Is trying to Get Rid of the term "Retard" a Useless Effort?

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 01:51 pm
Everytime I think I know how repulsive Hawkeye is, he surprises even me. He must have a book at home called, How to be a complete ****, I guess he's aslmost done.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 01:54 pm
hawkeye sure is a ******* asshole.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 01:54 pm
@Rockhead,
And that's being nice.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 03:02 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

hawkeye sure is a ******* asshole.

Toward those who deserve/need a kick in the ass.....absolutely. Civilization and the success of the humans are dependent upon us all pulling together and doing productive things, niceness not only does not help with this endevour, it gets in the way. We should take a poll and find out how many of the nicey nice people think that the human race is doomed, I bet that the number is huge.

I am one asshole who refuses to go down without a fight.....
djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 04:05 pm
whether you use a word or term, or you don't use it. trying to get rid of any word or term, is, for the lack of a better word or term, retarded

in my opinion
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 04:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're a Nazi, they started off killing the disabled, then moved on to other 'harmful' influences. The 'collective' could well do without people like you. If we're going to start killing people who are harmful to society we should start with you.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 04:29 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

whether you use a word or term, or you don't use it. trying to get rid of any word or term, is, for the lack of a better word or term, retarded

in my opinion

Would you go so far as to say that it is wrong to try and make people feel bad about their choice to use words that you don't like? I mean WTF!...I am not 6 years old, and they are not my parents.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 04:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're a Nazi, they started off killing the disabled, then moved on to other 'harmful' influences. The 'collective' could well do without people like you. If we're going to start killing people who are harmful to society we should start with you.

I don't advocate the state taking life but for war and treason, but I would force sterilize those with a high chance of producing defective children. That would go far towards cutting down in the number of retards....this is a no brainer.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 04:53 pm

When someone applies for a job,
intelligence will be considered, regardless of semantics.

When someone offers advice,
intelligence will be considered, b4 that advice is accepted.

When someone asks a girl for a date,
intelligence is very likely to be considered (in my opinion).

For sure, the word "idiot" is disproportionately well represented
in the vocabulary that is forthcoming in this forum!

David
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:28 pm
'Ashley treatment' on the rise amid concerns from disability rights groups

Controversial medical procedure to limit growth of severely disabled children is being increasingly used, Guardian learns

Quote:
A controversial procedure to limit the growth of severely disabled children to keep them forever small – which ignited a fiery debate about the limits of medical intervention when it was first revealed five years ago – has begun to spread among families in America, Europe and beyond.

The Guardian has learned that at least 12 other families have carried out or are in the process of undergoing such medical therapies. The total number of children who have been administered with hormones to keep them small may have reached more than 100 and interest among families extended into the thousands.

The Guardian is in contact with two of the new families, both involving severely disabled children who were adopted. They include the world's first known example of a boy who has been given hormone therapy that keep him child-sized for the rest of his life.

Five years ago details first emerged of Ashley, a nine-year-old girl living near Seattle. She was born with developmental disabilities that meant she was unable to talk or walk, and continues to have the cognitive ability of an infant.

Ashley's parents, together with doctors at Seattle children's hospital, devised a cocktail of medical interventions to keep her from growing any further. Dubbed the "Ashley treatment", the procedure was born out of the conviction that Ashley's quality of life would improve as it would spare her physical discomfort and pain.

The core of the treatment was hormone therapy: high estrogen doses to bring forward the closure of the growth plates in her bones, which would in turn stop her growing. In addition, surgical interventions included removal of her nascent breast buds to avoid the discomfort of fully-formed breasts later in life, and a hysterectomy to avoid menstruation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/mar/15/ashley-treatment-rise-amid-concerns

Interesting...paying attention now.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
I read it when it first appeared, this is a very specific example, where a child who is quite severelydisabled is kept artificially young so they can be better looked after. It's very controversial, but most of the protagonists seem motivated by the best interests of the child, not the 'collective,' or whatever Nazi buzz word is doing the rounds right now.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:40 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I read it when it first appeared, this is a very specific example, where a child who is quite severelydisabled is kept artificially young so they can be better looked after. It's very controversial, but most of the protagonists seem motivated by the best interests of the child, not the 'collective,' or whatever Nazi buzz word is doing the rounds right now.

Are you also interesting in buying a bridge? The claim that it is for the good of the retard is rote, like saying that you want new big tits for self confidence. Only a twit believes the assertion (waves at Pushy). This is being done to make caring for the retard easier and cheaper for the care givers, not for any other reason.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
You really like using that word don't you, does it makes you feel a bit big? Unlike you, I've not made my mind up, but I can see how it would be easier for someone if they could be moved about without a lot of hoists and other medical equipment.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You really like using that word don't you, does it makes you feel a bit big? Unlike you, I've not made my mind up, but I can see how it would be easier for someone if they could be moved about without a lot of hoists and other medical equipment.

Yes, in the same spirit in which I smoke a cigar every now and then as a giant "**** YOU!" to the anti tobacco zealots, and I cheer on women who self identify as sluts, and add salt to the recently desalted processed foods. I am aggressively hostile towards bossy pricks, and champion anyone who joins me in fighting them. Retard is a perfectly good word, the best word in many cases to drive home the intended point. I will use it with relish, the more I am condemned for using it the more I will enjoy using it.
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:15 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Re: hawkeye10 (Post 4922055)
You're a Nazi, they started off killing the disabled, then moved on to other 'harmful' influences.

I don't remember the source, but I once read somewhere that the first persons who were gassed in Nazi Germany were mentally retarded children who weren't even Jewish.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:17 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
Re: hawkeye10 (Post 4922055)
You're a Nazi, they started off killing the disabled, then moved on to other 'harmful' influences.

I don't remember the source, but I once read somewhere that the first persons who were gassed in Nazi Germany were mentally retarded children who weren't even Jewish.

A point that would only be relevant if someone was talking about killing retards. I am not aware of anyone who does so.
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
For sure, the word "idiot" is disproportionately well represented
in the vocabulary that is forthcoming in this forum!

Huh? Confused What do you mean?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
A point that would only be relevant if someone was talking about killing retards. I am not aware of anyone who does so.

Neither do I. Laughing I never believed that my little statement was relevant to this thread, strictly speaking. I was just adding to what izzy said 2 Cents , and I thought it was an interesting fact of history. I do realize that in the world of A2K I'm a little fish in a big pond. I know my place! Sad Mr. Green Wink

(My initial response to emoticons was to derisively dismiss them, but now I use them all the time because it's fun and actually useful at times! Laughing )
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:35 pm
@wmwcjr,
You might reconsider supporting Pushy in his off topic temper tantrums, as they are bad for morale....