I feel "after using" very awkward, Please improve the sentence

McTag

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 07:00 am
@Philippos,

To be on the same page as JTT you would need to study English for a great many years at a very elevated level, and to read a large number of incomprehensible books.
JTT

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 12:37 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
To be on the same page as JTT you would need to study English for a great many years at a very elevated level, and to read a large number of incomprehensible books.

Well thank you, ... I think, McTag. Smile

But that's not true. I'll allow that it took some time but if you'll note there is no longer the same cadre of fools posting falsehood after falsehood in the peeves threads.

After numerous silly predictions on Setanta's part of the imminent demise of the main peeve thread, he turned out to be right - along the lines of an idiot screaming in December that winter will soon be over.

Other than OmSigD, I don't think there is anyone else advancing too much nonsense about language.

contrex

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 05:26 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Other than OmSigD, I don't think there is anyone else advancing too much nonsense about language.

Thus pronounceth the self-appointed Aspie watchdog.
JTT

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 05:28 pm
@contrex,
Oops, I forgot Contrex. He comes up with some real doozies.
0 Replies