Clothes laundering.

Mame

Sat 12 May, 2012 09:14 pm
I don't sweat, and don't roll around in mud, so if I've worn a t-shirt for an afternoon, or even a day, I just fold it up and put it on top of my dresser. It could go back in the dresser, and maybe sometimes does (who keeps track?), but as long as I know nothing sweaty or dirty happened, I don't wash it right after wearing it.

I've heard that story about washing your clothes wearing out the threads, too, and I don't know if it's true, but I doubt NOT because I have some really old clothes whose threads are all intact. However, I'm all about conserving electricity and water, not to mention my energy, so I don't wash stuff as often as I was told to by my mother.

Related questions:

1. Do you wash your towel after you dry off? I will reuse mine another time or two, after all, I'm clean, aren't I?
2. Do you flush your toilet after peeing in it? If I'm alone, I'll wait for a few times and then flush.
3. How often do you wash your sheets? My niece and her daughter slept over one Friday and they were back for a sleep-over the next Friday. I didn't wash the sheets. Should I be shot?

These are questions the ensuring minds want to know.
roger

Sat 12 May, 2012 09:24 pm
@msolga,
Reminds me of my last idea for sleepwear. How does an extra tall cut flannel shirt sound if used as a night shirt? The only problem I can think of is the sleeves will be way too long for me, but I would likely convert it to either short sleeves or 3/4 length.
chai2

Sat 12 May, 2012 10:08 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Related questions:

1. Do you wash your towel after you dry off? I will reuse mine another time or two, after all, I'm clean, aren't I?
2. Do you flush your toilet after peeing in it? If I'm alone, I'll wait for a few times and then flush.
3. How often do you wash your sheets? My niece and her daughter slept over one Friday and they were back for a sleep-over the next Friday. I didn't wash the sheets. Should I be shot?

These are questions the ensuring minds want to know.

Ah, now the real truths come out.

No, I don't wash towels after one use from the shower. I take at least 2 showers a day, so I'm extra clean. Wink
I don't wash my hair every time, unless I've been to the pool, so it does end up being every day sometimes.
I shower in the morning, and I shower when I get back from the pool, or else the chlorine will itch. It isn't a heavy chlorinated pool, it's spring water with about half chlorine.
I'll admint I don't flush each time if it's only pee. Especially when I get up in the middle of the night, which is my habit.

Sheets? Every week, or every other.

PS, I don't make my bed. At best I half ass (well, maybe 3/4 ass) pull up the sheets and blankets so it looks orderly, but no way do I do the whole bed making schmear, unless I'm just putting fresh sheets on the bed.

Screw making making beds. It's one of the perks of being an adult.

Oh, a quirk of mine...I don't mind putting changing the sheets, but I hate the process involved putting the pillow cases on. I do it, but I hate it. Weird.
0 Replies

msolga

Sat 12 May, 2012 11:57 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Reminds me of my last idea for sleepwear. How does an extra tall cut flannel shirt sound if used as a night shirt? The only problem I can think of is the sleeves will be way too long for me, but I would likely convert it to either short sleeves or 3/4 length.

Sounds an excellent idea to me, Roger!
Just roll up the sleeves a little for prior-to-sleep reading purposes.
When you're asleep, the sleeves will do what they want.
But what does that matter, so long as you sleep heartily & don't have to buy extra nightwear to do it? Smile
0 Replies