Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 10:57 pm
@Setanta,
And an entry from the peanut gallery.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:08 pm
@snood,
Think about it snood.

Should Trump say something that embarrasses Romney, how difficult will it be for him is throw him under the bus, and if he does what bloc of voters might he be risking losing?

On the other hand, Obama do the same with Clinton.

This is all beside the point.

Do you and your friends really think that Clinton has simply been misspeaking?

Do you think he's 100% behind Obama and this talk about Romney having sterling business credentials and being surely qualified for the presidency, the nexd to extend all of the Bush tax cuts, and an assessment that the economy is in recession are merely gaffes by an old guy who just doesn't have it anymore?

Really?

And if so, how about the Mayor of Newark, the Governor of Mass., and the former Governor of Pa.? (The former ahuge Hilary supporter).

How about Steve Rattner and Larry Summers?

Do you think this is all coincidence?

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:16 pm
I think it very easy to read too much into the details of Clinton's remarks. He was President for eight years, has a healthy ego, and is accustomed to speaking authoritatively. Not surprising at all that he might deviate from President Obama's current campaign themes and moderate some of the campaign staff's propaganda about the opposition. I doubt that Clinton (Or anyone else in his shoes) feels any need to follow that line, but that doesn't mean he oposes Obama. The various specualtions might be true, but the details so far reported don't constitute anythting close to a proof of it. I think that many of the media reporters are merely scratching their own backs with this stuff.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:34 pm
@georgeob1,
Certainly possible, but his personal animus for Obama has been fairly clearly documented. I think it's just as possible, and maybe even more so, that there is a method to his senility.

It's difficult to go far afield ascribing Byzantine political motives to career politicians.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Clinton is hardly senile, and the "documentation" to which you refer consists only of the reported insights of media folks selling their wares and making news to get in print. I'm no Clinton fan, but none of us knows his inner motivations and none of the motives ascribed to him have been proven. I believe my explanation above is more plausible. I'm quite willing to accept that Clinton sees Obama as one who thwarted his wife's political ambitions, but he very likely knows and understands the struggles of politics better than either of us.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:58 pm
@georgeob1,
Of course he's not senile. Apparently you don't appreciate the use of italics, and prefer the use of quotation marks.

The reports of his personal dislike for Obama are not limited to media folks. They include current and former advisors. True, these folks may be even less reliable than their media counterparts, but who else might you expect to provide insight on the matter. His current mistress? The kid who sells him his Egg McMuffin every morning?

In any case it is hardly a criticism of Clinton that he is indulging in a few jabs at someone he dislikes.

Alone, they will not cause Obama to lose an election he might have otherwise won and as far as jabs go they are highly civilized.

While he is no Jimmy Carter who has directly criticized the policies and the character of following presidents, he is no Bush (the Elder or the Younger) who has steadfastly refused to comment in any way on those who come after them.

Unlike the Bushes, Clinton was not content with leaving the limelight. In the main he has conducted his public self with decorum, but to conclude that he is above politics now is at best naive.

georgeob1

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:22 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm not saying this stuff is certainly wrong: only that there is ample reason to be skeptical. The "proofs" are at best merely someone's reported intuition and at worst self-serving self promotion by reporters and commentators.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 02:30 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, it's an accusation from DD that you can't address.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 01:00 pm
@Setanta,
Which accusation would that be?

Quote:
You're just a joke at this point, Finn.

Why should I address it?

But thanks for your contributions to the thread.
Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 01:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
This is the entire post by DD:

DrewDad wrote:
After all the acrimony around the Republican primaries, I can see where you'd want to find some kind of crack to drive a wedge in among Democrats.

But it's pretty silly.

My guess is you'll point fingers saying, "SEE SEE! Not all Democrats love Obama!" while simultaneously trying to portray him as "Saint Obama that all Democrats revere."

You're just a joke at this point, Finn.

It's par for the course that you don't give a complete quote, nor address the substance of the criticism, which is that you're just involved in polemical trolling, with no real point to your thread. Opened with an odd opinion piece, itself just a polemical sneer, having no substance, your thread has limped along with sneers at other members--your typical snide style.

A reason to answer it would be to attempt to salvage some credibility. But you're not really interested in that, are you? After all, DD got it right. This was never more than a typical Finn stink bomb. This has no more substance than any of your other hateful forays at this site.

So, you're right, why should you bother? You are just a joke. I guess if you can live with that, i certainly can.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 05:18 pm
@Setanta,
God but your animosity for me has you befuddled Pooch.

So, is his accusation that I want to drive a wedge between Democrats?

And I'm trying to do it in a forum of roughly 50 or so Democrats who regularly visit political threads?

Yes indeed, DD may have jut revealed my sinister purpose: I'm trying to drive a wedge between Bipo the Hillary supporter and snood, the Obama supporter.

Do you consider his ridiculous "guess" to be an accusation? Sorry boss, but I'm not going to respond to someone's assumption about what I will eventually post to a thread.

This is quite typical of you. You've launched a salvo lacking gunpowder but you just can't back off when called on it.

Your taunt that the thread hasn't attracted huge participation is so cutting Pooch. I think I may have to retire from A2K now.

And you critiquing me for sneers is the ultimate hypocrisy. If your threads amass numerous pages it is only because you reliably engage in the endless berating of anyone who has the temerity to suggest you might be wrong. God forbid they come back at you because you will always have the last word.

It's sad really because while I don't care what the numerous anonymous posters in this forum think about anonymous Finn, you really care what they think about Setanta. You desperately want to be seen as an A2K Wise Man, but your skin is so thin and your ego so fragile that you have to go nuclear on anyone that assaults you with a peashooter.

There's an ebb and flow to your attacks on me Pooch which I suspect is a result of ehbeth's concern over your blood pressure, but, in the end, I can always count on your bile to rise and flood your brain.

Life can't be much fun always being so angry and insulting.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 05:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Life can't be much fun always being so angry and insulting"

hmmmmm.

this is funny because the two of you have some striking similarities...

(go ahead, you can berate me now)
DrewDad

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 05:34 pm
@Rockhead,
Finn strikes me as perpetually angry. Setanta has his moments (don't we all?) but he doesn't strike me as going through life pissed off all the time.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:08 pm
@DrewDad,
Perhaps that's because you're afraid of him and have never dared to challenge the Pooch.

Consult with snood, izzy, frankapisa, Robertet al.

Setanta is certainly an equal opportunity nasty, he jumps on anyone, irrespective of general position.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Your comment isn't worth berating, but it did, inadvertently, point out a major difference between me and Pooch. He would not have been able to resist the bait.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I've gone a few rounds with Setanta. My point isn't that he can't be mean; my point is that he doesn't strike me as being perpetually pissed off.

You do, however.

You never seem to take any joy in life, except to crow over the failures of others.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:44 pm
@DrewDad,
Like I said before, think what you will.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 03:06 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Finn strikes me as perpetually angry. Setanta has his moments (don't we all?)
but he doesn't strike me as going through life pissed off all the time.
I was rather surprized
to see that within the last year, give or take,
he has not been as caustic, less proudly sadistic in his abuses
than what he has accustomed us to expect from him. He 's mellower.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 03:40 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sucker . . .
revelette

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 08:02 am
I think on the whole DD is right about the general attitude and possible motive of Finn's thread of basically wanting to divide and conquer.

However, I have sort of sensed that Bill Clinton hasn't exactly liked Obama since the campaign. Maybe I got that impression from the news, but nevertheless, the impression has stuck and I haven't liked Bill Clinton since; when before I was always a big supporter.