Spelling words wrong

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:30 am
Hey folks help me out here...whenever I use spell checker my copy doesn't change. Does that mean it's not working?..or that I'm a bloody genius?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:31 am
Genius of corpse.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:36 am
39/50- I thought that I would do better!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:37 am
Well, being as I am quite familiar with this feature here at the ol a2k, I'll venture in and explain how it works. Firstly, if a word is wrong and the spellchecker identifies it as gives you an option/s, you must choose the replacement and hit correct, if not, the switch will not take place. On many occasions...because I have a atrocious spelling at the best of times, the spellchecker will identity a misspelled but give no option. This is when I drag out my well used oxford, leaf through the pages for the appropriate word, then I must type in the correction and once again hit correct button in order for my mistake to be fixed. Hope this helps.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:39 am
I got them all! Unbeelevable!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:41 am
I could not function on the internet without Gurunet.

http://www.gurunet.com/

They give you the whole shootin' match as a trial. If you don't want to pay for it, you can keep the dictionary and the thesaurus for free. There is a little tab that is on your desktop. If you are not sure of the spelling of a word, or are unsure of the meaning, you type the word in, and Gurunet finds you the meaning.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:56 am
Damn Gustav, I'm impressed
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:57 am
I am an atrocious speller, which leaves me with two options, live with it, or hide under my desk. Mostly I live with it (and use the spell checker if it is available) but that space under my desk is really comfortable.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:12 am
Gosh Phoenix you have always been my Guru. Really.
0 Replies