I do not believe gods exist…but I do not believe there are no gods.

FOUND SOUL

Wed 23 May, 2012 03:40 am
@izzythepush,
Seriously weren't they real? Is that another fairy tale, tell me it aint so..................

Mr Frank, the way I see it.. We all live once on this Earth... WTF (why) should we not be who we want to be? And care factor to those that don't like us.. Why? Because, we live once on this Earth....

Now, where we go after, is a different matter. A matter of belief.

Ain't that a fact.

I still believe in the word "believe" ..

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 23 May, 2012 03:53 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't what is so outlandish about unicorns. Surely science is capable of grafting a horn on the head of a horse.

I hope you are not thinking I suppose unicorns to be "outlandish."

RL has a fixation on them, though, and I thought it might be worthwhile for him to discuss that with someone professional.

And no need for science to graft a horn on the head of a horse for there to be the possibility of unicorns. There might be unicorns on every habitable planet circling the nearest 200 stars to Sol EXCEPT for Earth. Or, unicorns may be invisible and otherwise not able to be sensed.

izzythepush

Wed 23 May, 2012 04:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't think that you think such Frank. RL and I have crossed swords on similar occassions. Similar to unicorns is the belief in a flying teapot orbiting the Earth. How do we know Buzz Aldrin didn't jettison a teapot en route to the Moon. If he did, does that mean God exists, and if he didn't, is his failure to do so proof that God doesn't exist?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Wed 23 May, 2012 08:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Really putting lots of effort into it, Joe. I like that. Dedication! You are someone I can count on. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Once again, you're much too modest. No one can put less effort into a post than you can! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Frank Apisa

Wed 23 May, 2012 08:29 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
Once again, you're much too modest. No one can put less effort into a post than you can!

I don't know, Joe. You are doing a bang up job. Here you are in a thread I started going at it with gusto. You appear to be the modest one. Go on...take the credit. You deserve it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Joe Nation

Wed 23 May, 2012 08:34 am
Frank:
You asked us all if "I do not believe gods exist... but I do not believe there are no gods. "was a logical statement.

The very first question I think that has to be asked is "What is a god?", otherwise, no one would know what exactly your belief or disbelief refers to. Without a definition, the statement "I do not....//are no gods." becomes irrelevant.

You wrote:
Quote:
There is almost an “Aha…I gotcha now” in the background of the question, because it really is not a necessary question at all.

I, for one, am not trying to 'get you' but am curious as to how you think.

So, one more time, or as many more times as it takes, "What is a god?"

Who knows? I, or we, may all accept your answer and move onto the next question and

Joe(I have many more questions after that.)Nation

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Wed 23 May, 2012 10:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Seven minutes! You're slowing down, old timer! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Frank Apisa

Wed 23 May, 2012 10:52 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
Seven minutes! You're slowing down, old timer!

Yup, I am beat today. Golf was a bear...and sometimes naps take hold without you even knowing it. Wink
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 24 May, 2012 08:54 am
Good morning,

So, one more time, or as many more times as it takes, "What is a god?"

Joe(The subject is deities)Nation
joefromchicago

Thu 24 May, 2012 05:43 pm
@Joe Nation,
I don't understand it. Frank responds to my posts in an average of ten minutes. Was it something you said?
Frank Apisa

Thu 24 May, 2012 05:56 pm
@joefromchicago,
Hey, Joe.

I thought you had abandoned me.

Thanks for coming back.
joefromchicago

Thu 24 May, 2012 06:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thirteen minutes! Laughing

All kidding aside, though, I worry about you, Frank. I'm concerned that you might be having some vision problems in your old age. That could explain why you evidently can't see Joe Nation's posts. But I know you can see my posts -- that's because you respond to them almost immediately! So I'll just ask, on behalf of that other Joe: "What is a god?"
Frank Apisa

Thu 24 May, 2012 06:59 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
"What is a god?"

What difference does it make, Joe?

Joe Nation

Thu 24 May, 2012 08:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

"What is a god?"
Quote:

All the difference in the universe, bubbie, if, as you say, you "do not believe there are no gods." , how are you going to know if you are in the presence of what you have thus far refused to define?

You "do not believe there are no gods."
Great.
What is a god?

Joe(believing in the power of Joe since 1996)Nation

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 25 May, 2012 05:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

"What is a god?"
Quote:

All the difference in the universe, bubbie, if, as you say, you "do not believe there are no gods." , how are you going to know if you are in the presence of what you have thus far refused to define?

You "do not believe there are no gods."
Great.
What is a god?
Thomas

Fri 25 May, 2012 06:33 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
Joe(The subject is deities)Nation

"Remember Alice? This is a song about Alice." (Arlo Guthrie)
izzythepush

Fri 25 May, 2012 07:13 am
@Thomas,
"Alice? Alice? Who the **** is Alice?" Roy Chubby Brown.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 25 May, 2012 10:04 am
This makes me sad. Frank is usually so prompt in responding to my posts, but it has been four hours now and no reply! Was it something I said, Frank?
JPB

Fri 25 May, 2012 10:26 am
I'm really sad that I finally decided to read this thread. What makes me ever sadder is that I understand Frank's point. I do not believe gods exist...but I do not believe there are no gods either.

I think I need to call my doctor.
joefromchicago

Fri 25 May, 2012 11:12 am
@JPB,
I think everybody understands Frank's point, despite Frank's evident difficulties in articulating it.