Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 01:41 pm
I had sex on Saturday February 18th, 2012. I have been pregnant before and I started to experience early pregnancy symptoms like dizziness, nausea, headache, and minor abdominal pain. Five days later I took NextChoice. I took both of the pills at the same time. About 24 hours after I took the pills, most of the symptoms went away except for minor headaches. Now, I am experiencing white chalky discharge. I want to know if I may be pregnant. I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet because I'm much too stressed. The discharge is not sticky and it only has a light smell. I need an answer.

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 01:52 pm
@tsimone7195,
Go to the doctor :\ Hope it wasn't a one night stand...could be an STD? Sorry, I think you should just go to the doc to be on the safe side.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2012 02:04 pm
@tsimone7195,
If you need an answer, go get a pregnancy test kit and use it.

Here's info on the morning after pill and how it should be used:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/morning-after-pill/MY01190

0 Replies

demonhunter

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 02:52 pm
@tsimone7195,
Dizziness and nausea are considered "presumptive" signs of pregnancy, which basically means they don't tell you anything for sure. The next best level of evidence, considered "probable" signs, are usually not known until later on; that is,except for home pregnancy tests, which can be used anytime. The best level of evidence for pregnancy,considered "positive" signs and a definate pregnancy, require a visit to your doctor.

Now, as far as the headache and discharge go, they might be related to hormonal changes (however the discharge is unusual). They could also be some other things. I would recommend going to see a doctor and putting your mind at ease.

PS: I know I look like a dufus in my avatar, but I do know what I am talking about. ; )
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 03:39 pm
@tsimone7195,
You don't mention where you were in your menstrual cycle on the 18th when you had sex. If you were mid-cycle and presumably fertile then waiting 5 days to take the morning after pill was probably too late. They should be taken 12 hours apart and the first one taken within 72 hours of having sex. The headaches you're experiencing can be a side effect of the Next Choice pills. The earlier symptoms could have been from any number of things, including being stressed about being pregnant. The discharge could simply be premenstrual discharge if you're nearing the end of your cycle, or it could mean something clinical. The only thing to do at this point is to take a pregnancy test (at home or, if you're really worried, get a blood test through your doctor).
0 Replies