Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:22 pm
I've no self interest in pushing this company - except that I appreciate it.
I have a Patagonia jacket I got at St. Vincent de Paul's thrift store that is still my go to winter coat a dozen years later.

I did meet the fellow who started the company, Yvon Chouinard, for a few minutes at a gathering, this back when I dated a mountaineer who was a friend of his, a fellow climber. Past that, I like what I know about him and the Patagonia company.

http://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/news/a56838/patagonia-iron-forge-hemp-workwear/

The article tells lots more, and after reading it, yup, I still like Patagonia.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,851 • Replies: 15
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:25 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Ever worn hemp clothing? I was just ranting about it on a FB knitting page. So sweatttttttty. Feels good when you put it on and then you get dank.

__

Separately, I do have some Patagonia pieces I quite like. All thrifted, of course.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Hemp, Osso, is that th' same stuff that makes y' feel so good
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Theirs is a mix, so maybe it's better, or not. No, I've not even seen hemp.. as such.

On thrifts, my favorite stores. I was into them twice: once learning from a fellow lab person who, with her husband and child, lived with super tight money, but who had, besides a chemistry degree, also had an art degree. So what? What was that she was one of the first people I knew who was very inventive in daily life. Dang, I've lost touch with her.

Sometime after that, I had a regular salary and life and enjoyed boutiques and department stores. I remember finding out that once you got the packages back to your apartment, you then needed more. I pinpointed the change as occurring when you walked out the door of the store.
Sanity later prevailed, and I was back to thrifts, both for saving money and for a lot of enjoyment.
Diane and I are going to GoodWill this week or maybe early next week.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 01:53 pm
@dalehileman,
Yeah. Not me for decades after the seventies, but I'm not against it, I do want it to be legal. I may need the medical kind one of these years, which creep up.
emmett grogan

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 09:08 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I even have my cigarettes made from hemp.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 09:17 pm
@emmett grogan,
laughing a lot..
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 09:41 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
but I'm not against it, I do want it to be legal
Me nuther Osso and so do I. If not, well then le's forbit alky too....
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 08:40 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Ah, I think I misspoke, or people could take it that way - my wanting marijuana to be legal is not because I might need it one of these years - it is because the illegality is stupid.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 03:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
misspoke
To who Osso, me

Quote:
it is because the illegality is stupid.
Wuz
0 Replies

Linda 2017

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
very funny.........
dalehileman

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:47 pm
@Linda 2017,
Quote:
very funny.........
But Linda, how
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:04 pm
@dalehileman,
I can't tell what Linda means either, but I'm happy enough to be considered funny.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 09:17 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Buco you should be. I too'd'd be most happy to accept such a rep, but instead I'm reviled
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 09:35 pm
@dalehileman,
That is because you mess up normal discourse with your abbreviated wordplay, incessently.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 10:45 am
@ossobucotemp,
Yea Osso, you're right, it is, no excuse whatever

But could you, seriously now, suggest another such site not so dependent on the esl. Pref sci, philo, jourtxn, and the like

...with many thanks for your continuing interest in my postings
0 Replies