The U.S. National Elections For President, The Senate And The House Of Representatives.

RABEL222

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 04:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
why dont congress tell Netanyahu to stop interfering with U.S. elections and go back to Israel and straighten out the problems in his country. Our congress has no balls. If Irans president did this congress would have a fit.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 12:16 am
@RABEL222,
I find it fascinating how Israel is able to lead the US by our nose.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 12:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not all of us, just the stupid brain washed ones. 50 years of Jews good Arabs bad has taken its toll.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 04:52 pm
Good evening.
This thread has been quiet for a few days, eclipsed by Romney's self inflicted wounds regarding the 47%. Another week squandered and his hapless staff decides to change the topic to ... his tax returns! Go figure.
Early voting begins in earnest in many states in early October.
I've started to pay closer attention to the Senate races. The current make up is 53 Dems and 47 Repubs. There was fear/hope that control could flip - which would be important.
RCP has the poll of polls at 48 Dems, 44 Repubs and 8 Tossups. I see it, for what it is worth, as 47-43-10.
Final outcome: Dems retain control (54-46?).
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 05:05 pm
@realjohnboy,
What about the House?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 05:53 pm
There are currently 241 Repubs and 194 Dems in the House. All 435 seats are up for grabs. One might think that owing to redistricting after the 2010 census there would be a lot of competitive races. But thanks to gerrymandering that is not the case.
RCP has the split as 229 R - 183 D - 23 Tossup. Polling is sparse.
Neither Obama nor Romney has coattails to ride for most of the House candidates.
What is important (particularly if Romney loses) is the fight for control of the GOP beyond 2012.
House remains Republican is my guess.

RABEL222

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 05:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
So 4 more years of gridlock. Wonderful!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 06:13 pm
@RABEL222,
Can't do much about it when the people who rate congress below 12, and continue to vote them in year after year.

There's no ............
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 06:43 pm
I disagree about gridlock.
IF, I say IF, Obama is reelected with a Democratic controlled Senate, the Repub idea of repealing all or most of Obamacare falls away.
And at some point in his 2nd term Obama gets to nominate a Supreme Court justice or two.
Between now and 2014 (if Romney loses) there will be a battle royale for leadership of the GOP.
The "establishment" may opt for a more middle ground strategy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 07:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
I disagree; the republicans will continue to push their agenda knowing it'll never pass muster - to keep their base of conservatives, and to show they are "worth" something to their party.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 10:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
You forgot cure CI. Some might think you are saying there is no stupid.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 05:00 pm
The Great Debate..
...Begins in about 2 hours. The media has been hyping the hell out of it. Reporters can't resist resorting to sports metaphors:
"Romney must come out of his corner swinging."
"Obama - despite his title - can't afford to just dance around."
(There is a certain irony, since boxing is rarely on tv anymore and the sport seems to be in decline).
But some 10 million (?) people are expected to tune in at the beginning of the 90-minute show hoping to see (to continue the sports thing) a NASCAR-like crash: Nixon sweating or GHWB looking at his watch or....
I don't to mean to be dismissive of the American voters' "intelligence" in choosing our next leader. The issues are complicated and there will probably be a lot of political babble that clarifies little.
And people will watch and for those truly undecided there will be something
in one of the candidate's body language that catches their eye.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 05:19 pm
@realjohnboy,
The best thing for Obama is to look presidential.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 06:54 pm
There was a debate in Texas, yesterday. Public TV repeated it this evening. I watched the first forty five minutes or so. Ted Cruz, the Republican, was in my opinion, wrong on virtually everything he said, but he spoke with an authority and persuasiveness that made the Democrat look weak and untrustworthy. If I had not been knowledgeable enough, I possibly would have agreed with Cruz.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's what I'm seeing on the presidential debate; Romney is lying about his tax cuts for the middle class, and about the analysis done by OMB on what he and Ryan have been saying about the 5 trillion dollar tax cuts for the wealthy. This number was not "created" by Obama. It's what Romney-Ryan have been saying.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 04:55 pm
I am not sure whether Romney will get a bump in the polls. I rather doubt it but what do I know.
He will get, I think, a big boost in enthusiasm from donors and volunteers at a crucial time.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 05:16 pm
@realjohnboy,
Romney will get a bump, because those who have stayed on the side-lines now have a purpose that every vote counts, because it's such a close race.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:12 pm
This probably won't work but we are going try it anyway...

How do you see the POPULAR vote turning out on November 6th?
??.?% for Romney
??.?% for Obama
??.?% for Other
=
100.0%

And the ELECTORAL COLLEGE votes?
??? for Romney
??? for Obama
??? for Other
=

Real Clear Politics is a site that is, in essence, a poll of polls. In the left hand column - just above the green bar - is the RCP Electoral College Map. You can Create Your Own Map and save it if you might want to change your mind.
I promise to offer Really Big Prizes to whomever comes closest.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey, rjb, do you believe me now about Romney's bump? Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:36 pm
@realjohnboy,
It's hard to figure, because it's been swinging faster than a music clock.
0 Replies