could i have secondary bone cancer ?

suekell

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 06:38 am
I had surgery for bowel cancer 6 months ago at stage B. I was told the cancer had not spread to my lymph nodes and did not need chemo, however for the last 2/3 months i have had bone pain in my knee which is very bad at night and my leg is quite stiff during the day. Could there be a possibility that this may be bone cancer ?

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:55 am
Only a Dr. can tell you that, but personally, it just sounds like knee problems.

How old are you?

Congrats on your battle with the bowel cancer. My husband died of colon cancer but it was stage 4 when discovered. It sounds like you got it early. Good for you.
0 Replies

demonhunter

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 04:22 pm
@suekell,
Since, at the time of resection, it was determined that your cancer had not metastasized, it seems more reasonable to me to suspect other causes for the joint pain. That being said, it is a sign (especially in the joints), and all cancer has the potential to spread. The best course of action, in my professional opinion, is to talk to your doctor and get some piece of mind.
0 Replies

suekell

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 08:24 am
Thanks for your answers, i am going to see my doc tomorrow as it is a worry. I was lucky to be diagnosed at stage B, i am also only 48 so quite young to have had this. Will keep you posted.
0 Replies