A funny kind of lynch mob...

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 06:22 am
People march peaceably to seek an orderly and lawful arrest leading to a fair trial. That's what conservatives think is a "lynch mob"?

It's kind of funny.

(...and yes the fringe black panther thing is irrelevant).

Foofie

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 10:31 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

People march peaceably to seek an orderly and lawful arrest leading to a fair trial. That's what conservatives think is a "lynch mob"?

It's kind of funny.

(...and yes the fringe black panther thing is irrelevant).

Well, historically the lynch mob were white folk that thought an innocent Black man committed a crime. The value, in the perception of the white folk, of the lynch mob, I thought, was to maintain a dominant position of white folk in their neck-of-the-woods. Meaning Black males will not whistle, look at, or converse sassily with white women. It was a form of terrorism.

So, if there are "conservatives" that think that the protesting reflects a lynch mob, it might just be that the UNCONSCIOUS goal might be SIMILAR. That being to make white folk to just learn that interacting with young Black males, in a potentially adversarial manner, will be more trouble than one wants, regardless of the law ("stand one's ground"). I wouldn't call this terrorism, like in the Jim Crow South, but possibly an unconscious perception that those states that have written, or are thinking of writing, "stand one's ground" laws should reconsider, since the result of such laws might be worse than what needs it supposedly addresses.

What is interesting, in my opinion, is that while many African-Americans have a very specific opinion on this tragedy, they do not protest country-wide about the proliferation of guns in the inner-cities, to the same extent, I believe. Meaning, when Black males shoot Black males, it makes the 11 O'Clock news, but sort of ends with a few comments by local Black leaders. Perhaps, this tragedy is a sort of red-herring for where African-American energies should be directed, for all the guns in inner cities.

I have read that the South has a culture of honor that promulgates violence between males. So, African-Americans, having taken their Southern culture to the four corners of the country, and therefore perhaps, do not react as vehemently when the perceived impetus to a Black male getting shot (by another Black male) is possibly based on "honor." However, when it is likely not based on Southern style "honor" between two Black males, there may be more reaction. Does anyone know why?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 10:35 am
Lynch? I dont see anyone hanging from a tree.
Foofie

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 10:43 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Lynch? I dont see anyone hanging from a tree.

It might have been used metaphorically for wanting "justice," based on the mobs possible perception of who was "subjectively" wrong and who was right?
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 11:08 am
@Foofie,
All people who are marching and demanding "justice" in this case was the ones doing the same in the Duke so call rape case of a poor black hooker/dancer who claimed to had been gang rape by evil white college students.

Right at this moment I had no faith that the arrested had anything to do with evidences showing this was not a matter of self defense or not and not an arrest driven by public pressures.

RABEL222

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 11:31 am
@BillRM,
He dident have any business following this teenager around armed with a gun when he had called the police. He was told to back off and dident. As far as I am concerned that is enough to show he was the aggressor. Its bad enough we have cops that shoot at shadows without arming untrained civilians with weapons that kill.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:22 pm
@maxdancona,
Many of these people aren't marching for anything remotely resembling justice. Most don't care if there is order or arrest leading to fair trials.

By the way, do you have some sort of a link to something, somewhere anywhere that explains why you are saying this?

Lastly, there is nothing ever funny about lynch mobs or lynch mob mentality, or do you approve of people who are calling for George Zimmerman to be beaten or killed.

People like Mike Tyson who said:
"...It's a disgrace that man hasn't been dragged out of his house and tied to a car and taken away. That's the only kind of retribution that people like that understand. It's a disgrace that man hasn't been shot yet. Forget about him being arrested--the fact that he hasn't been shot yet is a disgrace."

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-tyson-george-zimmerman-should-be-shot-2012-4

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/General+News/124374/Mike-Tyson-On-George-Zimmerman%3A-Its-A-Disgrace-He-Hasnt-Been-Shot-Yet.html

So, no hanging this time, we should just drag him along and then shoot him dead, no trial needed. Rolling Eyes (and as you know it's not just Tyson making theses dangerous statements.)
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:32 pm
@RABEL222,
Sorry but he did have as must right to follow the kid around in the public streets as the kid have a right to be there and he had a right to be arm with a firearm at the time.

