Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:24 am
We have terrorist threats constantly, some we hear of, some we don't. Illegal immigration, drug cartels committing murder on the borders and poisoning our youth, and a plethora of other emergencies threatening our great land. I am pleased that people are willing to take the risks involved with 48 oz. soft drinks and sugary cereals and give up physical education programs and remain in the bottom % of academic performance world wide because after all in America we don't want government intrusions into our privacy (unless it's to do with birth control or gender issues) , so imagine how my heart filled with pride when yesterday at Home Depot I was REQUIRED to show my driver's license and have info entered into a computer to buy BLACK SPRAY PAINT!!!!! I work with high school and college age kids all the time, and in the nightclub business I also have worked in close proximity to every sort of degenerate and that's the first I've heard that people huffing spray paint to get high is an epidemic in the USA and I have to now be on some sort of ******* list to touch up my gear periodically. WTF is this about? I'm seriously thinking of going to every Home Depot in the area and buying 10 cans of spray paint just to see if the DEA and the ATF show up at my door. Obviously the war on terror is over. And before I hear from right wing nuts about how Obama is responsible for this , save it. This is Patriot act bullshit.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:30 am
At least they did not grope you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:31 am
Or maybe that's the secret source of your complaint.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:32 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
So what do you need that black spray paint for?
You must admit that's rather an unusual purchase!
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:37 am
@msolga,
Black spray paint an unusual purchase? On what planet? I build gear cases and touch up my gear periodically as well, as it says in my original post.
msolga

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:42 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
as it says in my original post

Embarrassed
Sorry.
But that was a very, very stressful read!
I was rushing to get through it & missed that crucial bit. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 05:43 am
I bought three cans of spray paint this week and nobody paid any heed. Some states carry it too far, but not Texas.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:20 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I don't think "illegal immigration" or "drug cartels" count as terrorist threats any more than black spray point does.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:37 am
@maxdancona,
but you're not the government are you?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:53 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
No, but the government apparently agrees...

The voters decided that landscaping, taking drugs and spray painting can be considered terrorism. So you need to show ID to cut grass, buy cold medicine or buy spray paint.

Yep, the voters are to blame.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:56 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I know that spray paint had an age limit for many years/decades to purchase due to gangs taggings not huffing.

Somehow I do not see kids painting their faces black or any other color in order to get a high as there are far more things to huffed that does not have that draw back.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:59 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
I was REQUIRED to show my driver's license and have info entered into a computer to buy BLACK SPRAY PAINT!!!!!

That's probably because you showed up looking like an asshole with the "blueveinedthrobber(TM)" somehow or other more in evidence than it should have been. I buy black spray paint all the time and nobody ever questions my motives.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfcWkAgpwXIvjnKsM6PXhVGPqvcaCQESHpoa_4EMBaXAVUNppi
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 07:04 am
@gungasnake,
It an age thing as if he look well over the age where he can buy spray paint then he should not had been ask for ID at least in Florida just as in buying tobacco or alcohol but sometimes a clerk will go overboard in doing such checkings.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 07:09 am
I live near the county line. If I buy paint in one county I have to show ID, in the other, I don't. I think it has more to do with local ordinances that the patriot act.
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 07:17 am
@boomerang,
It the state or the local level and in Florida it is at the state level but people well over the age cut off does not normally need to show ID to buy spray paint at least in Florida.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 07:32 am
@boomerang,
Yeah, it's a local ordinance here. If I buy in the city, the spray paint is located in a locked area and I have to show ID when they ring it up at the register. Two miles away, I can just get it off the shelf and don't have to show any ID.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 08:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
This is not federal--the control of spray paint is local and not only varies from state to state, but from city to city. Ususally the statutes are em[laced for huffing and/or graffiti. Interestingly, it can also be ebcouraged by corporate 'Merica. Hardware stores located near railroad freight yards usually have a higher spray paint restrictions.

I Know of a talanted teenager who paints contract graffiti style murals. Part of his restrictions though is that he can never leave the site with cans of spray paint.

Rap
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 08:53 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
I was REQUIRED to show my driver's license and have info entered into a computer to buy BLACK SPRAY PAINT!!!!!

That's probably because you showed up looking like an asshole with the "blueveinedthrobber(TM)" somehow or other more in evidence than it should have been. I buy black spray paint all the time and nobody ever questions my motives.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfcWkAgpwXIvjnKsM6PXhVGPqvcaCQESHpoa_4EMBaXA

VUNppi

Your mother's a whore, an ass clap whore. Your wife drinks dog cum and your daughters say you eat the best pussy. You're a nasty ****. There ya go, a couple more non sequiturs. **** yourself candy ass. Except you don't have enough dick to make trip around your taint to get there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 08:56 am
btw, when I scanned the paint at the self checkout it froze and the message to wait for an attendant to arrive came up, along with a picture of an NC driver's license. Ridiculous.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 09:16 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Well, you live in a special place called North Carolina where they voted for a guy simply because he was on the top of the list. What do you expect?