clearance = safety distance?

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 01:09 am

Context:
In forcing out some of the personnel, the agency fell back on the argument that some of the employees had jeopardized their national security clearance by their interactions with the women, according to the official. Without clearances, they could not perform their jobs.
More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/25/us/2-more-secret-service-employees-resigning.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&hp
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 434 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 01:15 am
@oristarA,
You are getting lazy star....let Google be your friend. Put in "national security clearance" and then ye shall know all.....
0 Replies

MontereyJack
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 01:24 am
"clearance" has at least three separate and distinct meanings that I can think of off the top of my head. In this sense, it means that checks have been made of their past actions, their presumed reliability, their past associates, their competence, their allegiances, and so on, and they have been given clearance, i.e. they are allowed, to handle materials and jobs involving national security.
oristarA

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 01:29 am
@MontereyJack,
Thank you
0 Replies