Real Question

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 04:22 pm
So this is an honest question. Not meant to rile people up. Is it about Satan.
My question is, is Satan, if he exists, really evil? He was "banished" from heaven because he betrayed God yes? He formed Hell after his betrayal to recruit for his next war on Heaven. Thus all people who are evil go to Hell to replenish Satans Army. Common stance belief yes? Well If Satan was recruiting, why would he treat his Army so terribly with eternal punishment? Wouldn't he treat his Army well? Couldn't Satan really be percieved as a warrior OF God? Working for God as a chief (arch) angel? His job is to punish those who don't believe in God or sin against him, thus meaning he works for God, not against God. This would infer that Satan really isn't evil, but only doing Gods dirty work for him, as to not tarnish his own name. Much like a mafia boss uses people to do his work for him, so his name does not get tarnished.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,710 • Replies: 31

Ragman

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 04:36 pm
@ArmyAthiest,
Credbility starts with spelling your own nick correctly (atheist).

BTW - just out of curiosity...have you ever seen a devil?
ArmyAthiest

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 06:20 pm
@Ragman,
Would have if it wasn't already taken. Anyways. No I have not. I do not think that they or anything for that matter greater then man does exist. God, Satan, Devil, Angle, Ghost any of it.
raprap

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 06:35 pm
@ArmyAthiest,
Letters From the Earth

0 Replies

His Word

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 09:48 pm
@ArmyAthiest,
Evil exists. Lucifer fell from heaven because he said, in his heart, that he could be like God.
The hell you describe is not biblical. People don't go to hell to replenish Satan's army. Sheol is a bit more abstract than mainstream representation.
Finally, God takes credit for judgment and punishment.

I would go into more detail but suspect that this is probably more of an answer than most are prepared to understand.
Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 01:31 am
@His Word,
Try "than most are willing to believe," and you would be approaching reality.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 07:13 am
@ArmyAthiest,
Quote:
I do not think that they or anything for that matter greater then man does exist.

Well if you are correct in that...the universe is a very, very sad place indeed.
His Word

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 09:02 am
@Setanta,
Do you know what I would teach? How then do you know why I am holding back?
ArmyAthiest

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 02:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's not a sad place at all. Just means you should enjoy every day you have now more fully because they are the only days you have. Once this is over, it is over. Enjoy what you have and live. Really live. Go see the cloud mountains is Honduras, climb Mt. Everest, hike through Yellow Stone, Visit the beaches of the Carribean, Spend a day playing catch with your son. You won't be able to relive your life somewhere else, so do what you can now. I don't think that's sad at all, I think it's wonderful that people realize that and grasp all they can of life now, instead of spending hours or days a week at some church or mosque or temple praying that what they didn't get to do here will be there for them after this. Take those hours to make a difference in someones life. Buy a homeless man a hamburger, show your kid how to drive, or fish, or hunt. Take an old friend out to a steak dinner. Why waste your time praying for more later when you have everything you need now.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 03:37 pm
@ArmyAthiest,
Don’t make irrational assumptions, AA.

I don’t visit churches and I do not pray.

You said, “I do not think that they or anything for that matter greater then man does exist.”

My response was, “Well if you are correct in that...the universe is a very, very sad place indeed.”

If “man”…meaning human beings on planet Earth—are as good as it gets, then the universe is a very, very sad place.

No need for GODS in order to improve on the pile of **** we erroneously call an intelligent species.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 04:16 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I don't understand.
Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 04:41 am
@chai2,
There, there, Chai . . . i'm sure you don't . . .
Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 04:44 am
@His Word,
I haven't suggested that you're holding back--i am suggesting that you're dealing in delusions. You know, such as your imaginary friend superstition.
chai2

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 08:59 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

There, there, Chai . . . i'm sure you don't . . .

I just won't worry my pretty little head over it.
Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 09:39 am
@chai2,
There ya go . . .

Actually, i thought you were being sarcastic. The member calling him- or herself "His Word" wrote:

Quote:
I would go into more detail but suspect that this is probably more of an answer than most are prepared to understand (emphasis added).

So, I wrote:

Quote:
chai2

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 09:52 am
@Setanta,
I was (being sarcastic)

Actually, I thought that parting shot of his about not understanding was simply condescending.
Ragman

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:04 am
@chai2,
how shocking Shocked
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 01:39 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You know, such as your imaginary friend superstition.

Is superstition an imaginary friend, or is it a social phenomenon?
tenderfoot

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 12:02 am
@izzythepush,
I think it's implied... that, the imaginary friend is a superstition and also a social phenomenon.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 03:49 am
@tenderfoot,
Wouldn't Superstition have to be personified before it's classed as an imaginary friend?
0 Replies