Failed to understand why the Billie Piper TV drama adds to the treand

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 08:44 pm

The "trend" seems referring back to the "sex-selling trend in medical students". Does the author mean "TV show circle and medical student circle are adding each other"?

Context:

Hundreds of medical students are turning to prostitution to fund their education after the seedy world’s glamorous portrayal in Secret Diary of a Call Girl, a report reveals.
The Billie Piper TV drama in which the dangers are sidelined and she ‘oozes glamour and sophistication’ may have added to the trend, a medical journal claims.

More:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107989/Hundreds-medical-students-use-sex-pay-bills-following-glamorous-portrayals-industry-TV-show.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 641 • Replies: 2
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
MontereyJack
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 09:09 pm
I have no idea what you mean by "adding each other". It's saying that med students thought the people in the show were glamorous and exciting and the prostitution it glamorized seemed like a good way to pay some of the huge costs in going to med school. It's the TV show inspiring the students to make a bad decision, the students didn't influence the TV show back.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:53 pm
I wonder what Joe and OmSig did to put themselves through law school.
0 Replies