Christian Teacher in Ohio Battles Tyrannical Evolution Pushers

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 05:34 am
http://scottfactor.com/

Quote:

.....There is another American teacher being persecuted for his Christian faith. This is a case out of Mount Vernon, Ohio.

As reported at the Rutherford Institute website, which is handling the case,

“The Rutherford Institute has appealed to the Ohio Supreme Court on behalf of John Freshwater, a Christian teacher who was fired for keeping religious articles in his classroom and for using teaching methods that encourage public school students to think critically about the school’s science curriculum, particularly as it relates to evolution theories. Freshwater, a 24-year veteran in the classroom, was suspended by the Mount Vernon City School District Board of Education in 2008 and officially terminated in January 2011. The School Board justified its actions by accusing Freshwater of improperly injecting religion into the classroom by giving students ‘reason to doubt the accuracy and/or veracity of scientists, science textbooks and/or science in general.’ The Board also claimed that Freshwater failed to remove ‘all religious articles’ from his classroom, including a Bible.”

Here we have the case of a Christian teacher encouraging his students to approach the unproven, unobserved theory of evolution with the skeptical eye it deserves. The anti-Christian crusaders in our world are so viciously against any teachings that declare God is the Author of the universe and all that is in it that they will fiercely defend a terribly flimsy theory—or hypothesis, rather—that seeks to explain the origins of life in this amazing world in which we live. The hypothesis of evolution—which is not even a plausible explanation, with its gaping, fossil record holes and fantasy mechanisms—is the best the godless among us have come up with, and they cling to it with a fanatical fervor......

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 05:43 am
I believe that the law of Allah ought to prevail. Evolutionists are just monkeys without tails. The tortoise carrying the world might get offended if men persist in avoiding the holy graham cracker of faith. The Tortoise Shrugged might become reality instead of just a bad novel. I don't have a right to question Allah and his dictates, but to steamroller those who would.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 05:44 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:

Here we have the case of a Christian teacher encouraging his students to approach the unproven, unobserved theory of evolution with the skeptical eye it deserves.

No, here we have a Christian teacher violating the constitutional rights of his students. Not to mention apparently burning one of them with a tesla coil to leave a mark like a cross. Students have the right to be given an education without having to endure the personal beliefs and delusions of whatever teacher they happen to have.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 06:02 am
@gungasnake,
You got to be kidding me?

If I wanted to make the case that Christianity should be allowed in the classroom, John Freshwater is not the guy that I would be putting forward to make my case.

This guy is clearly nuts (even by Christian standards).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 06:03 am
This is old news. Freshwater has no case, and the courts have ignored his claims. From the Wikipedia article: "Freshwater was involved with two federal court cases regarding the accusations, one brought against him by the student who claimed he was branded, which was settled out of court, and in the other Freshwater sued his employers, but later withdrew the suit. Freshwater's appeal of the dismissal was denied in two different appeal courts."
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 06:29 am
@gungasnake,
Christian Teacher in Ohio Battles Tyrannical Evolution Pushers

That's a pretty incredible thread title! Wink

I'm not at all surprised this teacher's employment was terminated.
The same would occur in my own country if a teacher behaved in this way in a public school classroom.

Just read the first couple of paragraphs of the quoted article.

Crikey! Shocked

Quote:
Members of the anti-Christian, communist Left are obsessed with banishing the presence of Christian expression from all areas of the public square. They are probably the most fervent in this crusade in the government-run public school classrooms, where teachers are persecuted for displaying even a hint of Christianity.

I have written before about a California teacher, Brad Johnson, who is fighting back against a tyrannical school district that ordered him to remove patriotic banners from his classroom walls—banners that simply included the name of God in their sayings. These banners had long been hanging in his classroom, but the God-hating tyrants in his school district decided they could no longer abide even the written mention of the name of the Lord in that classroom. How very like Satan that is! .....

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 07:14 am
Please. Get the Christian Taliban out of our public school classrooms.

Joe(can I be clearer?)Nation
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 07:18 am
@gungasnake,
Why can't people just be reasonable and teach the controversy? Just split the classroom time equally between theories: one-third evolution, one-third Biblical creation, one-third flying-spaghetti-monster science. It's only fair.
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:52 am
Religion has no place in public school, just as facts have no place in church.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 09:25 am
@Thomas,
I object, Thomas, no child of mine is going to attend a school that doesn't teach the following TRUTH:
Cronus sired six children by Rhea: Hestia, Hades, Demeter, Poseidon, Hera and Zeus in that order, but swallowed them all as soon as they were born except Zeus, since he had learned from Gaia and Uranus that he was destined to be overcome by his own child as he had overthrown his own father. When Zeus was about to be born, however, Rhea sought Uranus and Gaia to devise a plan to save him, so that Cronus would get his retribution for his acts against Uranus and his own children. Rhea gave birth to Zeus in Crete, handing Cronus a stone wrapped in swaddling clothes, which he promptly swallowed.
Then she hid Zeus in a cave on Mount Ida in Crete. According to varying versions of the story:
:He was then raised by Gaia,
:He was suckled by his first cousin, a goat named Amalthea, while a company of Kouretes, soldiers, or smaller gods, shouted and clashed their swords together to make noise so that Cronus would not hear the baby's cry,
:He was raised by a nymph named Adamanthea, who fed him goat milk. Since Cronus ruled over the earth, the heavens, and the sea and swallowed all of the children of Rhea, Adamanthea hid him by dangling him on a rope from a tree so he was suspended between earth, sea, and sky and thus, invisible to his father.

Joe(so much easier to understand than the Trinity)Nation

0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 09:30 am
@gungasnake,
I say, Ganja, just keep on setting them up--its entertaining to see them knocked down.

Burning a cross on an arm with a Tesla coil went out wih the Spanish Inquisition.

Rap
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 09:35 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
@gungasnake,
Why can't people just be reasonable and teach the controversy? Just split the classroom time equally between theories: one-third evolution, one-third Biblical creation, one-third flying-spaghetti-monster science. It's only fair.

That would satisfy everybody on the design side, but the evolosers would never allow it.
Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 10:07 am
It leaves out the Rasta-man, too . . .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 11:27 am
@gungasnake,
I'd agree to it. It would be hard to make the kids stop laughing at the Monster vs. Creation Fairy Tale but I'm sure a competent teacher (rather than a preacher) could handle them.

Joe(Noodle noodle)Nation
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 11:51 am
@gungasnake,
My tyrannical company doesn't allow me to fix computers by waving dead chickens over the monitors.

Damn that school district for expecting teachers to follow the approved curriculum!
RABEL222

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 01:38 pm
@DrewDad,
I wonder if any one has ever explained to Gunga that the Musliam, Jewish, and Christian religions are interrelated?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:06 pm
@Thomas,
They still aren't teaching "Intelligent Falling" in the classroom. When you drop something the Flying Spaghetti Monster reaches up with His noodly appendage to pull it in a downward direction.

But in "science" classes, they insist on only teaching this nonsense about "gravity".
0 Replies