South Africa stops West Bank goods being labeled "made in Israel"

Foofie

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 12:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's that anything like half pregnant? Either they did or didn't. Did they participate in the slave trade?

How does that translate into "anti-Semite?" Your labels have no value aside from making youself look foolish and stupid!

It translates into possible anti-Semitism, since Jews in Europe were relegated to exist on the periphery of the European economy. They couldn't own land to farm. They couldn't join the guilds (unions). They couldn't go to university. They were allowed to be in those economic activities that "good Christians" would not do. So, they lent money, since good Christians were not supposed to be money handlers. They were in the used rag trade. They could also have had a smallish involvement in any slave trade. That happens to those that are disenfranchised from mainstream society. So, Christian Europe, in its feudal days (and later) made sure that Jews could only function on the periphery of society. However, by leaving that out, one can misconstrue that Jews BY NATURE will gravitate to the less than moral occupations. You see CI, in my opinion, Europeans seem to have a collective amnesia to the fact that Christian Europe made the Jew a demonic character in more than one author's writing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 01:12 pm
@Foofie,
You wrote,
Quote:
They couldn't own land to farm.

So now, they steal lands from the Palestinians. That should balance things out, don't you think?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 01:47 pm
@Foofie,
So you're saying that if there was no "Anglo-Saxon" elite in America the Japanese wouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbour and Hitler wouldn't have declared war?

And you wouldn't have made all that money out of land lease either.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 02:00 pm
@Foofie,
BTW, christians are now demonizing women and gays - and the 99%.

What's wrong with this picture? Can you guess? 2 Cents Evil or Very Mad Shocked Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

So you're saying that if there was no "Anglo-Saxon" elite in America the Japanese wouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbour and Hitler wouldn't have declared war?

And you wouldn't have made all that money out of land lease either.

You seem to be alluding to something, but I know not what?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 04:15 am
@Foofie,
I'm referencing Historical events, cause and effect, of why America entered the war. This is opposed to your preposterous claims that an "Anglo-Saxon elite" in America wanted to save the UK, which does not take into account what actually happened.

This is not the first time you've had a problem with facts.

Quote:

Btw, this is a statement not a question.
Foofie

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 08:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm referencing Historical events, cause and effect, of why America entered the war. This is opposed to your preposterous claims that an "Anglo-Saxon elite" in America wanted to save the UK, which does not take into account what actually happened.

This is not the first time you've had a problem with facts.

Quote:

Btw, this is a statement not a question.

I guess you know the inner workings of American society, better than I. However, I will not give up my beliefs about the WASP position in US society. I am not the only one that subscribes to these thoughts. There are some ethnics that would like to believe that it is a thing of the past; however, I believe they are just in denial. You do know that to play any game, one has to know the "score" ("score" being a methaphor).
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 09:38 am
Foofie has re-written history from his own perspective of the never ending perpetual Jewish victim.

Jews weren't allowed to own land, go to the university or have a decent profession in Europe? When was that Foofie?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 10:00 am
@Foofie,
What I find most fascinating is that we, Japanese-Americans, really suffered discrimination in the US, and was even transported into concentration camps during WWII. As a third generation American, I have lost all of my Constitutionally guaranteed rights as a citizen. Not only that, but many whites told me to "go back to your own country" during that period right after the war.

However, I count my blessings regularly that my grandfather immigrated from Japan to the US in 1896. This country has been the only place on this planet that offered opportunities not seen anywhere else. My younger brother even became a state legislator for two terms, and was the mayor of his town.

We have English, Germany, Dutch, Russian, Italian, Chinese, and Polynesian relatives today. That's progress!

Foofie complains about false Jewish history.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 10:17 am
@Foofie,
You remind me of this mad woman in one of RL's videos, who spent half an hour ranting into a microphone about how America was still part of the British Empire.

You sound more confused with every post, first you demand some form of obeisance because of your country's participation in WW2, and now you claim it was because we were all still secretly running America in the first place.

You need to cool your fevered brow.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You remind me of this mad woman in one of RL's videos,
who spent half an hour ranting into a microphone about how America was still part of the British Empire.
Did she express a rationale, Izzy ?

David
JTT

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 11:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
This country has been the only place on this planet that offered opportunities not seen anywhere else. My younger brother even became a state legislator for two terms, and was the mayor of his town.

