Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:19 pm
http://cornwallfreenews.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/34591_trnsHover.jpg
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

And posting on a privately owned Internet message board is not the same as broadcasting slander over the public airwaves.

as well a political argument is not a personal attack. The arena of ideas is not a proper place for wusses, they should depart for more tranquil spaces if they cant handle it. America is deep into the ****, this is no time to cater to those who need to be victims.
Exactly right... When powerful people, wealthy people, and their representatives attack average citizens of this land for asking for their rights, then we all should not rest until those wealthy and powerful and slavish people are excised from this land with their kind... They have become our enemies in return for our adoration... They are enemies and dishonorable, and have no place among honorable people... Allow yourself to be their victim, or resist and with your resistence make yourself free...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:38 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:

as well a political argument is not a personal attack

A personal attack against a non public figure is NOT a political argument hawk. It's rather silly to try to claim it is.
Yes; but the idea that those with wealth and power are better than the rest of us, and deserve rights we do not possess, and that we do not deserve rights we do not possess is an ideology of sorts, a principal that goes forever unchallenged, and accepted as fact by most of them...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Fido wrote:

If you really wanted to advertize against organ donations, you would give one to Cheney... Why would anyone want to keep that thing alive longer than its appointed time... I can understand why he does not want to face his maker and have to justify his actions; but what can he do at this point to correct his life???

If the the justice system worked we might take comfort in keeping him alive long enouugh to convict him.
Punishing for example does not work, and should be stopped... People are either too stupid to take the example, are already moral, or the gains of such behavior are so great as to minimize even the threat of certain death if caught...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:45 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
At least you know when to shut up and be wrong... All the rest of the right keeps on with facefart when the only ones they are convincing are already convinced, and too stupid to be otherwise...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:53 pm
@Fido,
Its just that it makes little sense
to argue with an admitted mental defective.
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:57 pm
@firefly,
yeah..
but we like Ed Koch (pronounced KACH) as opposed to the Koch Brothers (pronounced COKE) whom we do not.

Joe(we're picky that way.)Nation

0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 01:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Its just that it makes little sense
to argue with an admitted mental defective.
I have had counseling, marriage counseling, parenting classes to assist my child deal with her issues, but I have never been called defective in the least, except by defects like yourself... I have never even been on anti depressants or tranquilizers... I simply am not like the rest of you, and until that becomes a disease, I am good.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 01:53 pm
@Fido,
As much as I hate to have to be the one to tell you must know that not adopting the groupthink is now considered to be a defect, one which often warrents re-edeucation by force.
Fido

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 07:27 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

As much as I hate to have to be the one to tell you must know that not adopting the groupthink is now considered to be a defect, one which often warrents re-edeucation by force.
The group is not always wrong, and they often reach wrong conclusions, imo, starting from perfectly reasonable and normal predicates, and taking them to irrational extremes... It may have only been a slim majority, but cheney appealed to it, and talked to American Glory and Beligerence...
The individual is only accidently right starting from the predicate that there is such a thing as a unique individual... Some times people like myself simply do not fit in, and break the molds that make us, and are perpetually round pegs in square holes... Not all of us are so distempered that we have to step outside of humanity as cheney did, to consider ourselves self made... I can honestly say that what I am is what I always was in reaction to my situation... I was too sensitive, and my parents and just about everyone I met was too insensitive so that to survive I had to turn off my primary means of learning and understanding, as emotions are...I count myself as fortunate to have not become as cheney and OSDavid, irreverent of life and careless with my words...I am different, and we all are different, so the term individual does not apply... What I am not is a psychopath as I am certain cheney is, and thanks to the madness of science, a living psychopath who will never grasp the meaning and value of life if he should live to be a million...

Science with its abstractions is not given to moral choices, but I would have cut my hand off before giving that criminal another second of life with it...And let us be clear: To allow life on purpose- to social zombies, people alive only in the sense that they can destroy life or the good qualities of life should be a crime...Just as corporations never die, those who run them want eternal life; but at what price??? They force so many to wish their only lives away only to have lives too valuable to surrender... They are ghools who long ago stopped feeding on human sweat and excess production, and now have begun taking the very life out of people directly and indirectly, and killing the life of this entire nation to have their own individual lives...

Try to understand what you are seeing... That class of people locks up huge numbers to keep the rest of us in line... There is no difference between those in prison and those without, because none of us is free..They kill at will foreigners who dare to demand their rights... How long will it be before they nuke us, or put the army on us to deny us the freedom we must some day demand to have our lives???...

cheney's heart is the example of a class of people who will not give up what they have taken, who will not admit the inevitable course of nature, and who mean to take us all with them to the grave -if it should become necessary for them to die at all...For cheney the death of one of us was a cause for celebration... For his class, the death of all of humanity would be a cause of exhileration...If they loved us they would treat us with dignity and respect... The love we feel for them they return with contempt... Love is not the emotion a farmer reserves for his flocks and herds...Their love exactly equals the price they can get out of their beasts..
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 10:04 am
All the stats are available on transplant centers. If one has the means, you can choose to be listed wherever you want. Many people relocate to list in a different part of the country than the part they reside in. Kinda of difficult for most of us to do.

Cheney has homes in Wyoming, VA, and Maryland. He chose to be listed in VA...my guess-- the odds were better in VA than they were in Wyoming.

But that's life. The wealthy have access to better food, better education and better medical care.

