How do you relieve irritation from latex condoms?

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:33 pm
Yesterday I had sex for the first time. In the heat of the moment, I forgot that I can be allergic to latex. (I had a reaction a couple years ago from the latex bands I wore around my braces. Nothing major though.) I'm experiencing some irritation in my vagina, nothing too unbearable but still uncomfortable. I thought it was from my vagina being stretched and rubbed against for the first time. But he used plenty of lube and the condoms were lubricated. Plus, after I got over the initial pain of him being inside me for the first time, it felt great! So I'm sure the irritation I'm experiencing is from the latex condom. Anyone else experience this? If so, how did you relieve the irritation or does it go away on its own?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 10,680 • Replies: 19
Topic Closed

jespah

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:39 pm
@MusicJunkie21,
I'm guessing it's like any other kind of latex irritation you'd get.

BTW, Trojan makes non-latex condoms: http://www.trojancondoms.com/Product/trojan-supra-lubricated-condoms.aspx?gclid=CO-Dmcaf564CFcMQNAodq2YHaA
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:40 pm
@MusicJunkie21,
Try some Benadryl. Then switch to non-latex condoms for future encounters. If the irritation doesn't go away then consult a doctor.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:44 pm
How do you relieve irritation from latex condoms?

Just say no.
MusicJunkie21

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:46 pm
@Setanta,
Too late. LMAO! Good one though...
FOUND SOUL

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:51 pm
@MusicJunkie21,

Irritations are likened to any yeast infection.

Go to your chemist and describe the situation and they will give you a once off pill to take to rid it, or cream to use to combat it.

Then consider the pill, I mean men hate condoms right? Smile
MusicJunkie21

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
lol...im not a huge fan of condoms myself. May not get on the pill...but I'm thinking about trying spermicidal foam or sponges. Thanks for your input though.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:58 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
No no no, she should take the pill and use condoms together and there is no other option. Condoms alone don't protect you from getting pregnant and the pill alone doesn't protect you from STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).

Please, always use both!
MusicJunkie21

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 02:59 pm
@CalamityJane,
Good point.
CalamityJane

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:02 pm
@MusicJunkie21,
If you don't want to take the pill there is a patch you can use. It's replaced once a week for 3 weeks and the last week you're without it. Good alternative to the pill.
MusicJunkie21

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:06 pm
@CalamityJane,
You seem to know a lot about birth control. Are you familiar with spermicides at all? (foams, sponges, etc.)
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:09 pm
@CalamityJane,
OH!~

Good point Smile
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:45 pm
Since this was your first time, I'd say it's just irritation from the new experience. Glad it "felt great" since most girls don't enjoy it that much the first time.

If it doesn't get better in 3 days, see a Dr.
MusicJunkie21

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 03:54 pm
@PUNKEY,
So am I! It had a lot to do with the guy I was with. He was patient, made sure I was very wet before doing his thing...he was amazing. Made my first time incredible. But yeah, I was expecting to be irritated from it being my first time but I remembered being allergic to latex so I figured that could have been an issue as well.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 04:45 pm
@Setanta,
See if Rush Limbaugh will pay for a lifetime supply of Bayer Aspirin. Laughing
Setanta

Wed 14 Mar, 2012 05:04 pm
@Butrflynet,
Rush ain't in the business of putting his money where his mouth is . . . that hillbilly heroin ain't cheap, ya know . . .
0 Replies

Nikkisjames

Mon 7 Oct, 2013 06:00 pm
Iam currently experiencing vaginal irritation due to using latex condoms my question is how to relieve this uncomfortable feeling or make a doctor appointment
jespah

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 06:18 am
@Nikkisjames,
It may be a latex allergy. Yes, you can get it there. See your doctor.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Sun 12 Jan, 2014 07:14 pm
@MusicJunkie21,
Use a different type of condom or don't use one at all.

Heard it feels more pleasant when not using one.

I'm a male virgin I know nothing.
eed5d061d397b1

Wed 15 Jan, 2014 05:07 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
it could be an allergy
0 Replies