How to tell my husband he dresses bad...

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 10:47 pm
My husband has always had a funky taste in clothing. And honestly, it has never bothered me until recently. We have a wedding to go to, one of my closet friends, and he doesn't want to dress up at all! He wants to go in a lime green workout shirt and black pants - I dont think that's okay to wear to a wedding. How do I let him know that he has to be open to wearing something a little more appropriate? Any department stores that sell stylish suits? THNX in advance guys!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,480 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 16 Aug, 2017 04:51 am
@Gridfamiliar,
Are you worried about social conformity? Vain.
Worried about what your friends might think? Not real good friends.
Is it about grinding the ladder of status among your peers? Not worth it.
Finally, do you like your husband??? Ppl in love tend to think odd dressing is cute in their partner...
jespah

Wed 16 Aug, 2017 06:57 am
@Gridfamiliar,
Tons of department stores sell suits.

Take him shopping.
ehBeth

Wed 16 Aug, 2017 08:12 am
@Gridfamiliar,
He doesn't have to go to the wedding with you.

Go on your own and invite someone who'd enjoy being there and meets your standard of wardrobe.

Really. What someone wears to a wedding is a not a battle worth starting.
Gridfamiliar

Thu 17 Aug, 2017 04:01 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Mmmmm not vain.
When you have been married for as long as I have - these little things happen. He's dressed like this for years now. Nothing wrong with switching it up, however. There's little things that I do that bother him - doesn't mean he doesn't love me or is vain.
Took him to http://www.josbank.com/bigntall and we settled for something LOL thnx for your response though
0 Replies

Gridfamiliar

Thu 17 Aug, 2017 04:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Sometimes couples "battle" over little things. Not a big deal. Just wanted some advice from other couples is all. Thnx though
0 Replies

Gridfamiliar

Thu 17 Aug, 2017 04:03 pm
@jespah,
Sure did! Took him to http://www.josbank.com/bigntall and we settled for something that he really liked actually. Thnx for your response. Appreciate it.
jespah

Thu 17 Aug, 2017 04:49 pm
@Gridfamiliar,
Awesome. Do you have pics? Smile
0 Replies