Rasmussen: Bork way down

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 08:48 am
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Latest Rasmussen poll shows Romney at 50%, Bork at 43. I still see a possibility of dems throwing Bork under the buss and somebody else running.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 987 • Replies: 34

DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 08:59 am
@gungasnake,
I see that telling people what they want to hear is still a viable business strategy.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 02:33 pm
The polls could show Romney 98% and Obama 2% and the main constinuency here would reply with incredulity.

They are going to hang with the Expected One until the bitter end, and if they ever come round to acknowledging he might have a tought time winning it will be because of the sinister and souless machinations of the Koch Brothers.

He's going to lose and he may even lose big.

I'd love for him to lose big, but will be content with his losing by the hair of his Musollini thrusted chinny chin chin.

And when he does we can rejoice in the, at least possible, salvation of our country.

If he should win (hey, anything is possible in a country where a third of the population are outright fools) then I will be buying guns and gold, and doing research on what life may be like in places like Costa Rica and Singapore.

Now (if any of them monitors your posts) comes the:

"What kind of patriot are you! Leaving the country is un-American!"

In response to such reasonably expected charge:

I know you clowns think that conservatives value their identity as Americans above all else, but that's simply not the case. (Such a charge is beyond irony coming from you who take so little pride being American). Push it too far and too fast and I will be on the battlements, but that isn't going to happen.

Should you succeed in making this country a place in which I don't want to live, I will leave.

I won't be happy at all, but I'll be damned if I will stick around and let you nullify a life time of effort and reward.

See, I'm not so jingoist a Nationalist as thought.

Viva Romney!
DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 02:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
If he should win (hey, anything is possible in a country where a third of the population are outright fools) then I will be buying guns and gold, and doing research on what life may be like in places like Costa Rica and Singapore.

Now (if any of them monitors your posts) comes the:

"What kind of patriot are you! Leaving the country is un-American!"

Um... Actually, my response is, "don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you."
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 02:48 pm
@DrewDad,
Um...who cares what your response might be?

Not me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 02:51 pm

Romney will be a compromise. He sure is no conservative.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 02:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Perhaps but he is surely no Obama either.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 02:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Um... who cares if you care?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 03:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Perhaps but he is surely no Obama either.
Of course; that 's Y I 'm voting for him,
but with as much of a thrill as getting your house fumigated.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 03:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
They are going to hang with the Expected One until the bitter end,...

What I'm saying is that the bitter end might come around June or July somewhere, dems are known for throwing their own under the bus when the agenda itself is endangered.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 04:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
then I will be buying guns and gold, and doing research on what life may be like in places like Costa Rica and Singapore.
Singapore! NO capital gains tax.

(Not sure about Costa Rica).
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 11:44 pm
@gungasnake,
I didn't know Robert Bork was running for President. Mr. Green
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 12:22 am
yeah. In gungasnaKKKe's continuing campaign to come up with insulting names for people he doesn't like, that's definitely one of his dumber attempts.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 12:26 am
Good luck, Finn. If you think you don't like government regulation here, you are gonna HATE Singapore. I suggest you move there immediately. Why wait. As you guys always used to say to us in the Sixties, "America, love it or leave it." It's our turn to say it now. Bye bye.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 12:27 am
@MontereyJack,
* giggle *
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 12:42 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
yeah. In gungasnaKKKe's continuing campaign to come up with insulting names for people he doesn't like, that's definitely one of his dumber attempts.
Well, Bork was a failure.
I suspect that Gunga is expressing his recognition of failure in obama.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 01:05 am
@Irishk,
Mostly, those Latin America countries take a narrow view of guns. Who knows about Singapore? On the other hand, they think major crime is something like smoking in public.

Maybe we should ask Craven about guns and Costa Rica.
raprap

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 03:56 am
@MontereyJack,
Too bad 'Bork' has already been used.

Far Better too.

Rap
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 04:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Of course; that 's Y I 'm voting for him,
but with as much of a thrill as getting your house fumigated.

Krauthammer has noted that there would barely be a dime's worth of difference in how Romney or Gingrich would govern and numerous people who are at least as conservative as I am have been backing Romney from early on, that includes Ann Coulter and several of the tea partiers. At this point I'm not looking for ideological purity and would be very happy just to get the US govt. back under some semblance of adult supervision.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 04:13 am
@roger,
Quote:
Mostly, those Latin America countries take a narrow view of guns.

Think about it... if you were Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez, would you want your people being armed??
0 Replies