Could working different shifts be causing a border line sexless marriage?

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 09:26 am
@FOUND SOUL,
What's the deal here, FS?

Red's looking for some input as to what could be wrong in his marriage/relationship. Looks from his two threads that he's doing at least his fair share of working at a job/working at home/trying to encourage his wife to take it easy with her chores/arranging vacations etc ...

He's not trying to compete with her mother - she is.

He is looking for a happy medium. He came for suggestions, not ragging.

~~~

I've only got one suggestion really after reading the two threads. Sitting his wife down and telling her honestly that the relationship has to change and that he needs her help with that.

We've only seen one side of the story, but it looks like change from both sides could help - and only one side is willing to make any movement at all ... and that is Red. Let's give him credit for that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 09:29 am
@Red2012,
Red2012 wrote:
and even dealing with temptation of a fwb

you don't have time for a FWB. Seriously. Forget about the emotional and financial costs - you need time to make a FWB situation work (and they don't often work in the mid-to-long term).
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 03:37 pm
@Red2012,
I know Red. And, in one way it makes sense, off course. But, to her it also makes sense to lead a 'normal life' 9-5 so that she can have a life. If you were to leave her? And she ditched her long term job, then what... You on the other hand can get a $14hr job if need be and survive.

I understand you are providing a home, insurance and that would be jepodized but.. This is where money is the root of all evil. Surely you do have some time per week together if you wanted to ?

My partner works 2 or 3 double shifts and then 2 or three off for instance and we work well. Didn't you say you worked 2 jobs? Why is money important ? Isn't it the marraige that you want to save, is she expecting the money or is she wanting a husband............
0 Replies