Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:00 pm
What a couple of weeks. yaaaak.

My eye will be ok. I have been in big doubt for the last two weeks with good reason, since I last posted on the Ossobuco's eyes thread in a semi breakdown.

Ok now, as of this morning.

I even bought some earrings this afternoon. Sure sign of health and wealth.

Link to the Osso eye's #1 thread, don't go there if you don't like boredom and drama in combo: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17762

(with a big Hey to BBB....)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,753 • Replies: 32
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:31 pm
Glad to hear everything is okay. You bought some earrings...always nice to buy something just for yourself.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:34 pm
HOORAY for osso! Went for my eye check up yesterday, and ordered new glasses. $465 for new glasses. Talk about inflation. Fortunately, I have a $350 glass benefit through Kaiser. whew@!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:34 pm
Yippee!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:00 pm
Ah, the import seems to be lost. I got the earrings today after at least two weeks plus more deep doo doo earlier, thinking I lost the left eye. I didn't know I didn't until this morning.

Ah well, it's m'own drama. Just trying to share here with some who have been following this.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:51 pm
Thanks for the news, osso. I've been wondering.
I would kiss them and make them all better if I could. Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:55 pm
I may post at some point on the details as I think the steps, the experience, are all useful for others besides my own thing. Just am posting now as a kind of rest stop, to let people know the eye will be okay.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 12:23 am
Good news, I'm happy for you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 01:02 am
Thanks, Ceili.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:08 am
yay Osso!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:10 am
Great, osso!!!

(Mother can see very well now, too. Has to wait for one eye to be lasered for some weeks, gets her new glasses after that.)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 03:21 am
Great news Osso. (((hug))) Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 10:59 am
Great, Walter!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 11:44 am
Oh, I'm so glad this is going well! Thanks for the update.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 12:17 pm
Osso--

Wonderful news. Your fortitude through uncertainity was very impressive. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 03:47 pm
Very Happy great news. you must have been going through hell, so glad it is over now. Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 09:00 pm
Me too, girl. Me too.

I will post here, as I mentioned, a summary of sorts of the last two weeks (rather dry, no weepies... besides, I have never wanted to cry during this time, eek, That doesn't seem like a good idea, hah.) It might be useful for others going through a slow heal. It was useful for me that one friend from LA told me he had a friend who had a long wait and is fine now; it gave me some 'perspective'.

I'll cut and paste that summary... after I finish putting together the pollo alla cacciatora....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 06:02 am
ossoB, I'm glad to read/hear/see that the news is better than you'd feared. Very glad.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:37 pm
ossobuco wrote:

I'll cut and paste that summary... after I finish putting together the pollo alla cacciatora....

the pollo alla wotsit sounds delicious! and yes do give us the tale
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 04:22 pm
BBB's eye surgery went well
Such good news from Osso that her eye will be OK. We've been commiserating about her ordeal for several weeks as I anticipated my own eye surgery.

Osso, you will be glad to know I'm back home after a very good outcome from cataract surgery on my left eye Thursday. Thanks for your constant support.

I saw my doctor today and she reports everything is right on schedule---and I could drive again.

So I packed my bag and left the home of my friends Ash and Natalie, who put me up for three days, and drove to my home. Just after I arrived, my neighbor across the street, Ray, came home for lunch and he brought Maddy over to me. Ray had kept Maddy for three days while I was away. I thought Maddy would go nuts when he saw me, jumping up and down as he usually does when he's excited. He ran to me, jumped up a couple of times, then just wandered around as I unpacked the car. When we got inside the house, he was very subdued, and just followed me around the house. When I finally sat down in my recliner chair, Maddy jumped into my lap and just snuggled gently against me. I thought I was going to have to wear an eye guard when playing with Maddy, but he's been so subdued that it hasn't been necessary. All this was not what I expected after our first long separation.

Back to my eye. I have a follow up appointment in one week and another in a month. I'm using drops in my eye every two hours to control pressure and will do so for six weeks. Cataract surgery on my right eye will be scheduled in about a month and the entire process will be repeated. I can see very well. In fact, I'm better off not wearing my glasses because my depth perception is out of whack and it affects my balance. So I kind of walk around like I'm slightly tipsy without any of the fun. This should clear up soon.

I'm lucky to have good friends like Ash and Natalie who took me in and drove me to my appointments. My neighbors are good friends to take in my silly mutt. All in all, I'd say life is much easier with good friends around you, including everyone on A2K.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies