House Republicans just don't care

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:51 pm
It isn't enough for the House Republicans to kill Social security, medicare, and arrogantly show disdain for women's rights, now they're going to cut food stamps, take food out of the mouths of millions of babies,

RABEL222

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:09 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Its what republicans do. Starve babies and give millionares huge tax breaks.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:00 pm
@Rickoshay75,
You have been listening to left wing paranoia radio, havent you?
raprap

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:16 pm
@Rickoshay75,
It's a sad world when the pets of the wealthy eat better than the children of the poor.

Rap
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:28 pm
@mysteryman,
Which part of the original post was incorrect?

I certainly recognize a couple of those points as truth, but don't follow U.S. news closely enough to catch all of the details.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:30 pm
@ehBeth,
access to food stamps is being cut here. severely if you harbor an illegal alien...
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:48 pm
Churches in Alabama have been skirting the law down there, but then, ever once in awhile, you meet a Christian in a Christian church.

Illegal Alien?

Joe(what illegal alien?)Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:50 pm
@Rockhead,
so the original post was correct

I wonder what mm's on about.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 05:50 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I guess the question should be: Why aren't the parents of those children feeding them? I know times are tough, but to depend on the govt is a bad thing. Personal responsibility is a bitch isn't it.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 08:21 pm
@mysteryman,
Where in the hell can you find a left wing radio show in the midwest. They are ALL right wing paranoia radio shows.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 03:16 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

You have been listening to left wing paranoia radio, havent you?

Not really, It's in all the papers and on CNN.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 03:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I guess the question should be: Why aren't the parents of those children feeding them? I know times are tough, but to depend on the govt is a bad thing. Personal responsibility is a bitch isn't it.

I guess you haven't heard. There's a recession going on out there. 13 million out of work, millions on the streets, and the Republicans are playing politics.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:19 pm
@Rickoshay75,
The only way they wouldn't be playing politic's is to just let Obama have his way? I guess that would work best if you wanted to plunge the US govt into even larger debt. You realize that Obama has spent more money in his first term then Bush spent in 2.

His deficit spending for a single year is equal to what we spent in Iraq and Afghanistan in 10 years. I can see why you would say the Rep's are playing politic's, your mad that Obama doesn't have a blank check.
FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:44 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

His deficit spending for a single year is equal to what we spent in Iraq and Afghanistan in 10 years. I can see why you would say the Rep's are playing politic's, your mad that Obama doesn't have a blank check.

I don't think that's actually true. Do you have the numbers to back that up?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 06:29 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Good question. Why aren't they? Maybe because the birth rate of folks on public assistance is three times that of those who aren't (2006 data, probably higher now) and the rest of us make sure they don't get a decent education, a way out of the poverty cycle, or (heaven forbid) an abortion.
Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 06:31 am
@JPB,
Word.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 04:28 pm
@Rickoshay75,
What the likes of Baldimo fails to understand are a few facts about how our government spends taxpayer monies. Republicans prefer wars over taking care of our own people. Even when our soldiers come home from wars, they want to take away their medical/health services, and food stamps.

The republicans want to close down Planned Parenthood that provides health services to women. They lie about Planned Parenthood calling it an abortion mill, when in fact only 3% of their monies are spent for abortion services.

Conservatives also want to control women's bodies by creating a new term for pregnancy called "personhood." A zygote is not a person; it has no brain or a heart. It has no feelings, because it has no brains.

Conservatives are dangerous to the overall health of women.

What I don't understand is why women still support conservatives to represent them.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 04:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The only way they wouldn't be playing politic's is to just let Obama have his way? I guess that would work best if you wanted to plunge the US govt into even larger debt. You realize that Obama has spent more money in his first term then Bush spent in 2.

The post is about un-caring Republicans, as clearly shown on the title, not your bait and switch tactics. Muddy the water as much as you want, but it won't change anybody's mind
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 05:11 pm
@Rickoshay75,
It's because Baldimo never knows what he's talking about. Most of the money spent by Obama was for tax cuts for the middle class, extension of unemployment insurance *(GW Bush's job destruction was the worst since the Great Depression), the extension of the Bush tax cuts, and saving the American auto industry that saved over one million jobs. Compared to how much Obama spent, GW Bush increased our deficit by double, approved the increase in the debt ceiling 17 times, and started both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars that also cost billions plus American lives.

There's no cure for stupid!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 10:51 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

It isn't enough for the House Republicans to kill Social security, medicare, and arrogantly show disdain for women's rights, now they're going to cut food stamps, take food out of the mouths of millions of babies,

Today's news reports contained reports of the governments readjustment of the date the Social security "trust" becomes insolvent - it's now three years closer than previously estimated. Obamacare gutted Medicare Advantage plans for millions of Seniors (though they are cynically delaying its effect until after the Presidential election in a "demonstration project" just authorized by the Administration. The elegibility rolls for food stamps and Medicaid have never in our history been larger.

In the midst of the unravelling of the social welfare states that grew up in boom times in Western Europe , and the destructive political discord that attends even minimalist corrective actions there by nations dangerously overleveraged, and in some cases approaching either insolvency or rejection by the bond markets on which they depend, it is truly remarkable that our government blithely continues adding to a Federal debt that is already well over annual GDP. In these dire circumstances to suggest that those who wish to restrian spending are endangering folks who have grown dependent on government is the pinnacle of deception and cynacism. The sad truth is that Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid , foodstamps and all the handouts so effectively used by politicians to keep themselves in power are already in grave danger. We are already on a course that will surely destroy them all.

When you are headed for a cliff, the guy who encourages you to speed up is not really your friend. Likewise, the one who attempts to get you to slow down is not really your enemy.