Gaining longevity

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 08:36 am
Of course there’s no way to confirm it but my excellent health at 81 (I’m treated only for hypertension and cholesterol, conditions which practically everyone else shares) might owe to my daily ingestion of dozens of off-the-shelf nostrums.

And frequent consumption of moderate doses of The Brew:

http://www.realbeer.com/discussions/showthread.php?p=261441

By coincidence one such nostrum is the multivitamin and by coincidence just this morning my take is buttressed by this report another benefit just recently discovered

http://www.swansonhealthnews.com/newsletters/ResearchUpdate/2012/120315/120315_RU.html

My technique is the occasional media report substantiating the supposed value of a particular elixir whereupon I add it. I could list them all but as my posts tend to get overly drawn out but I’d be happy to chat with you as [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,376 • Replies: 29
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 08:41 am
I am not so sure if I want to be the oldest at the rest home....

Longevity is not something I aspire - keeping my health , definitely!
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 08:44 am
@CalamityJane,
Oh Jane I assure you it’s wonderful

Except possibly for the side effects of an meds you might be on

http://able2know.org/topic/186240-1
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 08:48 am
@dalehileman,
To each its own Dale. Thank you, but I am not on any medication!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 08:58 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
substantiating the supposed value of a particular elixir whereupon I add it

If you actually added in all the items which are offered up as beneficial even within the course of a single year, you'd not have time to take them all.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 09:08 am
@Sturgis,
Stur you’re quite right, the confirmation has to be pretty strong. For instance just the other day convincing evidence that MegaRed really does promote longevity in terms of its effect on the heart, reported by CostCo whom I trust so I added it to my regimen. But you’re right that the mouthful of pills and caps gets hard to swallow and in fact for that very reason I alternate so that the full dosage is achieved in two subsequent days
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 10:17 am
Well, this clears up a lot of things.

Joe(Happy 81st Birthday, belated)Nation
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 10:24 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Well, this clears up a lot of things.
Sorry Joe but what does
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 11:37 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Of course there’s no way to confirm it but my excellent health at 81 (I’m treated only for hypertension and cholesterol, conditions which practically everyone else shares) might owe to my daily ingestion of dozens of off-the-shelf nostrums.

In previous posts, you've written:

dalehileman wrote:

Thanks fellers for explaining that, I was sure my problem must have something to do with my age and incipient Alzheimer’s

dalehileman wrote:

Thank you most kindly Oss but don’t hold my failing eyesight, advanced age, and inclement Alzheimer’s against me

Has your incipient and inclement Alzheimer's caused you to forget that your persona on these boards is not supposed to be in excellent health?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:20 pm
@dalehileman,
Now that I know a bit about your age and health, I understand some of the difficulties you seem to have been dealing with on A2K.

Be well.
Joe(take it easy)Nation
Ragman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:49 pm
@dalehileman,
I'm 61..and personally understand the intense desire for longevity at this stage of life. That being said, I also take some supplements in limited amounts. I do not equate the taking of these supplements with any expectation of longevity or even with better health. I would caution anyone else I know from such an expectation. I'm on a limited narrow budget so I can't entertain such a fantasy either. I cross my fingers and keep my medical appointments regularly.

IMHO, being 'smart enough' to have selected good genes, living in a healthful pollution-free environment, living a healthful life (with less stress) over the long haul might give some assurance of longevity. Having good luck can also be part of the picture, too.

However, cramming a bunch of pills in our mouths will certainly make pill-maker's very happy, but won't overcome the inevitable. A lifetime of good health habits might be our best insurance.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:18 pm
@Joe Nation,
Then you forgive me

But what does the “2” stand for
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:19 pm
@Ragman,
Rag that’s very well put, and thank you therefore
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:47 pm
@dalehileman,
to
Ragman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:51 pm
@dalehileman,
A2K = Able to Know. This is the abbreviation of this site's name.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 02:34 pm
@Ragman,
Aha! Rag
It does save a keystroke doesn’t it
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 02:35 pm
@roger,
Quote:
to

Sorry Rog but to what
Ragman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 02:49 pm
@dalehileman,
Rog was explaining to you what I had explained to you about abbreviation of A2K. Out of curiosity, how is your vision? Not being fresh or disrespectful, but I've noticed some disconnects in communication.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 02:53 pm
@Ragman,
Indeed Rag, just wait til you’re 81 with incipient Alz's
Ragman

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 03:33 pm
@dalehileman,
You're creating conflicting info about your health and ability to comprehend info. Understand that I'm not picking on you but you DO need to understand what you contribute to this disconnect here.