Animals being caged

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 04:10 am
@farmerman,
The photo is when he was 9 weeks of age Smile Given to me with the instructions so to speak:)

He's very healthy, coat is shiny, not too fat but surely not skinny Smile And, he's probably around 18 month old now Smile
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 05:49 am
@FOUND SOUL,
we raised angora rabbits for a few years. It got to be a PITA after the kids grew out of them. SO we sold the "Herd" and gave the lab pens to a neighbor who raises ferrets.
Rabbits are cute but are annoyingly fecund
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 03:28 pm
@farmerman,
I bought him for my step-daughter, wrong move.. Just like your kids grew out of the angora's she quickly grew out of wanting to clean up or feed Smile Here, at this house he refuses to mess with well "his" house.. He uses a kitty litter tray or a barrel which has strawberries in it and that's it.. So, I guess I have to be happy with that Smile Pets are pets but they have to have personality, character, he does chase a broom around in circles, so he does entertain us to a degree lols.

I texted my step-daughter last night, her reply was "YAY", but I wonder if she will go outside, when she gets home and give him a cuddle haha.
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 03:52 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
KIDS, ya cant live with em and ya cant eat em.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 04:43 pm
@farmerman,
haha.

I thought that applied to men ? Only you can't live with them or without them Smile Couldn't possibly use your quote there, in that application Smile
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:33 pm
@farmerman,
Wabbit passed away Sad

Apparently, they hide their illnesses as in the wild, they can not allow their preditors to be aware. On Christmas Day, he just wanted to find somewhere to lay on his stomach and be comfortable... Kept going back to his bed.. The morning after, at the Vets, they advised that rabbits can over groom themselves, or over eat and they end up with blockages that can not be cured in any way other than surgery.

Un-like puddy tats they can't cough up fur balls. After his ex-ray confirmed this was the case, ready for surgery, the little boy passed away.. Not before I held him and patted him mind you for some time..

Dang rabbit.

Just over 2 years. But, but, but, 2 years of running around, escaping, having freedom, jumping over the dog, and cat (giggles) complete freedom verses 8 years locked in a cage as most rabbits are.

RIP Mr Jetstar...

x
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:45 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Oh, Mr. Jetstar, you were a very good rabbit.
I'm glad Found Soul got to be with you at the end.

((((((Found Soul)))))

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 05:05 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
[url]http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/JULY2011pluswinston038.jpg[url]

[url]http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/FAWNBRAKE0564_zps3afae46e.jpg[url]
0 Replies