Tripe, CI, nothing but pure tripe.

But you can hardly be blamed. Propaganda/brain washing is a mighty tough thing to overcome.

But, of course, nobody can argue with the accuracy of your statement.

Nobody's younger brother has ever experienced that kind of success in South Africa, Venezuela, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Bolivia, every other country where Europeans, Japanese, Chinese, ... have settled.

Stop trying to make out that the US is this greatest of all places. It's pure conceit and as you well know, conceit ain't supported by the facts.

Quote:
and was even transported into concentration camps during WWII.

Those were relocation camps. The US government was just trying to give you guys a boost, you know, trying to help you settle new rich lands. The US has a storied history of helping people like that. Haven't you heard about how the US helped Native Americans?

Quote:
As a third generation American, I have lost all of my Constitutionally guaranteed rights as a citizen.

"have lost", I don't think so, CI.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:19 pm
@JTT,
You and Obanga are history revisionists of the first order. I think the ass holes are taking over this foram. And you dont understand english either.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 03:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It was something to do with some form or other that hadn't been signed way back when Washington was alive.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 04:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Maybe she did not know about
the Treaty of Paris of 1783.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 05:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You'll have to ask RL.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 06:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Foofie has re-written history from his own perspective of the never ending perpetual Jewish victim.

Jews weren't allowed to own land, go to the university or have a decent profession in Europe? When was that Foofie?

It was in Czarist Russia. My point was in reply to a poster pointing out that Jews were involved in some slave trade. However no mention was made that Jews were relegated to the economic periphery of society. One could easily then conclude that Jews gravitate to immoral activities, since that was the two-thousand year canard in Christian Europe. Plus, I have heard more than one person of German descent conclude that if it wasn't for the Holocaust everyone in Europe would like Germany today. Somehow I do not think all Poles like Germany.

So, there might be an incentive for those that like Germany to want to believe Jews are an immoral group, and consider any historical involvement with any slave trade a rationale for making the atrocities of the Holocaust almost the Jews' "just desserts." Or, at least giving credence to the Holocaust as cleaning up Europe. Get it zeiser madel?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 06:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What I find most fascinating is that we, Japanese-Americans, really suffered discrimination in the US, and was even transported into concentration camps during WWII. As a third generation American, I have lost all of my Constitutionally guaranteed rights as a citizen. Not only that, but many whites told me to "go back to your own country" during that period right after the war.

However, I count my blessings regularly that my grandfather immigrated from Japan to the US in 1896. This country has been the only place on this planet that offered opportunities not seen anywhere else. My younger brother even became a state legislator for two terms, and was the mayor of his town.

We have English, Germany, Dutch, Russian, Italian, Chinese, and Polynesian relatives today. That's progress!

Foofie complains about false Jewish history.

How do you know Jewish history in Europe?

But, I do not understand your explaining what a lovely family you have, and their upward mobility? I know America is a good country. I just qualify it, in that it was good to your family and my family, because, in my opinion, it was a Protestant country. If one does not become Catholic in a Catholic country, one usually is a perennial "outsider," in my opinion. Perhaps, not in Italy, but then again Jews and Italians have a long, long, long, acquaintance that cannot be said for Jews and others nationalities.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 06:36 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You sound more confused with every post, first you demand some form of obeisance because of your country's participation in WW2, and now you claim it was because we were all still secretly running America in the first place.

I never said that. You might have just let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. I only subscribe to the belief that the US has a WASP elite that would want to protect Mother England. But, now that you mention it, you might be right.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 06:48 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Those were relocation camps.

I have heard on a tv documentary Japanese-Americans referring to them as "concentration camps." You are referring to them as "relocation camps." I've read that they were "internment camps."

Concentration camps were those Nazi camps that gassed people, and cremated them, after they were not useful as slave labor.

The Japanese-American internment camps were interning the people, since there was hysteria on the west coast about possible saboteurs, according to my readings. Japanese elsewhere in the US were not interned. And, the Japanese that we were at war with were testing biological weapons on the civilians in Manchuria. Heaven help us if that could have been a saboteurs marching orders.

Few today feel good about the internment of the Japanese-Americans. But, I was not alive at that time, so how can I really understand the concerns of Americans then?