A funny kind of lynch mob...

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 06:12 pm
@FreeDuck,
18 is an adult. But then again different states around the country have said that girls as young as 14can make the decision to have an abortion. So I don't by the 17 is a kid thing. You can vote and join the military at 18 so 17 isn't a kid.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 06:14 pm
@parados,
Its not ignorance, its called being able to read. Zimmerman doesn't consider himself white, he considers himself hispanic. I'm going with the self identification of what Zimmerman uses.

I'm Italian/Sicilian and I don't consider myself white. I'm olive. My race is human.
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 06:23 pm
@Baldimo,
I disagree. I certainly wasn't an adult and did not have adult judgment at 17. I doubt you did either.
parados

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 07:10 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I'm Italian/Sicilian and I don't consider myself white. I'm olive. My race is human.

How can you be MORE than one thing using your logic?
You can't be Italian and human if Zimmerman can't be Hispanic and white.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 08:03 pm
@FreeDuck,
The lack of adult judgment might had resulted in him not calling the police himself and turning and attacking Zimmerman.
firefly

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 01:20 pm
@BillRM,
We don't know who pursued, or provoked, or confronted, first--or why.

That's why this case is now where it belongs--in court--so evidence can be properly presented and evaluated by a jury.

Zimmerman might have acted with justifiable and appropriate self-defense, or he might have made a tragic error in judgment. I'm keeping an open mind until I hear arguments from both sides.
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 01:42 pm
@BillRM,
That, and already being on the phone with his girlfriend when it happened.
BillRM

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 02:10 pm
@firefly,
Sorry no charge should have been level due to public pressure and that what seems to had happen here.

As I already stated the public outcry was not for a full investigation but for Zimmerman to be arrested.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 02:17 pm
@FreeDuck,
Quote:
That, and already being on the phone with his girlfriend when it happened

If I was concern about Zimmerman following me I would had ended the conversation with my wife and call 911.

I remember once talking to her then my door bell rang and on opening I found a police officer at the door.

Dear I said to my wife there is a man with a badge and a gun at the door so I will need to deal with him and then get back to you.

If Trayvon was concern not just mad over being follow ending the conversation with the girl and calling 911 would be the normal reaction in my opinion.
0 Replies