wish...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 06:43 pm
@Rockhead,
No doubt you're pissed at the DNC for putting an end to their ads that feature Ann Romney's hobby/therapy of dressage.

Criticisim by the Right of Michelle Obama has been completely limited to her actions as First Lady.

I'm sure there is a wealth of good stuff Republicans could mine from her pre-White House days, but they haven't.

Since The First Lady represents our nation, and is on our dime, her excesses are fair game, as are the causes she goes public with advocating.

Criticizing Ann Romney for anything she says on behalf of her husband during this campaign, is fair game too.

No matter what her hobbies and indulgences cost, they haven't cost the American tax-payer a red nickel...unlike those of our current First Lady.

If you find her expensive hobby/therapy of dressage to be objectionable, good for you. Sounds like class envy, but then you're someone who agrees that the successful don't deserve their success.

If an when your tax-dollars go to feeding her horses, then your complaints will have substance, until then it's at best envy and at worse cynical mud slinging.