Dick Cheney receives heart transplant

DrewDad

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:54 am
@jcboy,
I think they should have started with courage, and worked their way up.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:57 am
@DrewDad,
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404184_387995854563207_205344452828349_1420255_118265952_n.jpg
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:26 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
He is among my favorite people.

Surprise, surprise, Om. Is he ahead or behind slimy Joe McCarthy?
dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 02:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Ok....now THAT is scary.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Hmmm cynical? maybe but thats really what weve become.

The systematic abuse of the citizens at the hands of the state does tend to have this result.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 03:30 pm
I;m not surpriesed he needed one. It's obvious his had turned to stone long ago.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
Can we have a show of hands of how many of you who are making mean spirited jokes about Cheney's new heart also feel that Rush should suffer serious sanctions for calling a young woman a slut while making his political point.....Because it is alleged that he was being mean spirited?
DrewDad

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, it's alleged that he committed slander.
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Can we have a show of hands of how many of you who are making mean spirited jokes about Cheney's new heart

Where is your defense of all the jokes, slanderous/mean spirited comments made about Hitler?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:11 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

No, it's alleged that he committed slander.

I see, so it is alright to be mean so long as you think that you are right. What if Rush thinks that he is right? does he not have the same right to speak his mind as you do?
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I see, so it is alright to be mean so long as you think that you are right.

It's alright to be accurate, Hawk. In this case mean has come nowhere close to the suitable level of scorn.

Cheney has been involved in deep depravity for at least 30 years. They should reopen Spandau Prison for him and many of his cronies.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:28 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Cheney has been involved in deep depravity for at least 30 years. They should reopen Spandau Prison for him and many of his cronies.

I agree, which makes a great jumping off point for talking about how broken our "justice" system is, and what we might do to fix it. Just be clear, I dont have a problem with Cheney humor, my bitch is that so many people believe that there should be different rules for different folks, that their claims off allegiance to equality and diversity are bold faced lies.
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I agree,

Then why were you making an inane defense defending a piece of scum?

Quote:
which makes a great jumping off point for talking about how broken our "justice" system is, and what we might do to fix it.

Quote:
Just be clear, I dont have a problem with Cheney humor, my bitch is that so many people believe that there should be different rules for different folks, that their claims off allegiance to equality and diversity are bold faced lies.

These two portions, which I've separated, have no connection to one another.

What does the justice system have to do with people making fun of a war criminal, a terrorist piece of excrement, as good an example of subhuman as has ever walked the planet?

What's broken about the justice system, seriously broken, is that he still walks the streets a free man?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:00 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Then why were you making an inane defense defending a piece of scum?

You are having comprehension problems today I see. I did no such thing.

Quote:
What does the justice system have to do with people making fun of a war criminal, a terrorist piece of excrement, as good an example of subhuman as has ever walked the planet?
The failed justice system explains why Cheney was never brought up on charges. It also likely explains why he felt that he had free rein to ignore the Constitution. We are much more interested in focusing what we call our justice system on guys who take a drunken grope at women than we are with guys in power who ignore the Constitution and also abuse the citizens...this worked tremendously in his favor.
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The failed justice system explains why Cheney was never brought up on charges. It also likely explains why he felt that he had free rein to ignore the Constitution. We are much more interested in focusing on guys who take a drunken grope at women than we are with guys in power who ignore the Constitution and also abuse the citizens...this worked tremendously in his favor.

In that you are spot on, Hawk, but this isn't really a new development.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:44 pm
"Tis the heart of a pig -"
voice of Mirror on the Wall, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I see, so it is alright to be mean so long as you think that you are right. What if Rush thinks that he is right? does he not have the same right to speak his mind as you do?

Cheney is a public figure. Certainly you realize that hawkeye.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:58 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

Cheney is a public figure. Certainly you realize that hawkeye.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the one called slut an advocate who did public speaking even BEFORE Rush made her famous?
parados

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Speaking in public is not the same thing as a public figure hawkeye. Even you have to realize that.
parados

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:05 pm
Was Cheney too old for heart transplant?

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/25/10855120-cheney-too-old-for-transplant-bioethicist-weighs-in