that which? why the author had to use "that" here? It seems redundant

oristarA

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 07:14 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
All countries in the rest of the world are far worse than US? Or, is there a country which can be pround of its clear past and honorable present?

That's absolutely false, Ori. Not only is it false but pointing to someone or some country that is as bad or worse than another does not in any way clear one or a country of their war crimes, their ongoing state terrorism.

And in you view, any faults or crimes committed by a country can wipe out any merits of the country?
JTT

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 08:31 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
And in you view, any faults or crimes committed by a country can wipe out any merits of the country?

Are you plumpin' for a work visa, Ori?

As to your notion, no, it doesn't. All that's required is that the war criminals are held to account. You do have a grasp of the rule of law, do you not?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 02:02 pm
What in the world made me think that this is a language thread?
JTT

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 02:15 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:

Certainly not your knowledge of the English language, Merry. That's better suited to a Pet Peeves of English thread.

But no matter. You're not competent enough to discuss the language aspect and you're much much too frightened to discuss the other issue.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 02:32 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

Certainly not your knowledge of the English language, Merry. That's better suited to a Pet Peeves of English thread.

But no matter. You're not competent enough to discuss the language aspect and you're much much too frightened to discuss the other issue.

You're certainly not competent enough to discuss politics or world history. And, you're right on one point, of cours: I'm frightened to discuss anything of which I have extremely limited knowledge. Apparently, itdoesn't stop you, however.

Has it ever occurred to you, JTT, that when you go off on these tangents on what are supposed to be language threads all you're doing is confusing the OPs for whom English is still a minor mystery? You're not helping them one whit by preaching your far Left bullshit instead of staying on topic and giving cogent answers on standard English useage. You're pathetic.
JTT

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 02:46 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Has it ever occurred to you, JTT, that when you go off on these tangents on what are supposed to be language threads all you're doing is confusing the OPs for whom English is still a minor mystery?

Of course it hasn't occurred to you, Merry, that the question was long ago answered, completely.

A language incompetent like you, one of the Peeves group, is hardly the one to be deciding what ought to be discussed with language students.

Had you actually read the thread, you would have noticed that Ori wasn't the least bit puzzled.

Quote:
You're certainly not competent enough to discuss politics or world history.

But Noam Chomsky is. As is John Stockwell, Howard Zinn, William Blum and others. But you, laden with a lifetime of this propaganda pablum are not, nor are you near brave enough to even consider learning.

Quote:
And, you're right on one point, of cours: I'm frightened to discuss anything of which I have extremely limited knowledge. Apparently, it doesn't stop you, however.

And yet you still post and opine.
0 Replies