Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 04:56 pm
@snood,
You're going to need a lot more voter fraud than luck, but I'm sure you and Cyclo are A-OK with that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 04:57 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Oh, that line he was talking about Nate and polls that sampled high for Democrats. I remember that Nate tweeted he was going to do a column on it, but not sure if he did or not (I've been busy with my paint fumes lol). But even Nate's letting some little doubts creep in over those state polls.

Who can say for sure? Maybe the pollsters have reason to believe that turnout will mirror 2008 and sample thusly (maybe basing it on the Dem superior ground game).

It's not a matter of the turnout mirroring 2008, it's a matter of self-identification changing amongst Conservatives. More Conservatives are now calling themselves Independents, and - as I said - that's hardly shocking, as that's exactly what the Tea Party has been telling us all along.

These aren't polls that 'sample high' for Democrats. They sample everyone and more people are telling them that they are D's than people who tell them that they are R's.

Quote:
I'm not one to dismiss the polls, though. At all. I might question their methodology lol.

Maybe EP guy is painting his house Smile

We'll soon find out.

Well sure, I question it too. When I see that some polls (such as Ras) never call cell-phone only households, which is, yeah, every single person I know under the age of 35, I can't help but think that they aren't capturing an accurate picture of the electorate. And then Ras runs THOSE results through a model that projects the electorate to be 2% more GOP than Dem...

We will find out soon enough.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 04:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No doubt you expected Cyclo to swoop in and counter your post, considering it smacked of an argument that his side would lose.

He's like a anti-buzzard looking to pounce on signs of vitality and truth.

How ironic your statement is, considering that the guy's model and the polls he refers to have both swung to favor Obama more strongly in the last several days since he wrote what Irish quoted Laughing Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 04:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I like pushing his hyperpartisan buttons, I confess Smile

Only a few more days to do so LOL!

Have you voted yet?

Being a registered Independent, I plan to vote several times LOL.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:01 pm
@Irishk,
Hyper-partisan? You wound me!

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:04 pm
@Irishk,
Not yet.

I'm waiting for Election Day to gauge the length of the line at my polling place.

In 2008 it went for a mile.

If, as I suspect, I can vote within less than 30 minutes, I will be quite relieved.

I'm ridiculously superstitious (more likely OCD) and so so I'm not about to make any predictions, but I'm biting my lip right now.

Irishk

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
A mere flesh-wound Smile The paint fumes interfere with my aim Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Vote early, vote often!

(I wonder if it's too late to get our Spaniel Jack registered lol)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:07 pm
I can't help but notice that both PPP's and Rasmussen's latest OH polls show 35% of respondents having voted early, with both polls showing large advantages for Obama in early votes - 65-35 advantages.

Dunno how that turns out to an advantage for Romney...

Cycloptichorn

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You've proven over and over again that when it comes to revealing truth your A2K personna cannot be wounded, anymore than a lily can be "wounded" by a bulldozer clearing a field.

What happens when the you behind Cyclo goes to bed is another question, but my bet is that the same warm cocoon of ignorance is enjoyed.

Irishk

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Did the PPP poll come out just today? I'll have to go take a look!
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I can only be wounded by someone who I care about. Irish is a hundred times the poster you'll ever be, and someone who I hold in the highest of respect, though our political opinions often disagree.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:12 pm
@Irishk,
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_OH_1028.pdf

It's the poll the Elec-projection guy is bitching about on the top of his blog! I got the Ras data from their latest poll that shows Romney +2.

Here's Nate's tweet on OH just now:

Quote:
7 polls released in Ohio in past 48 hours: Obama +2, Obama +3, Obama +3, Obama +3, Obama +5, Obama +5, Obama +5. #notthatcomplicated

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:14 pm
@Irishk,
I'm so damned superstitous I can't say I look forward to our rejoicing.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Back and forth, back and forth...

It comes down to this: Eat me.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:47 pm
I'm starting to feel like this little girl LOL!

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 06:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Now Cyclo will challenge you to show another poll with this contention.

Knowing their favorite sources of information I can see how folks like Cyclo got suckered into supporting Obama without ever questioning his 'creds'. They never even asked for a freaking resume in 2008 and they are mostly ignoring his epic 1st term failure.

With few exceptions the red flags put up by investigative reporters and journalists ever since Obama burst onto the scene in a very big way were hidden from these masses. All they really knew about Obama consisted of administration talking points fed to them by MSNBC and the like. Visualize a herd of sheep being worked over by several well trained working dogs 24/7 and you'll see just how extensive the brainwashing went.

I accept and understand that they were riding high on the hype of Obama'08 and that they just forgot their personal responsibility to always be questioning authority in a responsible manor and always be verifying information for your damn self. I believe they forgot just how right it is to be a self reliant citizen in these United States.

The end of 2012 draws near and I'm sure most of today's remaining Obama supporters have been exposed to at least some negative Obama stories presented by their favorite sources of information... I see little reason for the more intelligent members not to have applied common sense and researched outside their normal channels. Nope, unless they feel trapped and threatened by the Obama administration there's no excuse for today's group of Obama supporters not to be better informed about their guy.

Sadly, their major sources for information continue to tow the party line as evidenced by the almost total lack of knowledge concerning the real events in Benghazi or how the Obama administration is working hard to conceal the facts from everyone. Great numbers of Obama supporters are confused by any information that doesn't match up with administration talking points and there's not much that can be done with them except hope they just forget to vote.

The polls are trending Romney and the ground swell surge that began as soon as he opened his mouth in the 1st debate is just now catching up with his super steady rise to the top. Romney will make for a most excellent president.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 06:11 pm
@Irishk,
Don't let the bastards beat you down, Abby, they are just trying to keep your folks from showing up at the polls.

Joe(we will not be moved)Nation
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 06:13 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

ElectionProjection

So thats what 'Plugs' was talking about when he said 'I'm Going to Give You the Whole Load Today'.

Should folks in the front row have prepared the way one should for a live Gallagher show?

http://transitionvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Gallagher-smashing-melon-550x378.jpg

Obama/Biden ~ don't get any on you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 06:20 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe will never be moved from the concrete base his Democrat handlers have encased him in.
0 Replies