John Stewart and "V@#!na manger"?

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 12:58 pm
I was on you tube randomly going through John Stewart shows, and I came across this:

Quote:
The Catholic League asked Jon Stewart to apologize for his “vagina manger” segment about the “War on Women.” If not, they promised, they’d mobilize religious groups to boycott. Well, Stewart didn’t apologize last night — and the Catholic League is holding up their end of the bargain.

Is this John Stewart's plan to get more views, a controversial swag so to speak?

Or did John Stewart's kick the hornet's nest?

Was going to the lengths of showing such image worth it, and why is Church so pissed off?

I mean he is a comedian, and it's just a weird joke, and it was more like a troll comment, to see if the church will take the bait....
So I think he should apologize for that bad hairdo on that April 16th segment.

Discuss....

L1n1o

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 01:12 pm
@Val Killmore,
Culturally, it is just awful manners....

I don't see him ripping on Muslims as derogatorily, maybe he's afraid of suicide bombers visiting his home.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 01:19 pm
um
1) Vagina is a perfectly acceptable word. Feel free to print it out.
2) Catholic boycott of the Daily Show? Where? When? Wha?
3) Daily Show fans could care less if any of the institutions skewered by the Daily Show (The News Networks, both Political Parties, pompous prigs of all persuasions) don't like what the show does.

It's the smartest show on television followed by the smartest man's show , Stephen Colbert.

Joe(on we go)Nation
Val Killmore

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 01:41 pm
@Joe Nation,
That is true. You would imagine that the Catholic church have more important matters at hand (with corruption in the Vatican that the Pope's butler revealed, etc...) than investing time and money to go about boycotting, and persuading sponsors, such as Delta to stop supporting John Stewart.

parados

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 01:58 pm
@Val Killmore,
The Catholic Church's use of boycott or condemnation has often done the opposite.
"The Last Temptation of Christ" was protested and it got all that free publicity on the news and suddenly everyone had to see it. Stewart would be just fine with a boycott. It will cause people to want to see why it was so upsetting.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 02:05 pm

Quote:
Quote:
The Catholic League asked Jon Stewart to apologize for his “vagina manger” segment about the “War on Women.” If not, they promised, they’d mobilize religious groups to boycott. Well, Stewart didn’t apologize last night — and the Catholic League is holding up their end of the bargain.

Um. Where'd this quote come from?
The show was in mid-April.
It's mid-June (almost)
Where's the protest again?

Delta?
Joe(really?, cause we can smack them hard)Nation
Val Killmore

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 02:09 pm
@Joe Nation,
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-catholic-leagues-campaign-against-jon-stewart-has-officially-begun/

0 Replies