Expressing your love for your significant other

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 03:42 pm
Ever felt like telling the world how much you love your spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc.,? Well, it would be nice to hear your shout outs to your significant others! I will go ahead and start first:

I would like to tell my wonderful husband how much I love him and how much I appreciate the things he does for me. I am so in love with him and grateful to have him as my husband! I love you honey! MUAH, MUAH, MUAH, MUAH!

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 04:24 pm
@outgoingpeep,
Where is the like button? Smile

Everyone has emotions, male and female. Too few females, remember to tell their other halves, how much loved they are, or how good they look, or thank you Smile
Lash

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 07:19 pm
I'm feeling very grateful today. I had a hard haul this year - my first year teaching. There were many nights that I came home and dropped in the bed at 5pm....6. He sat alone on the couch so many nights that I really thought he may tell me that this wasn't the life he'd envisioned - and we'd end our relationship. I didn't cook regularly (this is an understatement!), nor did I clean as often as I needed to, or hold my end of other fairly-divided household responsibilities.

When I cried for my children, he provided money to show them a wonderful time in SF. When I complained about my principal, my teaching partner, or my extracurricular duties - he said, "Quit today and I'll take care of you." In short, he met every challenge I faced with care, understanding, and steely support. He sat on our couch on weekends he'd surely rather have been out on the water - but I was too tired or had too much work to do. I didn't ask him to stay home - but he did. I knew why.

I'm not very demonstrative where love is concerned. Sex - yes; love - not so much. May feel it, but rarely say it.

I guess I'm a bit reserved about baring my soul. ( Wink in person to the intended recipient...)

I love him.
I feel grateful to him and for him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 07:45 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You're kidding.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I wish, but no I'm not.

From my experience of reading, listening, and talking so many women don't realise that men also need to hear those words, or feel that love. There is a perception that they are "tough" and don't need it... Sex is all they need. Not the case at all. Well off course, that too.

As for me, it's going on 3 years and I frequently ensure that I say it, show it and let him feel it Smile

Beautiful words Lash Smile

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:59 pm
@ossobuco,
My kidding thing was a reference to the idea of too few females talking.
Give me a break.

I'm a female and learned a lot from my smart assed group (SAG).

Back later re the thread.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:13 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm not going to hi-jack the thread OSSO...

But, there is a difference of women that are in-secure constantly declaring their love and, those in a committed relationship that understand the efforts required and realisation that men need comments, affection and shown love too.

Maybe it's a thread worthy of discussion, what constitutes a relationship....

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I think much of all that is bullshit.

trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:24 pm
@outgoingpeep,
Good for you!!!! I also love my husband. He is a very good person. He won't ever read this. I feel blessed when he comes home and I tell him.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:41 pm
Huh! I tell my husband and kids I love them every day.
trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:47 pm
@Ceili,
That is awesome!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 06:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Errrr, bullshit that women, secure, don't tell their mates they love them. Not that it doesn't happen that secure women don't, but I don't think that is usual. Maybe it is a cultural thing with geographic differences.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 07:10 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't want to be taken out of context here. I can see where my wording sounds like I am saying in-secure women say I love you, or women don't say I love you, it's not at all what I meant.

I am stating that, some women certainly will say it, (mean it) but say it 10 times a day, feeling in-secure... And, then it becomes just words. There isn't the same meaning.

I am agreeing with the whole pupose of this thread... Expressing.. And, the acknowledgement that, it is important..

Men have emotions as well and sometimes " I love you daily" isn't enough whereby writing something as has been written above is truly expressing.. And, I added to that in short, that remembering that men also need to know or feel they look good, "gee you look really nice today" or be told, thank you for something they did for you, even if it was small, is also important...

I don't believe that "just" the words I love you is enough, that's the point.

That's all I was trying to get at Osso.

Nothing to do with me being Australian.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 07:18 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Well, I get your view, especially with the insecure 'parroting' the words.
I just don't think that secure women need to shape up and say it, though you may be right. Most secure women I have known do say it. But then, I've been, most of the time, in an urban California melieu.

I doubt other cultures, even in the wide u.s. are as interested in these words. Even within a single metropolis.

Which brings up an old interest of mine - performance criteria.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 07:40 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't mean that re sex although that can matter.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 07:46 pm
@ossobuco,
haha, actually when I read that, I did and I smiled Smile

Everything should be an equal street. I agree.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 07:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I tried to say 'k, not a big enough word.
Maybe this time, 'k.
0 Replies

outgoingpeep

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 11:21 am
I love you my wonderful husband! I love you more than you can imagine and I am so proud to have you as my husband. You're my best friend, lover, partner, my amazing love!
0 Replies

legalbillingsoftware

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 02:24 am
nice post!
happy to read posts like this one..
be happy, always Smile
0 Replies