What is your favorite historical speech?

JTT

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 11:28 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Wow, you've got me at a disadvantage, JTT. I came prepared to post a humorous response to your response, but you stopped me cold with your post. I don't know what to say. I expected you to call me names and thumb down my post, but you didn't.

I appreciate honesty, WM.

Quote:
What can I say in David's defense? Well, on the one hand, he's a friendly guy; and some of his posts are funny. At least I think so.

He can be funny, no doubt. I can understand how difficult it is to say something in Dave's defense.

I can't really see how defending someone who thrills to the deaths of millions is what anyone would want to do.

Quote:
For some reason I'm not able to come up with any compelling argument to not be rude to David except to say that he is an old man who doesn't have any power to determine government policy and neither do the rest of us who post in this beloved forum.

Old men, simply by virtue of being old men, haven't gained a right to be ignorant nor amoral. Dave, as I have mentioned, is positively enthusiastic about innocent people being slaughtered.

Quote:
A2K doesn't affect government policy. So, what does it matter? We're not going to influence anyone.

I disagree. A lot more people are aware of the ongoing policies of various US governments. Even those who had some idea really never knew how widespread it was/is, how so deeply evil those actions have been.

They've always been hidden under this thin sheen of very believable lies - the US is helping the oppressed, saving people for democracy, ... .

People, many people, still believe this propaganda. That's why there are such visceral reactions to these revelations - how could all we've been told be such a huge lie?

You owe no apology to those who whine about off topic comments. That's just another ploy to avoid uncomfortable topics.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 09:21 pm

FOR THE RECORD:
I have cheered and celebrated the deaths of COMMUNISTS
and their defeat in the 3rd World War. I ratify, re-iterate & reaffirm that.

David
JTT

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 09:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I have cheered and celebrated the deaths of COMMUNISTS
and their defeat in the 3rd World War. I ratify, re-iterate & reaffirm that.

Quote:

The CIA and the Gulf War
by John Stockwell

Now, since the "Good War One," World War II, we've had the CIA's Secret Wars. We've had two serious wars: Korea and Vietnam. But we've had the CIA running its low-intensity conflicts, its secret wars around the Globe. A lot of them. I'll mention that, kind of in passing, tonight because we have so much ground to cover. We've been destabilizing target governments in every corner of the Globe. We set up a system of governing by oligarchies — proxy government working through oligarchies in these countries who are permitted to become fabulously rich. This is the case in the Persian Gulf, the oil emirates who have 0.5 percent of their population of billionaires and millionaires, and the rest of the people share less or none at all of the country's wealth.

In Latin America, Central America, this same system is working. If the people don't like it, you organize the police into death squads, as we've done in many countries, including, conspicuously, El Salvador, and you kill enough of them that they are emasculated. They can't do anything about it. They are crippled. They are repressed, suppressed and oppressed, and you can get by with this system of milking the countries to your will and to your way.

The casualties in Nicaragua — fifty thousand people — they were not Russians. They were not Cubans. They were not even mostly Sandinistas. They were mostly rag-poor peasants, including a high percentage of women and children. Communists? They were mostly ROMAN CATHOLICS! Enemies of the United States? Nah. We had thousands of Witnesses [for Peace] who went down to live with them — to see. And they invariably came back and told us that the Nicaraguan People are the warmest people on the face of the Earth. They couldn't understand [why], but the Nicaraguans love the United States — the people from the United States; and that these people had trouble understanding why our Government would want to hire an army to send down there to brutalize them: to haul them out of their homes, and rape them, and slash off their breasts, and cut off their testicles while their children were forced to watch, which is what the Contra program did. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of documented cases.

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/stock2.html

See, WM, it's simply not possible to be rude to such an amoral piece of scum. He brags about being a depraved individual.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 09:50 pm
@JTT,
Do u admit to being a communist, J ?
JTT

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 09:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You admit to being an amoral piece of scum, Dave. That's the issue here.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 09:56 pm
@JTT,
Do u admit to being a communist ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 09:59 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
You admit to being an amoral piece of scum, Dave. That's the issue here.
ANTI-communism is superbly moral and good, J.

I have delighted & exulted in the misfortunes of the communists.

David
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 09:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Dave, as Americans go, you are among the worst of the worst. Your parents would be proud.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 10:01 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Dave, as Americans go, you are among the worst of the worst. Your parents would be proud.
I guess that 's a compliment,
judging by the depravity of your mind.

David
0 Replies