We no longer can believe published photos

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:06 pm
Actually, I posted a different picture, one that is not fake, on the "Funny Pictures" thread, showing Kerry at an anti-war rally with Fonda, where he is some distance away.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4227&start=870
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 06:10 pm
And now we can have reservations about believing that pictures wasn't also digitally altered.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 06:12 pm
Heywood, it's also been pushed into the background that Ahnold is investigating those accusing him of improper advances.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:49 pm
I the dubious world of Karate Charlatans, the latest "trend" has been to photoshop oneself into a picture along with a famous (and safely deceased) instructor. One then provides a signiature, usually in really bad Kanji. There is an entire thread on one of the budo forums I frequent about this.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:31 am
Well, just by coincidence gang, Fonda was the neighbor of one of my best friends in Venice, California in the 70's when she was married to Tom Hayden. We attended a birthday party for one of her daughters. She wasn't nearly as deadly as portrayed, in fact a very gracious and amiable personality.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:50 am
Everyone thought Ted Bundy was a nice guy...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:01 am
Oh, so now Jane is a serial killer?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:45 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Oh, so now Jane is a serial killer?

That's kind of a big leap, don't you think?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:54 pm
Not when you use a serial killer as an example.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:49 pm
Years ago a wise man told me:

"Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see".

Probably pretty good advice.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:20 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Not when you use a serial killer as an example.

You said that "She wasn't nearly as deadly as portrayed, in fact a very gracious and amiable personality." Implying that people should trust her because she was so nice. I am saying that people also thought Ted Bundy was a nice guy and likewise, thought people should trust him based on how nice he was. We all know what Ted did...

Don't judge a book by it's cover.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:18 am
McGentrix
McGentrix, you really stepped over the line of civil discourse with your Bundy-Fonda comment. It seems you will go to any extreme to belittle those with whom you disagree. It also shows you have little or no intellectual imagination because we always know what your response to a post will be. Someone whose thinking is in such a rut is so predictable and soooo boring.

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:23 am
Re: McGentrix
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
McGentrix, you really stepped over the line of civil discourse with your Bundy-Fonda comment. It seems you will go to any extreme to belittle those with whom you disagree. It also shows you have little or no intellectural imagination because we always know what your response to a post will be. Someone who is so predictable is soooo boring.

BBB

Exclamation Shocked

I will give this post the consideration it deserves.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:29 am
But it's okay to compare Bush to Hitler, remember the double standard rule.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:29 am
I have noticed that liberals like to call conservative thinking "boring", because of predictable responses.

Let's put this in perspective. To a liberal, 2+2=5, because the correct answer is just too predictable and boring.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:51 am
Shampaign moments add spice to presidential campaign
This ought to be fun and add a little upsy daisy to the the US presidential campaign---BBB

Shampaign moments
Wednesday February 18, 2004 - The Guardian UK

Photo: appears to show Kerry and Fonda sharing a stage at peace rally

Remember when John Kerry shook hands with Stalin, or when George Bush walked on the moon? Neither do they. Democratic presidential hopeful Kerry has already seen a glimpse of a parallel life with the faked photograph that appeared on the internet and in British newspapers, showing him sharing a podium with Jane Fonda, who was a mere two years away. Now you can also hit the "shampaign trail" by sending in your own mock-ups of the likely presidential candidates.

Help liven up the build-up to the US elections by entering our photograph-doctoring competition. A selection of our favourites will be published on the site.

Email your picture entries (jpg format only, please), including a brief explanation of the scenario (no more than 50 words) and your full name to [email protected] before noon on Friday February 20.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:01 am
Ask all those men Jane lured into her trap and garroted.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:50 am
You have obviously missed my point.

I am not saying or even implying that Fonda killed anyone. I am not comparing Fonda to Bundy in anyway other than to say that both were thought well of, yet under the surface things may not be as they appear.

Do you understand what I am saying? I used Bundy for effect. I exagerrated my point to show that there may be more to people than what they appear to be. I used Bundy for shock value.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:56 am
McGentrix
McGentrix, we weren't shocked, we were disgusted.

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 12:01 pm
Oh, please.
0 Replies