If Frank APisa didnt exist would we have to create him?

farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 06:05 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I am eating peach ice cream. EVerything in the cosmos stops at the Kelvin point whe eating fresh peach ice cream.

0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 06:26 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
If Frank APisa didnt exist would we have to create him?

Yes. Though, make him a fluffy kitten!
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:44 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I need some meat.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:49 pm
@farmerman,
Your fig newtons?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 10:39 pm
You know, of course, that Frank disappeared for a long while, and then either he brought himself back suddenly or he was recreated by some of us.
All very mysterious. Rolling Eyes
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 02:35 am
@JLNobody,
Quote:
You know, of course, that Frank disappeared for a long while, and then either he brought himself back suddenly or he was recreated by some of us.
All very mysterious.

Three days is so passé.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 02:37 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
...that's a bit like asking explain explain without explain having any particular meaning...you should know that you cannot ask of a word meaning using exactly the same word you looking for meaning as form of inquiry...it doesn't make sense Frank...same can be said of poor expressions like the evolution of evolution the creation creating itself and other similar nonsense...for instance what actually is meant with the sentence "the evolution of evolution" is that the process of evolution changes its particulars but not that evolution essentially evolved to something else other then evolution...
...hope that can help...

I guess that is why the saying is: Hope springs eternal!
Sturgis

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 02:48 am
@JLNobody,
Quote:
All very mysterious.
But did any of this happen or am I creating it all myself as a form of protest to the fading career of Arnold Palmer?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 06:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
...yes is true, I am a very hopeful person...and I better keep it that way all along if I want to prevent a depression...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 06:16 am
@Sturgis,
I don't know...just imagine Fresco is here also and he might well pop in... Laughing
0 Replies

Ding an Sich

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 06:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

hmmmm?

You would have to demonstrate that it is somehow necessary for Frank to exist. But it would seem rather strange, then, to create a being who is supposed to necessarily exist, unless you're a determinist or something of the sort.
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 08:15 pm
@Ding an Sich,
Whenever I realize that I do not have quite the right amount of irritation in my life, I turn to Able2Know....and Frank's Gods/god/not/not threads.

Joe(I am restored)Nation
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 09:12 pm
@Ding an Sich,
Quote:
unless you're a determinist or something of the sort.

I merely planted the seed herein,BUT thinking about it some more, SOme of my best friends are determinists. However Id known them and was influenced by them before they were my friends. Does that make me so?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 09:15 pm
@Joe Nation,
Does Frank go on like this when hes loaded? (I just assume you and he have drunk to excess in each others company)
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 07:53 am
@farmerman,
Actually, he never mentions the whole Nobody Knows/Belief doesn't mean believe, it means doesn't have an opinion/ thing. We go to the Pan, or recently down to the Seaport, have a brew, look at the boats and laugh at the world.
The last time we had our ladies with us, but that's never restrained His Frankness.
I know he has a purpose to all this, unlike some other ranters here, but damnedifknow what it is.

Joe(I think that is spelled damdifeyeno.)Nation
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 08:51 pm
@Joe Nation,
...If you don't know what the Frank is on about how come you know he has a purpose in all this ? is that a friend's guess, a hunch ? just curious...
...the problem so far I found in Franks attitude is being defensive and stubborn even when in the face of good arguments, very common around here...I don't doubt that most ranters can be charming and warming people in real life far more genuinely respectful face to face then when they meet a bunch of words online for interface...no wonder gestural and visual communication are so important to form a solid opinion...online debates are very much blind debates...not implying that what is said is not meaningful or informative on whom we are speaking with and their beliefs or cultural background, obviously it is...but simultaneously much of that is dramatically charged out of misunderstandings arising from emotional distress a great deal due to lack of better means for judging what is being meant rather then what is being formally put forward...then it gets on a skitzo spiral...Frank is no exception...
Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 08:58 pm
@Joe Nation,
Was that a "not/not" joke?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 02:51 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I am very much the same person in real life as I am in my cyber life. I am not being rude here...nor am I being stubborn. I may be a bit defensive, but that is because I suggest my arguments are better and more logical than the arguments I am hearing from the atheists here.

Not sure what you point is in this post, but I will debate you on any point on which you think I am incorrect. If you have a particular rather than " skitzo spiral" kind of nonsense, bring it up and we can discuss it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 09:56 pm
Did you say crate him?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:09 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Did you say crate him?

Slow day, huh, Neo??? Wink