What do you think of a facebook relationship?

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 08:08 am
What do you think of a guy who meets a girl on facebook (he never met her in person yet) and their relationship is now 2 1/2 weeks long. He even gave her his facebook password and she has access to his facebook account! He already calls her "honey" and she posts this as a status update in his facebook for everyone else to see on his facebook wall: "I miss you honey. I love you" She even wrote another status update on his wall saying,"It's hard when you're far from the one you love, but if it's for them- then its for the best" (he has a job working abroad. And I thought he was thinking of me when he wrote this status update until I found out about this slut) (I know that it wasn't him who wrote those status updates because he later wrote in the comments, "I didn't write those. My honey wrote those.") There is a photo of him edited with photomania (an app in facebook) with a heart shape framing his face. He wrote this comment under that photo, "Nice, my honey. hahahaha" They exchanged cellphone numbers and he calls her "HOney" in texts. One of his texts was "Hon...I'm now in the house. I'm going to call my mom. I've already eaten dinner. Have you eaten dinner yet??" Maybe they also talked on the phone because they exchanged cellphone numbers in facebook. Is this real love?

He's 19 years old (will be 20 in May) Is he truly in love with this whore or is this an infatuation?

This is my boyfriend by the way- and he said to me, "I'm so sorry, I fell in love with another girl. I don't want to hurt you, but I'll tell you this, you're still my best friend." This is the girl he met on facebook. I met him in person first before communicating with him via phone/cellphone (he's the neighbor of my cousins) but he never met this other girl in person. And he broke up with me because of this girl.

I think he fell in love with her pictures on facebook

I really hate this girl. I wish she would die : P
I know love at first sight in person exists- but what about love at first sight in facebook? does that exist too?

How could he have fallen in love with this slut so quickly on facebook? She must have been good at flirting with him. How did she charm him into getting him to give her his facebook password? Did she manipulate him? Is she evil and clever?
Don't stay I shouldn't blame her, because she knew he was in a relationship with me at the time they met. (she must have known if she has access to his account- she probably read all of the messages I sent to him) I wish I could read his private facebook inbox/chat history so I can know & investigate how their relationship started. (And so I could find out who this girl is- because I asked him who the girl is and he won't tell me probably because he's afraid that I will fight with her)
Please don't say I should forget him/move on, I already know that already. In time I will. But for now, I'm not ready. I'm not interested in dating other guys yet- and the next guy might hurt me too. Maybe it's best to stay single for awhile. (or forever!)

BillRM

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 08:30 am
@cherries9999,
Well this might help you thinking about the fact that this "girl" might be a 40 years old fat woman or even a man.

In any case he seems to be a complete idiot to fall that fast and that hard for someone writing text messages to him over the internet for a few weeks.

Better far better for you to find out that he is such a flake before you ended up marrying him and or having children with him.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 01:46 pm
He's 19 - still thinking with his dick.

But honestly - some guys fall in love instantly. They like the fantasy, the tease, the unattainable, the excitement.

So you can 1) let this ride and it will fade way knowing he'll be back 2) do a reality check on your relationship with him. He's pretty self centered and needy and that's why he's in love with the computer chick. His needs come first, so he totally can't even deal with your feelings.

I am sorry that you are hurt. Believe me, I know exactly what you are going thru. (betrayal, rejection, indifference, etc) Hurts like a pair of brand new shoes, but it will lessen over time.

Try to keep busy with other things.
BillRM

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 01:53 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
But honestly - some guys fall in love instantly

An far more to the point as far as women who had placed their well being in the hands of such young men they also fall out of love just as fast or even faster.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 02:33 pm
@cherries9999,
cherries9999 wrote:
This is my boyfriend by the way- and he said to me, "I'm so sorry, I fell in love with another girl. I don't want to hurt you, but I'll tell you this, you're still my best friend."

apparently, he was your boyfriend. He has moved on.

Don't blame her - she wasn't in a relationship with you - he was.

Sounds like he's too young to be in a 'relationship' IRL.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 06:15 pm
@cherries9999,
Love and infatuation aren't rational. They aren't supposed to be. You don't want to be looking for reasons where none exist. I'm sorry you're hurt, but whatever the reason it's over between you and your Ex-boyfriend, it's over. The reason it's over won't make a difference to your future without him.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 09:02 am
@cherries9999,
I gotta go with ehBeth on this one. Why call her a whore and get mad at her? She may not even know you exist. It is your boyfriend who has quit on your relationship. I think you should get over him and move on. If he is willing to throw away your relationship for an unknown person on the internet, then it did not bode well for the future anyway. Count yourself lucky that he showed himself now.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 09:16 am
@CoastalRat,
Quote:
Count yourself lucky that he showed himself now

Oh, yeah!!

Joe(so lucky)Nation
jo123

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 09:34 am
@Joe Nation,
the problem with people is that they blame the innocent party (fair enough if she knew of your existence, she is really in the wrong in this situation) however it is your boyfriend who is the sneaky one and who has betrayed your trust. Aside from that ....... think of this way, do you really want to spend your life with someone who ditches you over a fantasy facebook lover anyway? Move on and let them be happy together.

You will be the one better off in the end, keep smiling Smile
0 Replies

cherries9999

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 01:00 am
@PUNKEY,
When someone else in another place (Yahoo Answers) asked a question earlier and she said she known a guy in facebook for a year (and she wants to meet him in person), people answered to her, "How could you love someone you have never met?" So maybe my boyfriend couldn't really love this slut he met in facebook because he hasn't met her in person yet. Hopefully their relationship won't last. : P
0 Replies

eleven11

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 02:53 am
well, they should meet and know each other in reality, then choose true of false...
cherries9999

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 02:54 am
@eleven11,
He just sent me a message in facebook saying "I'm very sorry about what happened." Why is he writing this to me all of the sudden? (It's been 7 weeks since he broke up with me)
jespah

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 06:36 am
@cherries9999,
Allow me to introduce you to the phrase "jerking your chain".

He is doing that. Delete his comment from your timeline or block his message and move on.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 01:47 pm
@cherries9999,
Because he is an asshole.
Joe(but you alreadyknew that)Nation
0 Replies

myadultdatingblog23

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 07:31 pm
@BillRM,
i agree it is not fast to falling in love unless the man or the woman is your childhood crush Smile
0 Replies