Until the transplant system in this country goes to a national program, we will never be able to ensure that the most in need is the next in line.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 01:41 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:
All the stats are available on transplant centers. If one has the means, you can choose to be listed wherever you want. Many people relocate to list in a different part of the country than the part they reside in. Kinda of difficult for most of us to do.

Cheney has homes in Wyoming, VA, and Maryland. He chose to be listed in VA...my guess-- the odds were better in VA than they were in Wyoming.
Cheney is a pretty smart guy; smarter than most. He 'd be likely to do something clever.
Hence, he was chosen to be Secretary of Defense and Vice President.

MMarciano wrote:
But that's life. The wealthy have access to better food,
better education and better medical care.
That is among the reasons in favor of being wealthy.

MMarciano wrote:
Until the transplant system in this country goes to a national program,
we will never be able to ensure that the most in need is the next in line.
I 'm pretty sure that there r a lot of guys in the Armed Forces who love Cheney
and appreciate him for his services to America.
I bet thay 'd probably want to put him at the head of the donor lists,
if thay fell victim to military fatality, if that is possible.
If I were in that position (in war), I 'd love to have Cheney
get salvaged anatomical organs from me, if I got killed.
I 'd consider it an honor.

I don 't know how the donation process is done.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 01:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
and appreciate him for his services to America

Not so much from what I see...the Army and many soldiers have been chewed up in Iraq, and for the most part the military personnel no longer believe that the cause was worth the hardship. Nobody knows that war is hell more than do the soldiers.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 02:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
DAVID wrote:
and appreciate him for his services to America

hawkeye10 wrote:
Not so much from what I see...the Army and many soldiers have been chewed up in Iraq, and for the most part the military personnel no longer believe that the cause was worth the hardship. Nobody knows that war is hell more than do the soldiers.
Cheney has not been incumbent for YEARS.
That thay remain there is not HIS fault.

I have withdrawn my original support from those wars.
I suspect that obama and W b4 him were only
trying to establish democracy there, instead of defending us.

Remember: we have ALL VOLUNTEER Armed Forces,
who have re-upped since these wars began.
No one is there who has not actively chosen to be.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 02:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Remember: we have ALL VOLUNTEER Armed Forces,
who have re-upped since these wars began.
No one is there who has not actively chosen to be

Tell that to all the tens of thousands of guys who were "stop-losted" into serving another tour of war after their terms of enlistment had ended.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 02:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
I did not know about that.
Thank u for that information.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 02:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said Wednesday that, over two years, he would all but eliminate an unpopular practice that has prevented tens of thousands of active-duty soldiers and reservists from leaving military service on time if they were scheduled to deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan.

More than 13,000 soldiers remain unable to exit the military under the policy, known as stop-loss, which was put in effect after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and then expanded in 2004 as the Army struggled to sustain two large war efforts.

The policy has been intensely unpopular with troops and their families, some of whom have denounced it as a back-door draft. Some 120,000 soldiers have been affected by stop-loss in its various forms since 2001, Army officials said Wednesday, a practice that Mr. Gates said had amounted to “breaking faith” with those in uniform.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/washington/19gates.html?_r=1

Are you beginning to see why it is not a slam dunk that the war mongers like Bush/Cheney would be loved by the troops?? It gets worse with time for all those who are physically (missing limbs for instance) and/or mentally (PTSD) wrecked, the caring for whom has been spotty at best, and will only get worse with the coming massive budget cuts. The unemployment rate for returning veterains is also amazing high, advertised as about 25% but there is a lot of evidence that it is higher. You cant blame employers for not being gungho on hiring chewed up ex soldiers, but what exactly are these boys and girls supposed to do with the rest of their lives???
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 03:10 pm
@hawkeye10,

Quote:
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said Wednesday that, over two years, he would all but eliminate an unpopular practice that has prevented tens of thousands of active-duty soldiers and reservists from leaving military service on time if they were scheduled to deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan.

More than 13,000 soldiers remain unable to exit the military under the policy, known as stop-loss, which was put in effect after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and then expanded in 2004 as the Army struggled to sustain two large war efforts.

The policy has been intensely unpopular with troops and their families, some of whom have denounced it as a back-door draft. Some 120,000 soldiers have been affected by stop-loss in its various forms since 2001, Army officials said Wednesday, a practice that Mr. Gates said had amounted to “breaking faith” with those in uniform.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/washington/19gates.html?_r=1

hawkeye10 wrote:
Are you beginning to see why it is not a slam dunk that the war mongers like Bush/Cheney would be loved by the troops??
Yes and no.
U make a very good point, about "stop-loss".
However, I 've spoken to troops who r very gung ho about it
and support American policy.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 03:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
A guy who does not know about stop loss, and how much is was hated by those serving, does not have much understanding of what is going on with the military. I also submit that this is another place (besides sexual relations) where consent theory eventually breaks down. Yes most of those who served us in war consented to serve, but as the ones who asked them to serve had we had and have an obligation to support their wellbeing. Only cretins can blow off that obligation with the words "no one made you do it, you consented, so tough luck BUDDY!"......
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 03:40 pm
"All told, about 120,000 soldiers have been subjected to stop loss orders, the Pentagon says ( As of June 2011, when this article was written)*. Under federal law, each of them is entitled to $500 for each month they were stop-lossed. Of those 120,000, about 14,000 still haven't filed a claim for the money they are entitled to."

*Note added by me

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-15/us/army.stop.loss_1_loss-orders-stop-lossed-robert-gates?_s=PM:US