An if the kid did turn and attacked him not the otherway around with enough force that a reasonable person would fear for his life or being seriously harm he had a right to shot the kid dead.

Just as the kid had a right to go to a 7/11 without being attacked the gentleman had a right of walk behind him without being attacks also.
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:30 pm
@RABEL222,
Take note also the young man had a working cell phone at the time and was talking to his girlfriend and yet he did not call 911 once unlike Zimmerman who call any numbers of times over getting this young man check out by the police.

If I was worry about someone following me that would be the first thing I would do is dial 911 as a matter of course not challenge the follower.
wandeljw

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 02:21 pm
@maxdancona,
There have been incidents that indicate a lynch mob mentality. An alleged home address for Zimmerman was spread widely on Twitter. The people who lived at that address were an elderly couple in their 70's who had to move because of the threats against them.
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 04:09 pm
@BillRM,
Interesting by the votes downs at least two people think that the young man had a right to attack Zimmerman for the "crime" of following him and Zimmerman if his life was at risk had lost his right of self defense for the "crime" of following the young man.

If it can be shown that the young man turn and attack Zimmerman and had him on the ground trying to pound his head into the sidewalk game over as far as him not having the right to shot the kid.

None of us know at this time if the kid was the attacker or not and if he did attack if the attack was of a nature that deadly force was call for in self defense.

What we do know is before public pressure was placed on the police and the prosecutors the first judgment was it was self defense.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 05:08 pm
@BillRM,
Can you prove that Trayvon was the aggressor, or are you taking the word of the only witness left after he shot the only other witness to what was going on. When he got out of the car he became the aggressor. The conservative radio is having a ball screaming that were depriving Zimmerman of his rights. Where are they on depriving Trayvon of his life. Do you know the meaning of the word hypocrite.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 05:09 pm
@BillRM,
See my previous post.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 05:16 pm
@wandeljw,
This was caused by a screwed up police response. If they had arrested him as they should have none of this would have taken place. If this is the way they handle every shooting in that town I bet there are a lot of unconvicted murders running around there. And if the victim had shot Zimmerman i'll bet you he would be half way to a Flordia prison by now.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 05:35 pm
These people marching for "justice" in this case, where were they when the gang of black kids, attacked, beat, and stripped a young white man?
They even got it on video and you can hear them laughing while they attack this young man.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/11/opinion/granderson-violence-race/index.html

Or why arent they marching for justice for the 29 year old white male that was shot and killed by a black man at taco bell?
BTW, that white man was mentally handicapped and had the mental capacity of a 12 year old.
The black man is claiming self defense, but there was no weapon found and all the witnesses are saying he was unarmed when he was shot.
Notice that part, there were witnesses to the shooting.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/profile.php?id=100001825513106
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 06:19 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Can you prove that Trayvon was the aggressor, or

I am not taking the words of anyone and had used the word if in almost every statement however I had taken note that the first judgment was that it was self defense before the pressure came into play by the same people who had play the racial game before such as in the Duke player so call race case and of the two men with working cell phones the one trying to get the police on the scene was Zimmerman.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 07:36 pm
@mysteryman,
Mysteryman,

The reason the Trayvon Martin case was so shocking, and the reason people were marching, is that the killer wasn't arrested even though everyone knew who he was.

Were there arrests made in either of these cases you refer to?

maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 07:38 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis,

Your "lynch mob" consists of Spike Lee (who later apologized profusely) and Mike Tyson (who is already famous for biting off someone's ear).

That doesn't say anything about the thousands of people who were peaceably marching to demand a fair trial for Trayvon's killer.
BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 09:31 pm
@maxdancona,
Killer?

As in a man that the police on the scene was of the opinion acted in self defense.

Sorry we do not normally arrest people for the crime of defensing themselves.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 10:30 pm
@BillRM,
We don't usually engage and shoot unarmed teenagers in self defense.